• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky | Waypoint Update announced

Gamerguy84

Did they improve the VR mode compared to launch? It was barely playable when I tried it because the interface wasn’t properly adapted for VR play.

Genuinely curious since I bought it for PC VR and it was shit, never tried after that.

I can't compare to PCVR but yes it did finally get a PS4 PRO and PS5 update, about a year ago, that made it a lot better on those machines. PS4 just couldn't handle anymore.

OuterLimits

Usually each massive update comes with a ton of bugs but I have always been impressed with how quickly Hello Games works to fix them. Often once a week, an update is dropped that fixes a bunch and almost all are corrected within 4-6 weeks.

I just bought the Switch version as well. I didn't mind dropping $60 on it since they have been providing free updates for years. Yes, I realize many of the early updates were to correct mistakes made at launch, but they redeemed themselves years ago yet continue to make the game better.

Last edited:
IMO No Man's Sky needs a very basic revamp instead of adding something upon. By basic I mean make exploration interesting. By that I mean procedural generation reboot and add at least SOME physics to the game. I really miss "alone in the universe" feeling.

Max_Po

Banned
News Flash, Cyberpunk is still trash.

Loaded up the other day on a 3080 and fucking cars next to me are still disappearing.

Did they improve the VR mode compared to launch? It was barely playable when I tried it because the interface wasn’t properly adapted for VR play.

Genuinely curious since I bought it for PC VR and it was shit, never tried after that.
If you have Quest 2 - no. Because Oculus Link eats 2-3gb of VRAM that's the main problem. However if you know what settings to use you can play very smooth on Quest 2. I suppose native Steam VR devices plays good already.

Chukhopops

If you have Quest 2 - no. Because Oculus Link eats 2-3gb of VRAM that's the main problem. However if you know what settings to use you can play very smooth on Quest 2. I suppose native Steam VR devices plays good already.
I used my Rift S back in the days. I will try it again when I’m back home as it seems they’ve made some fixes since 2.0 when PC VR was added (judging from some recent Reddit posts).

To me NMS in VR sounded like a dream so if they really improved it it could be great.

I used my Rift S back in the days. I will try it again when I’m back home as it seems they’ve made some fixes since 2.0 when PC VR was added (judging from some recent Reddit posts).

To me NMS in VR sounded like a dream so if they really improved it it could be great.
Today it's very good - DLSS really helped a lot! However same problems as monitor version - boring exploration, very unnatural landscape scale. Overall boring even in VR.

Top Bottom