• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Band Brothers Expansion Pack

Akia

http://ds.ign.com/articles/631/631077p1.html

Nintendo will be putting the DS's Game Boy Advance slot to good use for an upcoming expansion pack for Band Brothers. Tentatively titled Band Brothers Zouka Kyoku Cartridge ("Band Brothers Additional Song Cartridge"), the expansion will feature 20 additional songs and will ship on a Game Boy Advance cartridge.
The new songs are being selected with the help of Nintendo's fan base.

EDIT: According to the Japanese site the date and price of the expansion pack haven't been decided but they will release new information about it on 8/22.

nubbe

Wouldn't it be cool if the Pokemon game on DS only ship with 50 kinds of monsters and you would need to buy expansion packs to get the other 250 kinds and beyond.
There could even be limited edition expansions with legendary Pokemons.

$$$$$$$

M3wThr33

Banned
What happens if they ship a second one?
Will the second one include all the first songs? You can't hotswap, right?

Spencerr

Banned
nubbe said:
Wouldn't it be cool if the Pokemon game on DS only ship with 50 kinds of monsters and you would need to buy expansion packs to get the other 250 kinds and beyond.
There could even be limited edition expansions with legendary Pokemons.

$$$$$$$

No it would not be cool. However it would be cool if it was an MMORPG and as more Pokemon were created or whatever there were expansions for it.... but this is only a dream.

Spencerr

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Could the GBA slot be used as an additional Memory Card slot?

You know I thought about that and it seems feasible, but it doesn't seem like there'd be that much need for it.

Mallrat83

Banned
GBA cartridge slot for expansion pack possibilities? Holy shit, I had never really thought about this before!! This could really turn out to be a hell of a feature. :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Dazzla said:
I like this idea, DS games with GBA cart peripherals.
Only if it comes with the game and it isn't much more expensive ($5-10 more at most).

Looks like I'll be picking this up. I'm still playing Band Brothers and still love it, one of the top DS games out there. Hopefully this has a nice song list as well, but since it's coming from Japan DS fans, I don't think I'm all that worried.

G4life98

A gba cart sized sd-memory card adapter with internal memory and a slot...would makes for a nice device for game expansions.

like play-yan without the mp3 function.

WindyMan

The Ashley theme from WW Touched was an awesome choice for the add-on songs. I would kill for Mona's music from WW Twisted in Band Bros.

I don't suppose anyone has found a site where you exchange songs people have created for the game, hm?

mutsu

Society said:
Can you tell me the fields on the form, so I can fill out a request.

From top to bottom:

The song you want to play
Artist of the song
Comment (on why you want this song)

These fields are only required if you want to receive a gift (Japan address only of course)
Name, Age
Gender (Male, Female)
Post-Code
Address
Phone number

Thomper

Taichu said:
Expansions for Animal Crossing DS would be cool...
That would be so awesome. The game would truly never end... someone buys an AC expansion, and you get 10 new sets of items, 5 new village-characters, and an extra holiday or something. Great!

I *REALLY* hope 'Jam with the Band' isnt here yet because of licensing issues with the music...cause its now obvious that its popular enough to warrant an expansion pack.

..and yet, we still havent gotten the original release of it here in the states yet.

Damn you Nintendo!

polg

I tell a friend (huge gamer)
"they announced an expansion pack for Band Brothers!"
and she says
"oh, I've never seen that series"
:lol

DarthWufei said:
Looks like I'll be picking this up. I'm still playing Band Brothers and still love it, one of the top DS games out there. Hopefully this has a nice song list as well, but since it's coming from Japan DS fans, I don't think I'm all that worried.

have you started composing your own tunes yet? i actually have the OP theme to Animal Crossing on my Band Brothers... :lol

jerrymaguire said:
have you started composing your own tunes yet? i actually have the OP theme to Animal Crossing on my Band Brothers... :lol
Hah yes, I've put in a couple of FFXI tunes and some other things, I've been meaning to add more stuff in there, but I'm not quite sure what yet.

Awesome feature though, that alone would have made me bought the game. :p

GDGF

Soothsayer
Jonnyram said:
I voted for the Theme from M*A*S*H.

Is that really a choice? If so, dopeness :)

(edit: it's a write in? Uber dopeness)

One of you Japanese guys should choose Semi Charmed Life. That's my favorite karaoke song.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
bune duggy said:
this is coming from Nintendo who thought it was OK to raise their 1st-party game prices to $34.99. So no, I don't think so.

I love how everyone screams that Nintendo is the awful money-making company... especially considering the average MSRP for PSP games.

I'm just pissed because I really wanted Kirby and when I went to buy it it was $34.99. Same with Wario: Touched. They can afford to have their games at $29.99 as they don't pay licensing fees to themselves so why don't they? Another example is DK:JB w/ bongos. When it was first released it was $54.99. Why, especially if DK w/bongos was $49.99 on release?

Top Bottom