• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo GC 2005 Revolution Teaser Video now available, get it while its hot.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bit slow and drawn-out for a teaser, but I quite like the approach they are taking.

Clever use of the word definition as well ;)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"We expanded the definition of wireless gaming." :lol

olimario

Banned
Let me save everyone a download

1Mach_-_Nes_with_Zapper.jpg

platform-gameboyt.jpg

gamecube-jet.jpg
nintendo_ds1.jpg

REVOLUTION IS GREAT
igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023043066.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
polg said:
and the almighty Virtual Boy

sadly that was missing from the teaser :lol

the virtual boy is neglected bastard child from Nintendo

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
Maybe it's like that Rammstein song, which sucks if the language is your native tongue but sounds kinda cool if it's foreign (this video being played in Germany and all)?

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Up until this point, I never knew the actual definintion of expand. Will expand be the new gaf lingo?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Matlock said:
OH GOD A TEASER AIRED IN GERMANY MAKES ME DISAPPOINTED AND ANGRY.

Get over yourselves.

:lol Yeah, seriously. You guys should know by now that anything German is bound to kill you or piss you off anyway.

etiolate

Banned
"Mario Mario and Luigi Mario star in.. the definition of action movie... LITTLE TORTILLA BOY!"

It's that same guy isn't it?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This peter molyneux runs some German television station, right?

Where's this blog of his?

123rl

Chittagong said:
Exactly how did GameCube expand the definition of gaming? Trigger click?

It ignored the industry, its fans and the mass market, and made an unprecedented amount of stupid mistakes. I'd call that pretty revolutionary ;)

Awful video...I feel dirty after watching it. I almost expected them to say they invented online gaming.

IMO, Nintendo have lost the plot. My favourite games company when I was a child, but they've gone downhill SO much in the last 3 years. Whatever they're planning with the Rev sounds pretty poor tbh. Simplified and short games to appeal to everyone? Piss off. I want my 30 hour epic adventures

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
123rl said:
It ignored the industry, its fans and the mass market, and made an unprecedented amount of stupid mistakes. I'd call that pretty revolutionary ;)

Awful video...I feel dirty after watching it. I almost expected them to say they invented online gaming.

IMO, Nintendo have lost the plot. My favourite games company when I was a child, but they've gone downhill SO much in the last 3 years. Whatever they're planning with the Rev sounds pretty poor tbh. Simplified and short games to appeal to everyone? Piss off. I want my 30 hour epic adventures

what the hell do you expect from a hype video? sony has done similar shit..

and nintendo has said absolutely nothing about simplified games.. theyve talked about simplified methods of control.

123rl

Iwata has said that he wants shorter games. Was it in an Edge interview or at E3? I can't remember but I know that he has said it recently.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
123rl said:
Iwata has said that he wants shorter games. Was it in an Edge interview or at E3? I can't remember but I know that he has said it recently.

do you think zelda will be short? i think he's talking about adding those short games like warioware into their arsenal.. in addition to their normal crap.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
no you can't have both simple controls and complex games! It has to be one or the other! Such is the law of GAF.

You can't have a simple game like Wario Ware coexisting with a game with simple controls and deep mechanics like Advance wars with a game with more complex controls and mechanics like Zelda. Nor can you have both huge epic quests and short games. It has to be one or the other for every company, period.

123rl

FFS did I even say that? No.

Of course there can be a mix of games...that's exactly what I want! But Nintendo (Iwata) said that he wants to focus on shorter games that appeal to people who don't normally make games. Does that mean they'll stop making epic games? Probably not but it sounds like they don't want to make them a priority (which is what annoyed me since it's the kind of game I like)

Top Bottom