• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo now charges $70 for last gen games

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Pennywise

Banned
Nintendo has now started to charge $70 for its games, starting with Tears of the Kingdom

yQMN8d6.png

Peterthumpa

Are you a Daily Mail jounalist OP? The only thing missing now is the obligatory capitalised click bait title.
"Nintendo now CHARGES $70 for LAST GEN games".

Anyway, I believe your definition of last-gen is wrong.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
In case any Canadians miss it.

Raising the price is one way to ensure those Vouchers get sold.

$140 for 2 vouchers in AB, works out to $69 CND for both games, so it's a "deal", actually a big deal because Zelda is $89 CND works out to $95 CND.

One can hope that the CND is strong when Amazon.co.jp finally puts up their pre-order, but it'll be hard to see the price being cheaper than $69CND.

You're welcome Canadians for me doing the math.

TL;CR(too long;can't read): If you're in Canada buy 2 vouchers you'll end up saving $26 on Zelda and $15 on any other game that's included in the voucher program. Also "move" to AB.

Robb

Gold Member
I’m expecting it to be better than 95% of the games released this year though. Zelda being more expensive is the last thing I care about when it comes to this.

The main issue would be when they start to ask $70 for stuff like 1-2 Switch etc.

FunkMiller

If the market is there, they'll charge whatever they can. If you don't like it, don't buy the game at full price. That's the only way they will realise they can't gouge customers.

as1m

Banned
Pretty sure I used to pay up to £50-60 back in the n64 days. Wasn’t a problem then, isn’t a problem now.

And yet most of these titles are far and away better than most current gen games. I have no problem paying premium prices for premium experiences.

Sleepwalker

I’m expecting it to be better than 95% of the games released this year though. Zelda being more expensive is the last thing I care about when it comes to this.

The main issue would be when they start to ask $70 for stuff like 1-2 Switch etc.
$70 20fps pokemon is next

hussar16

I've noticed nintendos money schemes on par with all the rest of them . The online squeezing money from you .they have no shame

alf717

Wond
Ehhh, I still paid $80 for Chrono Trigger in 1995.
I paid around the same for Breath of Fire 2 at KB Toys. Game was a blast and was the first game I ever bought. Wonder if they are using a larger cart size for Tears of the Kingdom.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So much disrespect here for the best selling console of all time. I mean someone must like it
It's that fabled Nintendo fanbase that just buys everything but still didn't buy Virtual Boy, GameCube, WiiU (and also doesn't make big/great IP/games like Metroid/Zelda/Xenoblade/Splatoon/Astral Chain sell nearly as much as their mainstream IP), it's only their own favorite boxes that sell on their merits. Clearly in this industry only the deserving of it flop unless we happen to like a flop then it's undeservedly and only the praise worthy sell well, except for Nintendo which undeservedly sells and deservedly flops despite a fanbase that buys it all no questions asked, Idk, only geniuses get it 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Three

So wait. They removed the $70 price from the site yesterday like it was a mistake then just added it back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom