• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced | June 21 7:00 AM PT

Bridges

Nintendo wants all of my money and they know exactly how to get it.

It pains me though that we get a Luigi's Mansion 2 remake but not the original. I know there was a 3DS rerelease but I want it on the big screen.

Pikmin 4, WarioWare, Mario RPG and Mario Wonder might all be day 1 for me. Makes me wonder if they're ever going to wind down the Switch after this.

Stafford

Despite what everyone is saying. New hardware is closer than most believe, imo.

But.......when do they reveal it? And the next question would be, what kind of specs can we expect? Do we considers ourselves lucky if they come with something like a PS4 or a Pro? It's Nintendo, I'm sure they'll want to stick with the hybrid thing too, something has to give if they don't want to ask a crazy price.

But.......when do they reveal it? And the next question would be, what kind of specs can we expect? Do we considers ourselves lucky if they come with something like a PS4 or a Pro? It's Nintendo, I'm sure they'll want to stick with the hybrid thing too, something has to give if they don't want to ask a crazy price.
No idea. If it is a Switch 2 in form factor, I kind of expect something like a Steam Deck In terms of specs. But it needs to be in a smaller form factor.

I don’t know when it will be revealed. Nintendo has done a wonderful job on clamping down on leaks. It is almost unbelievable. But, I still think Bloomberg, WSJ, or NikkeI…maybe even someone like IGN will help Nintendo and “soften the ground“ by leaking some information on Next Generation in the coming weeks or months via a “report”. I am not sure. This is what I would do though.

In all honesty, I have felt this way for a while now. Being candid, I feel that some parties are in the loop to some degree on Nintendo’s plans. I even think some insiders like Nate The Hate has far more information that he is willing to share. I think the news outlets do as well.

Even if the Switch 2 is not releasing until late 2024, Nintendo may choose to use a news outlet to acknowledge the future. Again, I feel the time is right to start giving vague details about next gen From a credible source.

The investor meeting at Nintendo will be interesting in a few days.

NahaNago

Finally watched the direct and I'd say that it was pretty solid. They had a bunch of what looks like really good games. I'm interested in the mario rpg, that new 2d mario, and that game made by that sonic team. I will most definitely get that star ocean game. I'd give this Direct a rating of B. Nothing really wowed me but I'm interested and will buy several games so I'd say this is a positive for Nintendo.

engstra

This was probably a 5-6/10. They're usually not great but at least show some interesting indies etc (even if most aren't exclusive) but not much of that this time. Mario Wonders looks fun as hell but I want a new 3D AAA Mario. Even if it's a lot of remasters and remakes, I still appreciate that they are making these games available. Always wanted to try Pikmin so it's cool they're releasing those. Why are they putting out Luigis Mansion 2 but not the first one? Penny's Big Breakaway looks great.

Top Bottom