• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people here thinking this will really be a cross platform system? I doubt it for most stuff that is fine though. As long as we can get solid nintendo titles at a quicker pace and the odd platform specific game I will be more than happy.

Not sure I understand. Cross platform? Platform specific?

JoeM86

You know it might sound crazy, but wouldn't it be something else if the "Switch" version of Pokemon Sun and Moon was actually more like an expansion?

The game references Johoto Region ALOT and a specific character ends up going there at the end of the game...

I could see it taking you back to the original islands. It would also be the first 3D remake of the region also.

I know it is extremely unlikely, but you never know....

The reports indicate it'd be like how Platinum, Emerald etc. were, not just HD Sun & Moon. The Eurogamer article worded it poorly at the start and with the title.

javac

Yeah that is was turned me of the wii u was how slow and janky it was.

Yeah I do hope that this is snappy like a modern tablet, no fluff and slow transitions, just click on the app and have it spring to life. I'm hopeful that this thing launches with as many apps as possible such as Netflix and such, I envision this being a serious contender for being a modern child-friendly entertainment device, as long as the battery is decent. Tablets are a dime a dozen, maybe this thing playing games competently is enough, and I don't think that they should follow the "All in One" approach or the misguided TVii stuff but it wouldn't hurt to have this being, well a decent tablet experience.

Platy

That list is out of date. This is the updated version.

jMnrtv0.jpg

You still have the confirmed sonic there.

I would change to Sonic Mania

How can there be one SKU when Laura's sources said GAME had two SKUs-one 32GB and one 64GB with Splatoon pack in

If it wasn't for the 64GB then I would've said it's just a Splatoon bundle for GAME. If there's one SKU then I can't see Splatoon packed in at $250. It could be the Mario Sports game or some small mini game collection.

I would like to use your bingo card on our FB page if that is cool

Speaking of, if anyone would like to join our page as an editor please let me know by PM.

For now, it's mostly for fun and I can share the link by PM unless a mod feel's it's ok to show it here.

Either way, we may need the extra help as things heat up and it's more, of a fan page for art , news a few memes and I'd love to have a few creative things on board like the sonic page has. We currently have about 3 active posters so you aren't alone for sure. One of them is a Nintendo Life and ex Kotaku news staffer

This is probably the most excited I have been for a Nintendo system with hope since the GameCube. Getting a bit excited, hope they don't let me down on Mario

Aren't Nintendo's games usually really good on file size? The Wii U discs' capacity was usually 25 GB and I think the only Nintendo published game that approached that limit was Xenoblade Chronicles X (and I'm expecting Zelda to exceed it), with most of their other titles averaging around 4 GB in size iirc. I think Mario Kart was a little less than 5 GB and 3D World was something like 1.5-2 gigs. Seeing as the average game cart on this thing is supposedly going to be 16-32 GB (doubt many third parties will opt for 32-64 GB since cartridges are more expensive than discs and they'd probably compress the hell out of assets to lower production costs), I should be able to get away with a 256 GB micro sd card for this thing.

How can there be one SKU when Laura's sources said GAME had two SKUs-one 32GB and one 64GB with Splatoon pack in

If it wasn't for the 64GB then I would've said it's just a Splatoon bundle for GAME. If there's one SKU then I can't see Splatoon packed in at $250. It could be the Mario Sports game or some small mini game collection.

Laura's sources could be wrong, it is possible.

phanphare

Banned

maybe NoA is getting shafted yet again because they think the public at large can't handle 2 unique SKUs

sphinx

the piano man
I am actually surprised there have been no leaks of the presentation so far

I get to sleep or to work and come back to GAF expecting a new but 50 page long thread with stuff about the presentation.

instead I get Scalebound cancelled >_>...

javac

I haven't seen if the back-plate on the Switch is screwed on, but if not, I could see them having it removable and switchable just like the New 3DS, or do you think that is dead? I guess cases and covers...cover that base. Speaking of the back plate, I haven't see an SD slot on this thing yet, hopefully it isn't behind the back-plate!

Net

If Bayonetta 3 really is in the works, would this be too early for an announcement? Even just a short teaser like they did for Bayonetta 2?

