• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct is reportedly scheduled for the end of June

Draugoth

Gold Member
nintendo-direct-june.jpg

Information is by the Nintendo Journalist who first reported on the Nintendo Switch 2 2025 delay:

The date on the event has yet to be set:

There's no Nintendo Direct this week. It's the end of the month, and as far as I know, the exact date isn't even certain yet.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Personally, I don't expect much until Switch 2 has it's dedicated hardware show.

If we're lucky, maybe Metroid Prime 4 this holiday and some small stuff. You can never rule out Fire Emblem either.

Last edited:

SCB3

Personally, I don't expect much until Switch 2 has it's dedicated hardware show.

If we're lucky, maybe Metroid Prime 4 this holiday and some small stuff. You can never rule out Fire Emblem either.
If the 2025 rumor is true, Nintendo will want to show something off for Summer and then one last hurrah for Xmas - Something like Prime 4 and the oft rumored Zelda HD ports would do nicely for that

Then again Nintendo have let consoles quietly bow out like the 3DS and Wii U did, so who knows, it depends when they want to launch the successor really

Power Pro

If the 2025 rumor is true, Nintendo will want to show something off for Summer and then one last hurrah for Xmas - Something like Prime 4 and the oft rumored Zelda HD ports would do nicely for that

Then again Nintendo have let consoles quietly bow out like the 3DS and Wii U did, so who knows, it depends when they want to launch the successor really
This is what I'm afraid of. It'd be nice if we had some idea of what to expect the rest of the year, but I feel like I have no fuckin' idea.

After Sony and Microsoft being obvious that they're not trying to appeal to me anymore, Nintendo feels like my last hope.

Robb

Gold Member
Looking forward to it, but I’m not expecting much. Would love some Metroid Prime 4 news though, that’d be the best case scenario.
metroid-nintendo.gif

Power Pro

Looking forward to it, but I’m not expecting much. Would love some Metroid Prime 4 news though, that’d be the best case scenario.
metroid-nintendo.gif
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this game was pushed to be only a Switch 2 title. Hate to see it held back by the Switch, and maybe see it thrive on more powerful hardware.

Robb

Gold Member
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this game was pushed to be only a Switch 2 title. Hate to see it held back by the Switch, and maybe see it thrive on more powerful hardware.
I agree but it’s too late for that either way. They should be at the end of the dev cycle and have been developing it with Switch in mind since 2019.

Even if they announce that it’ll be “Switch 2” exclusive it’ll still always be held back by Switch.

Last edited:
Just taking a guess but I'm going to say June 26th or 27th. The 27th is a Thursday and when Luigi's Mansion 2 drops, Nintendo tends to like to control the narrative - especially when it comes to the Mario franchise.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

That’s why late July or early August would be better for a Nintendo Direct, unless of course it’s another “Indie” Direct.

Top Bottom