• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky | Waypoint Update announced

Gudji

todd-howard-bethesda.gif

I'll be the debby downer here. It's nice that they keeping adding stuff, improving stuff, but I tried playing it and it has too much SHIT now that you just dont know what to do if there even is a point to what you're doing? This game needed a perfect story and they just completely scrapped that. Just building stuff, uncovering some alien language, and exploring planets and whatnot while nice for a few hours or so, got quickly boring.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Hmm.....i havent tried this in years, it was back when i had a PS4 Pro and this game made the fans launch like a 747 lol

How is this on PS5? Is there any kind of story, or meaningful play for a single player experience? Curious about what this "Relaxed mode" is too....

GladiusFrog

I'll be the debby downer here. It's nice that they keeping adding stuff, improving stuff, but I tried playing it and it has too much SHIT now that you just dont know what to do if there even is a point to what you're doing? This game needed a perfect story and they just completely scrapped that. Just building stuff, uncovering some alien language, and exploring planets and whatnot while nice for a few hours or so, got quickly boring.
What if I told you there IS a story.

Gamerguy84

So this game should be relabeled as the new PSHOME even if it's multiplatform.

Good friend of mine has spent 1000s of hours in it. I tried it and it didn't quite catch me but I'm waiting for PSVR2 to get in again.

With the Switch release, imo it would of been cool if they could of implemented Star Fox ships for you to pilot. Maybe they considered it, I know they put Mass Effect ships in there.

Another update :messenger_open_mouth:

Fucking hell Hello Games lol. They just keep delivering! I haven't actually looked at the patch notes yet.

edit: holy shit this is HUGE. i might actually give the game another try now. i used to always jump in with a new update but always gave up about an hour. this looks like it makes the game more relaxing and less grindy.

Last edited:
The Cockatrice The Cockatrice just wants a Mass Effect or Starfield esque story in No Mans Sky. There, it has been said. There's no need for everyone to dance around this for 30 posts lol.

The inclusion of the new custom settings and relaxed mode are for people here who constantly complained that they have to resource gather all of the time. Now you don't have to as much and can focus on space exploration and other aspects of the game(like it's story).

The Cockatrice The Cockatrice just wants a Mass Effect or Starfield esque story in No Mans Sky. There, it has been said. There's no need for everyone to dance around this for 30 posts lol.

The inclusion of the new custom settings and relaxed mode are for people here who constantly complained that they have to resource gather all of the time. Now you don't have to as much and can focus on space exploration and other aspects of the game(like it's story).

Im not rich I cant pay for a shitpost translator. Sry :(

darrylgorn

Sure, I suppose, going from point A to B can also be called a story in certain ways. Ok lemme rephrase that, a meaty GOOD story not some barebones shit.

Agreed.

I still have no idea what happened in this game and I'm pretty sure I passed it. I think part of the problem is that the story is mainly revealed through text dialogue with NPCs.

bender

What time is it?

You are one of those people who needs a build guide to play with Legos.

giphy.gif

You are one of those people who needs a build guide to play with Legos.

giphy.gif

No, I'm one of the adults with a life. I never siad I dont know how to play. Hell I was one of the idiots who bought the game on launch and reached the "ending" the center of the universe. Now its just millions of boring shit to do. Some will find it fun. I didnt.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
No, I'm one of the adults with a life. I never siad I dont know how to play. Hell I was one of the idiots who bought the game on launch and reached the "ending" the center of the universe. Now its just millions of boring shit to do. Some will find it fun. I didnt.

If that's the case and you're so important then why are you posting here? How do you find time to play games at all?

Get over yourself.

naguanatak

So you still think the Atlas Path which you might have played at release is the Artemis story a few people mentioned in this thread?
You didn't play the game much except for right after launch, did you?
You don't want a story... You seem to want cinematics, finely animated with nicely delivered dialogues and sequences with action. Would that satisfy your needs?
The story in NMS is told while you play the - for you - boring game. Delivered in short bursts and fleshed out by the lore you gather alongside exploring the galaxy and finding new ways to play. It can be extremely lonely out there, but we can now play together...of course at the beginning we couldn't, I know... Experiencing the ARG Waking Titan together with the community was one of the high points of my 30 years of gaming. The stuff we had to find and wrap our heads around, it was fascinating. Of course all of that needs a certain kind of love for these kinds of stories, delivered very slowly, stuff to make you think if you can let yourself get lost in it.
I get that it isn't for everyone... But continually dismissing what the game has to offer now is weird. Not that I don't like weird, I play NMS :) Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle I read often about the game. I even get that, although for me personally it isn't true.

Chukhopops

Will jump back in on psvr2
So this game should be relabeled as the new PSHOME even if it's multiplatform.

Good friend of mine has spent 1000s of hours in it. I tried it and it didn't quite catch me but I'm waiting for PSVR2 to get in again.
Did they improve the VR mode compared to launch? It was barely playable when I tried it because the interface wasn’t properly adapted for VR play.

Genuinely curious since I bought it for PC VR and it was shit, never tried after that.

Did they improve the VR mode compared to launch? It was barely playable when I tried it because the interface wasn’t properly adapted for VR play.

Genuinely curious since I bought it for PC VR and it was shit, never tried after that.
Honestly haven't tried it in VR yet.

Apparently is has been confirmed for psvr2 so I would assume if it isn't good on vr atm, that the next update will be making VR work ready for psvr2 in March.

Top Bottom