• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo will stop repairing Wii consoles in March 2020

dims

Nintendo's Wii has had a phenomenal run since its 2006 launch, selling more than 101 million consoles across its seven-year lifespan. Now, years after it was supplanted by the Wii U and then the Switch, Nintendo is announcing that it'll no longer service damaged Wiis in Japan and will stop accepting new units on March 31st.

According to a customarily terse statement by the company, it's getting harder to secure the spare parts necessary to keep a repair program running. That's why it's drawing the shutters on the offer to fix damaged consoles, nearly 15 years after it was initially launched. Although it's worth saying that for both Wii consoles and controllers, repairs may stop sooner than that if spare part stock runs out.

My sincere condolences to DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi

Same. They put us all in the gardening area for 12 hours. Everyone there had a DS and we spent the entire time pulling out games and playing multiplayer. Was a good time.

I had to spend some time in the gardening area as well, it was cold.

Not for 12 hours though thankfully, nobody had a DS but I do remember chatting with people to pass the time.

Fuck Time.

It sucks, man.

Since we entered 2020 I've been highly disturbed by the fact that the 2000s is 20 years ago, I have memories from that decade that literally feel like yesterday (granted it's the late part of the decade, but still)

It sucks, man.

Since we entered 2020 I've been highly disturbed by the fact that the 2000s is 20 years ago, I have memories from that decade that literally feel like yesterday (granted it's the late part of the decade, but still)
"Years become like months; months become like weeks; weeks become like days; days become like hours."

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
It sucks, man.

It sucks even more when like me all your favourite music turns 30 this year, and you remember watching TOTP re-runs from the 1980's the first time they were broadcast.

I hate feeling old.

Also, Dolphin will still be there once the last Wii has died.

Last edited:
Top Bottom