• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No more Zelda games planned for 35th anniversary?

jaysius

Banned
What do you want? More overpriced ROMs stuffed on a hunk of plastic? Oh wait, that's exactly what we're getting. Nintendo now pisses away ages of good will it's built with it's customers for shitty cheap cash-ins, minimal effort maximum profit, that's Nintendo's operating procedure since mid 2000's.

I'm sure some day more people will realize just how shitty Nintendo's become, but there are tons of super thick rose tinted glasses on these loyal fans.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Its 35, why thw big deal? I get 25, celebrating decades, big numbers like 50 and so on, but 35? Are we gonna demand festivities and remakes every time a series has aged another 5 years?

Didnt even expect anything for 35 years xD

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Nope.

Just take the no effort NES games on the game & watch they're giving you and give them your money.

Ryu Kaiba

Sometimes I get an urge to play a title and would love to just hop on the shop and make the purchase but Nintendo literally makes them unavailable. It's senseless. They make Emulation the most viable option for playing their classic games when I would gladly pay for them.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I have a feeling some more Zelda games will be ported over to the Switch eventually, but Skyward Sword will be Nintendo's testing grounds. It makes sense financially that they would sell one at a time, but honestly thought that there was going to be a collectors edition of four Zelda games. Any one of these games can probably make their way to the Switch in the next year or two, it's difficult to guess which ones at this point in time though

-Four Swords
-Four Swords Adventure
-Oracle of Ages
-Oracle of Seasons
-The Wind Waker
-Twilight Princess
-Majora's Mask
-Ocarina of Time
-Phantom Hourglass
-Spirit Tracks
-A Link Between Worlds
-Tri Force Heroes
-The Minish Cap

Birdo

Banned
Zelda games available to play on Wii-U:

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II The Adventure of Link
Zelda Game & Watch
A Link To The Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Minish Cap
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Skyward Sword
Hyrule Warriors
Breath of The Wild

Wii-U is a zelda BEAST :messenger_bicep: Switch sucks.

It's pretty strange and lame to me. I mean, at this point, anniversary celebrations for games don't really feel like a whole lot. The communities always have fairly reasonable hopes, and it feels like they're never delivered. In response, something of much smaller scale and value is provided. Or something completely off the wall that the community wants nothing to do with. I'll never understand it.
Like a 5 dollar game and watch with the three oldest zeldas and a fourth mini game for $60.

Camreezie

I'm convinced a 3D collection exists and they're holding onto it for a rainy day in terms of releases. They wouldnt announce it when Skyward Sword is on the horizon or it would cannibalize sales

levyjl1988

Banned
Nintendo does what Nintendo does, even if it is stupid ass decisions, they know they can get away with it because it's Nintendo, they'll know that either we'll buy them or scalpers.

Top Bottom