• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky: Adrift - Official Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the new No Man's Sky trailer for the game's latest update, No Man's Sky Adrift. For the first time, players can explore an abandoned universe in the Adrift Expedition. Use the Iron Vulture Star Ship as a safe haven in these perilous worlds with no NPCs, no shops, and no help. Will you make a pact with the ghostly new frigate class and unravel the mystery at the heart of this new universe? Check out the trailer for a look at some new No Man's Sky Adrift gameplay and a peek at what to expect.

Švejk

How's that Staruhfeeldz going, Bethesda?

mind-blown-explosion.gif

Only reason I haven't dove into this game balls deep, I'm still waiting to get a decent price for PSVR2...

Last edited:

Impotaku

Still remember some absolute clown on here saying starfield would make no mans sky totally obsolete.

Strange as I don’t see Bethesda offering shitloads of free content, hell you can barely get them to even fix the bugs.

This is the one game that could tempt me to get a psvr2. The story isn’t super gripping but the fun of infinite exploration in vr never got old even when I was playing it via the slightly more janky psvr1 version.

Last edited:

Thanati

Still remember some absolute clown on here saying starfield would make no mans sky totally obsolete.

Strange as I don’t see Bethesda offering shitloads of free content, hell you can barely get them to even fix the bugs.

This is the one game that could tempt me to get a psvr2. The story isn’t super gripping but the fun of infinite exploration in vr never got old even when I was playing it via the slightly more janky psvr1 version.
Starfield was obsolete the day it was released :)

Alebrije

I played the Game at launch , spent a Lot of hours farming and creating new ítems. But never Managed to end it.

After all those updates sometimes I want to play it again but at the same time all those updates make me think it's not the same game now.

I have the original physical Game , if I nstall it on My PS5 Will get all those updates for free? Or they have a cost?

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I played the Game at launch , spent a Lot of hours farming and creating new ítems. But never Managed to end it.

After all those updates sometimes I want to play it again but at the same time all those updates make me think it's not the same game now.

I have the original physical Game , if I nstall it on My PS5 Will get all those updates for free? Or they have a cost?

All updates are free.

Denton

I know it's in vogue to praise NMS and hate on Starfield, but I still maintain that the best thing about NMS is its soundtrack, and I will take even mediocre but still story-and-quest-driven RPG like Starfield over NMS.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
I know it's in vogue to praise NMS and hate on Starfield, but I still maintain that the best thing about NMS is its soundtrack, and I will take even mediocre but still story-and-quest-driven RPG like Starfield over NMS.
I'm tweeting this to Hello Games right now.

dreamstation

Gold Member
Haven't been able to watch the trailer yet but is there anything in this update for players continuing in the normal modes?

Whilst I’m no fan of the release now fix later strategy, I have to hand it to the studio, they are not one of the bigger studios but their efforts have put some of the big names to shame.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
It's a truly incredible game, and at this point, is one of the most comprehensive space exploration games on the market - one of the best ever made. We are a far cry from those post launch days where weirdo losers were taking photos of the outside of the Hello Games offices and basically threatening to kill Sean Murray every time the game was discussed. Fucking idiots.

I'll probably give this new mode a blast if it brings the game back to a similar feel as near launch. Keep trying to get back in every update but there's an almost overwhelming amount of additions for someone that mainly played at the beginning

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So uhh.... is there anything to actually DO in this besides generic farming, etc? Every video I see of it makes me want to go to sleep.
I go back every once in a while. Never lasts more than one sitting anymore. I’ve put 400+ hours into it across Steam, PS4 and Xbox. I really don’t think I’ve done anything other than increase my inventory, and buy ships here and there. I don’t regret my time with it, but the game is soulless and empty feeling to me now.

I really am looking forward to their next game.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
The people saying there's nothing to do, or they don't know what to do, are completely puzzling to me. Press ESC, go to 'Expedition', and there's an entire plotline with an upgrade tree that guides you through the entire game. Did people just stop playing in 2016 or something, yet still talk about it as though it's remotely the same game that it was at launch?

Kazdane

Gold Member
Dj Khaled Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

In all seriousness, the game is amazing and there's plenty of story to discover (and easy to follow as you follow actual questlines). I have to check if there's a new expedition underway already with this patch.

Buggy Loop

If No Mans Sky in its current state was what was originally released on release day would it be GOTY and blow people’s minds?

Nope

Well for some I guess. I think I’ve tried like 6 times to get into it and it’s so boring to me. The gathering and crafting part of it all is an hinderance to what could have been a good space « sim », vaguely using sim here as that part is also too simplistic for my tastes.

Those who like crafting and all, a space Minecraft almost, I’m sure it’s their GOTG.

gow3isben

Nope

Well for some I guess. I think I’ve tried like 6 times to get into it and it’s so boring to me. The gathering and crafting part of it all is an hinderance to what could have been a good space « sim », vaguely using sim here as that part is also too simplistic for my tastes.

Those who like crafting and all, a space Minecraft almost, I’m sure it’s their GOTG.

Ok fair

Does it live up to the original promise of the devs?

Buggy Loop

If No Mans Sky in its current state was what was originally released on release day would it be GOTY and blow people’s minds?

Yeah for sure, exceeded a while ago even with all the patches. Kudos to the team 100% and it’s one of those stories of a huge redemption arc to be remembered

I just realize that, even though I keep falling into buying crafting games like Don’t Starve, NMS, Minecraft, Subnautica, Grounded, Valheim… I always stop playing them rapidly. I guess I have enough engineering in a day as that’s my job. I kind of want to escape reality and not have to memorize all these pieces of crafting. Really hate crafting in general now thinking about it, also when slapped into action games. Maybe I should stop buying them 😅

nkarafo

The people saying there's nothing to do, or they don't know what to do, are completely puzzling to me. Press ESC, go to 'Expedition', and there's an entire plotline with an upgrade tree that guides you through the entire game. Did people just stop playing in 2016 or something, yet still talk about it as though it's remotely the same game that it was at launch?
Do these expeditions work offline?

ByWatterson

So uhh.... is there anything to actually DO in this besides generic farming, etc? Every video I see of it makes me want to go to sleep.

My man it's an interactive long-form poem. Let your guard down and just ride the meter and the rhyme scheme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom