• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest for the Wicked: Exclusive Boss Battle Gameplay (4K 60FPS) - IGN First

Check out this No Rest for the Wicked boss gameplay! This month’s IGN First is Ori developer Moon Studios' upcoming action RPG, No Rest for the Wicked.

Throughout the rest of February, we’ll have new No Rest for the Wicked gameplay, behind-the-scenes features, and interviews with the development team coming your way, all building up to the game’s Wicked Inside Showcase on March 1, 2024. First up, though, we have an IGN exclusive look at eight minutes of gameplay, including a tense No Rest for the Wicked boss battle against Warrick the Torn.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Omg GIF by WE tv

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Pretty interesting camera. Almost feels like a zoomed in Diablo. Not sure if I like that or not, but at least the game otherwise looks cool.

Bombolone

Gold Member
First I’m seeing/hearing of this.
Solid video. The atmosphere, animation, art… really bring me in.
I have a soft spot for this camera (diorama) view.
Like I stated in another thread. I don’t need or really want cutting edge graphics. Just games that have imagination.
I am looking forward to seeing more.

Kurotri

This turned me off. Don't misunderstand, it looks cool for what it wants to be, but I guess I'm not the target audience. Top down Soulslike and that Zelda stamina circle, yeesh.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks great IMO.
Love the art style and animations, the combat seems to have a certain "heavyness" but in a good way and what little they showed of the level design looked decent.

Can't wait, although I think they said this year is only early access, right?

Hugare

Looks delicious

Heavy combat looks so satisfying. Also the sound design.

Dont know if its going to turn out amazing, but I'm sure it will be at least great

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Getting Dungeon Siege vibes from the video...or Dungeon Souls might be a more apt description.

I liked the previous video (thought it was an ARPG) just fine but this video gives me the impression that all the monster fights are drawn out, dodge heavy affairs.

Cautiously optimistic for now.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Top-down soulslike is actually way more interesting to me. Maybe because it's giving me Grim Dawn vibes, at least aesthetically.

Robb

Gold Member
Meh, not my kind of game. I wish they would’ve just made another platformer.

Visuals look nice though, very reminiscent of the Ori games.

DavidGzz

Yep, another candidate for my GoTY. This looks right up my alley. Love Diablo and Souls. Great mashup along with PoE2 which also looks more Souls-like. Ty Miyazaki for your influence on the industry.

near

Gold Member
This is looking real good. I like how the XP gain after beating the boss is discreet but can still be seen in the top left-hand corner of the screen. I really hope they make an effort with the level design, and incorporate difficult to find, hidden areas, I think the isometric design helps encourage exploration. Like you'd be able to see an accessible area, but how do you get in there? There hasn't been a soulslike that has had my attention quite like this.

Hohenheim

My most anticipated game. Looks amazing. I watched a few seconds of this, and will stay away from any footage from now and until release. This is day 1, and I don't want to see/know anything more before diving in.

Top Bottom