Laura's sources could be wrong, it is possible.
Yeah could be

Or

maybe NoA is getting shafted yet again because they think the public at large can't handle 2 unique SKUs

This. I wouldn't say "shafted", but to keep it simple and launch with one SKU. Which SKU would they launch with at $250 makes it sound like it would be a 32GB SKU which I'm fine with.

I buy some games digitally and some physically.

LordKano

If Bayonetta 3 really is in the works, would this be too early for an announcement? Even just a short teaser like they did for Bayonetta 2?

I also think this is waaaaay too early. I don't expect anything until the late 2017 Nintendo Direct.

Zalman

I'm assuming the Platinum game that's in the works is directed by Hashimoto. He was also on Star Fox Zero, which came out in April. So even if we assume they had nothing planned at that point, they've had about a year of development so far.

There's nothing stopping them from announcing the game, but they could also hold off until E3.

Waji

Sorry if already discussed but...

Yosuke Saito: I'm currently dreaming of being able to release in the order of NieR: Automata > Dragon Quest XI > Dragon Quest X on PS4 & Switch. But it's just a dream.

Reading a sentence like this from a SquareEnix employee makes me think about lots of things.

1) DQ XI and DQ X are already on both system, so NieR... ?

2) The order is more or less obvious considering NieR comes soon and DQ XI could create hype for the series on both systems as early as possible.

3) PS4 & Switch... it really gives the feeling both are put on the same level. And since SquareEnix announced DQXI extremely early when NX was a cloud a rumors, it's hard to not think they're going seriously with the Switch.

But... "it's just a dream" ? What does that mean... NieR not on Switch ? The order of release not possible ? (so X before XI ?). To me it doesn't make much sense and it almost feels more like a bad teaser or just a lone guy who'd love the Switch and PS4 to go along hand in hand or something.
Considering how "ok" Nintendo seemed to be with platinum being able to get Bayo and W101 on the... Wii U... I almost think NieR is clearly coming to Switch.
And the LKD rumors about no Platinum just means SquareEnix is presenting it and platinum is not involved or something (or it just isn't ready to be presented and could be released a few months after the other versions).

What do people think ? Am I looking too far ? Not enough ?

Zalman

Earthbound Beginnings, Earthbound and Mother 3 on a physical cart, I'd buy that in an instant.
I really hope this happens. I want them to make a big deal out of Mother 3. Don't just put it on the Virtual Console and leave it there. Treat it like an event.

Uhhhhhhhhh boy!! A famous german youtuber choosed me to come with him to Frankfurt!
I can play with the Switch on friday!!! Waha! Damn, I never expected he would choose me at all. Lol.

Hopefully I have enough time with Zelda. 8)

Josh5890

I hope Nintendo doesn't fall into a trap where they have to announce games waaaaay ahead of time like how they did with the Wii-U early on.

Earthbound Beginnings, Earthbound and Mother 3 on a physical cart, I'd buy that in an instant.

Limited to ten copies in North America.

releasing games from other platforms.. ie like destiny .. call of duty... battlefield... all games that are multiplatform I should say.

Oh I see.

Well I don't see why not? I'm sure we'll get some multiplatform support from the likes of EA (FIFA), WB, Ubisoft, Namco, Capcom, etc. Why wouldn't that happen?

All those names on the publisher slide that are supposedly supporting the system - they're not all just making exclusives for it.

maxcriden

General question for the thread:

I probably just missed it, but what's the consensus scenario on what EU gets at launch if Zelda doesn't make it?

Let's go with the most recent rumored premise that Zelda will hit NA and JP day one. But it's up in the air if it hits launch in EU. So, what happens then?

EU gets Mario before everyone else, as "compensation"?
EU gets Mario, and so does everyone else, and so we get a November 22, 2013 situation but across one single system?!
EU gets the same Nintendo titles as NA and JP except for Zelda?

What do you think will reasonably happen?

Oh I see.

Well I don't see why not? I'm sure we'll get some multiplatform support from the likes of EA (FIFA), WB, Ubisoft, Namco, Capcom, etc. Why wouldn't that happen?

All those names on the publisher slide that are supposedly supporting the system - they're not all just making exclusives for it.

well some games like red dead.. destiny .. gta... probably wont be able to run the games I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom