• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No more Zelda games planned for 35th anniversary?

Kokoloko85

I was thinking they were gonna wait till Skyward Sword comes out and then announce some more but I guess not.

Out of all the Wii U games why not port Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess? They’ve ported like 70%+ Wii U games to the Switch.

What Ive wanted is Zelda OOT, Majoras Mask and the Wii U Zelda’s ported to Switch.

Nintendo can be so inconsistent and lazy where it matters…

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I was thinking they were gonna wait till Skyward Sword comes out and then announce some more but I guess not.

Out of all the Wii U games why not port Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess? They’ve ported like 70%+ Wii U games to the Switch.

What Ive wanted is Zelda OOT, Majoras Mask and the Wii U Zelda’s ported to Switch.

Nintendo can is so inconsistent and lazy where it matters…

I thought they were doing the same thing. I guess they plan on drip feeding them. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t release all of them this gen and make the Switch 2 not backwards compatibile and do another incomplete mixture of re-re-re-releases and first time HD ports.

Being a Nintendo fan can be infuriating.

SinDelta

No Ocarina of Time Remake
No Oracle of Ages/Seasons Spiritual Sucessor ala Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds and Links Awakening/Links Awakening Remake
No Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD Switch Ports

Skyward Sword HD, the Metroid Other M of the Zelda series is the 35th Anniversary game.

Yes I am disappointed.

Last edited:

martino

giphy.gif

93xfan

Banned
No Oracle of Ages/Seasons Spiritual Sucessor ala Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds and Links Awakening/Links Awakening Remake

Skyward Sword HD, the Metroid Other M of the Zelda series is the 35th Anniversary game.

Yes I am disappointed.

Don’t forget to pick up Skyward Sword for $60 by 3/31/22. A deal that good is likely to be taken away.

Woopah

I've already played all the Zelda games I want to play anyway. Give me the Breath of the Wild sequel and a new top down one and that's all I want (mayyyyybeeeee I could be persuaded to get a double pack remake of the Oracle games).

93xfan

Banned
Its 35, why thw big deal? I get 25, celebrating decades, big numbers like 50 and so on, but 35? Are we gonna demand festivities and remakes every time a series has aged another 5 years?

No, but why after 4+ years have they not brought a good 3D Zelda over to Switch.

Too much time focused on porting Miitopia? Too much time spent looking for the most obscure game to add to the NES collection?

What is the hold up?

And for comparisons sake:

Mario’s 35th:
Bowsers Fury+3D World
Mario 35 game
3 remasters in one game

Fbh

Apparently Nintendo hates money. I understand COVID and all, but annonce the 35th celebration with at least the Wii U ports. And explain they will come a by it later. But only Skyward Sword & the watch?? I don't get them...

Seems like sales optimization to me.
They want people to buy Skyward Sword.

If they announce all at once then people who don't want to spend $180 in a year on old Zelda games will probably just pick their favourite out of the 3.

But if you dripp feed them to users over time they might buy them all, and they'll always work as backup announcement to fill up the lineup of a weak year.

Kimahri

Banned
Did you not
No, but why after 4+ years have they not brought a good 3D Zelda over to Switch.

Too much time focused on porting Miitopia? Too much time spent looking for the most obscure game to add to the NES collection?

What is the hold up?

Mario’s 35th:
Bowsers Fury+3D World
Mario 35 game
3 remasters in one game
Did you not play Link's Awakening?

What does Mario matter? So they did this thing with that one thing, and now they have to do the same thing with this other thing?

We got Hyrule Warriors, botw2 is on the eay, skyward sword is getting a switch port. It's not like there's nothing.

93xfan

Banned
Did you not

Did you not play Link's Awakening?

What does Mario matter? So they did this thing with that one thing, and now they have to do the same thing with this other thing?

We got Hyrule Warriors, botw2 is on the eay, skyward sword is getting a switch port. It's not like there's nothing.

It’s very much like there’s nothing.

No thanks for SS ($60- same price as Mario 3D a world and the fantastic Bowser’s Fury). BotW2 is next year at the earliest. Hyrule Warriors as a Zelda game? You strike me as the type of person who picked up 4 GBAs to play 4 Swords and kept trying to convince your friends they were having a good time. If they released Tri-Force Heroes HD at $60, some people would be praising Nintendo as giving fans what they want.

Last edited:
Honestly, both Mario and so far Zelda 35th Anniversary "Celebrations" have been very underwhelming. Nintendo does mind boggling things some times. I've been done trying to figure them out. I'll just hope for the best because they've shown time and time again that they don't give you what you want. People have been asking for better online services and more backwards compatibility games on Nintendo's Online service since the Switch launch and it's been nothing but anemic offerings since it started.

We got better Mario/Kirby collections on SNES. Hell, they GAVE away a bad ass disk with a bunch of LoZ games for free as a pre-order incentive on the Gamecube. They are all over the map when it comes to putting collections together. Which is mind blowing, because they have such a huge and crazy good library of games and they are essentially doing nothing with them. Some of those games they have would be evergreen titles with very long legs but they'd rather just Disney Vault some of their things and it's so strange.

Last edited:

Stallone

Neo Member
There are rumors of a Wind Waker / Twilight Princess HD port and that was not announced during the direct so the Skyward Sword launch sales would not be impacted. Time will tell if this is true, but if it is, it would bring the Zelda 35 celebration closer to what Mario got.

MiguelItUp

It's pretty strange and lame to me. I mean, at this point, anniversary celebrations for games don't really feel like a whole lot. The communities always have fairly reasonable hopes, and it feels like they're never delivered. In response, something of much smaller scale and value is provided. Or something completely off the wall that the community wants nothing to do with. I'll never understand it.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
There are rumors of a Wind Waker / Twilight Princess HD port and that was not announced during the direct so the Skyward Sword launch sales would not be impacted. Time will tell if this is true, but if it is, it would bring the Zelda 35 celebration closer to what Mario got.

Maybe it was a bad translation. I hope so. But the wording did say nothing else planned to celebrate the anniversary for the switch. And after the switch pro, I’m putting much less stock in those rumors

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nintendo is losing their minds not having these essential Zelda games on the Switch it's like someone at Nintendo Corporate is blocking it from being done saying "No no!", when the finally get on the Switch they will be must play games.

93xfan

Banned
Honestly, both Mario and so far Zelda 35th Anniversary "Celebrations" have been very underwhelming. Nintendo does mind boggling things some times. I've been done trying to figure them out. I'll just hope for the best because they've shown time and time again that they don't give you what you want. People have been asking for better online services and more backwards compatibility games on Nintendo's Online service since the Switch launch and it's been nothing but anemic offerings since it started.

We got better Mario/Kirby collections on SNES. Hell, they GAVE away a bad ass disk with a bunch of LoZ games away for free as a pre-order incentive on the Gamecube. They are all over the map when it comes to putting collections together. Which is mind blowing, because they have such a huge and crazy good library of games and they are essentially doing nothing with them. Some of those games they have would be evergreen titles with very long legs but they'd rather just Disney Vault some of their things and it's so strange.

This is why so many fans get frustrated at them. They shouldn’t be having this much trouble listening to fans, especially with just one console to focus on.

Kilau

What is the hold up?

Mario’s 35th:
Bowsers Fury+3D World
Mario 35 game
3 remasters in one game
Which really isn't much considering Mario is the main mascot so Zelda not getting much isn't a big surprise.

Kimahri

Banned
It’s very much like there’s nothing.

No thanks for SS ($60- same price as Mario 3D a world and the fantastic Bowser’s Fury). BotW2 is next year at the earliest. Hyrule Warriors as a Zelda game? You strike me as the type of person who picked up 4 GBAs to play 4 Swords and kept trying to convince your friends they were having a good time. If they released Tri-Force Heroes HD at $60, some people would be praising Nintendo as giving fans what they want.
And you strike me as somewhat of a judgemental prick. Adios.

It doesn't sound like it, but they could always do an announcement after Skyward Sword releases. 3D All-Stars was only revealed very shortly before its actual release.

radewagon

How about patching Age of Calamity so the framerate doesn't suck? Or have they done that already? I haven't been keeping track since the framerate sucks. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Nothing will be announced til Skyward Sword comes out. Nothing else will be announced until the Game & Watch releases. Once the G&W releases some numbers, THEN they'll announce something. Basic stuff. Much like the Switch Pro. Why announce it now when the normal Switch is STILL selling like crazy?

This is coming from somebody who desperately wants OOT/MM on the Switch. It's just not a realistic thing for the next 6 months, so keep expectations in check.

Even when an announcement comes out, it'll have to be enough time in between Jan 2022 and BOTW2's release so it doesn't distract from sales.

Synless

I had hoped for a remake for the seasons/oracle games after Link’s Awakening. Not in the cards I guess.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Nothing will be announced til Skyward Sword comes out. Nothing else will be announced until the Game & Watch releases. Once the G&W releases some numbers, THEN they'll announce something. Basic stuff. Much like the Switch Pro. Why announce it now when the normal Switch is STILL selling like crazy?

This is coming from somebody who desperately wants OOT/MM on the Switch. It's just not a realistic thing for the next 6 months, so keep expectations in check.

Even when an announcement comes out, it'll have to be enough time in between Jan 2022 and BOTW2's release so it doesn't distract from sales.

But them outright stating nothing else is planned to commemorate the anniversary is pretty telling. I’d been thinking what you are suggesting until I heard them say this.

Corgi1985

Banned

Yes I am disappointed.
This is an unfair comparison

At least other M is an interesting type of bad

Stallone

Neo Member
Maybe it was a bad translation. I hope so. But the wording did say nothing else planned to celebrate the anniversary for the switch. And after the switch pro, I’m putting much less stock in those rumors
Actually the post on reddit addressed that too, the translation was that there are no other Zelda games currently in development, and that would be because the HD ports are ready for release. But I agree with you, the switch pro mess shows that rumors should only be taken for what they are

Ocarina is my most played game of all time. Currently replaying on 3Ds with Majora. But those epic adventures were MADE to be enjoyed on a big tv in HD so comeon Nintendo.
Also wind waker HD is the only reason I have to still lug my Wii U around on vacations. Such a hassle.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Yes, seems like that but I'm used to not believe Nintendo till evidence proove it, I'm happy with Skyward Sword being released so I don't care personally, but would have loved my friends to play Wind Waker and Twilight Princess since some of them haven't

My ideal wishlist for this anniversary would be
- TP and SS 2-in-1 HD remasters for 50$ (instead of full priced SS)
- WW, PH and ST 3-in-1 HD remasters for 60$
- OoT and MM 2-in-1 HD remasters for 50$

Last edited:

BlackTron

LOL Nintendo can suck it.

Skyward Sword: Again for sixty bucks. And that's it.

I guess my N64 isn't going anywhere. I'll retire before it does.

Meesh

Well if they announced more Zelda, maybe they wouldn't sell as much Skyward Sword ports?
I think it's just BS, something is in the pipeline.

Top Bottom