• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Mini: Ring Fit Adventure

Just ordered a copy this week on Amazon. Initially set a delivery date to October, but a day after ordering got an email it will be delivered this week.

Shifty1897

this good? does it actually give you a workout?

might be worth investing in this if it will help me do some daily exercise...

update: just ordered one for $80.
Yes, it kicks my butt every time I use it. I had to tune it down from the recommended difficulty because I'm so out of shape.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It's worth it. Me, my wife, and the three oldest kids have all been using it pretty regularly since October (I think that was when it launched last year).

It will help develop stabilizer muscles, lay a decent foundation of lung-heart, and will build some flexibility. Because the resistance on the ring is fairly low, you aren't going to get massive muscles, though. You can turn the difficulty way up if you want a longer exercise which means more cardio. I use it as a "cooldown" at the end of the day by beating 1 or 2 story levels, about 15-20 minutes in total.

I dunno if it would "get you in shape" but the RPG mechanics are a novel hook, much more interesting than Wii Fit. Picking moves, leveling up, exploiting energy-shakes, upgrading gear, etc etc all feel about as complex as a Mario & Luigi RPG, but instead of timed button-presses you are of course doing an exercise.

As a bonus, the minigames and the moves in general are fun. I hope Nintendo does a sequel and/or more games that utilize the ringcon.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah i bought one looking forward to it.

i've only had brief experience with games and exercise. one time i played this arcade game shooting gallery where you planted your feet on the ground and could duck and dodge by doing squats. i only played 10-15 minutes of the game but the next day my legs were like rubber.

there is something about losing yourself into a fantasy world that makes working out much easier. you get lost in it.

recently i started playing games while standing up. just trying to find a healthier way to do things. this quarantine has me playing so many games so might as well...

Last edited:

Bluecondor

Implying this game is on sale anywhere.

I just bought a very slightly used one (US version) on Amazon. The box had been opened, but the game was still sealed. It was $80 (same as the $79.99 for a new one in stores) plus shipping.

I bought Ring Fit Adventure but have to wait a while for it to ship. I watched a few videos before it came and thought Ring Fit was a fun way to get a workout. I should've purchased it a long time ago.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah i have high blood pressure and heart issues so this quarantine is not very good for any of that. i walk up and down stairs in my apartment building for what little exercise i can get, but that's not enough. really looking forward to this and making it a daily thing.

i also ordered the $80 one from Amazon, says it will be arriving 9/11. never forget... to exercise!

Top Bottom