• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Korea fires missile towards Japanese Waters

What better things can you do in life? Building and firing missiles sounds pretty fun.
What the fuck is this asshole talking about? Is this like some ringside commentating? Did he really just throw nothings out into the twitterverse with superficial shit like "put a heavy move" on them? Christ. I just can't fathom the mental gymnastics anyone has to go through to support this asshle.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Don't worry both sides are the same.

SrDucn1.jpg

zCnGzHH.jpg

Iolo

How is it "a sign of force against the United States"?
The missile was fired at Japan.

Early estimates indicate a range of 6700km which is sufficient to hit Alaska.

Unless you think a future 10,000km shot from North Korea into the middle of the ocean is just intended to threaten a few whales rather than all of CONUS.

Which I believe is the plot of Star Trek IV

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Low key trying to start shit between NK and China but will probably just end up as China humiliating Trump when they have enough of it.

FairyD

Tuesday's missile travelled about 930km (578 miles) and flew for about 40 minutes

That is quite a distance. Does anyone know if their other missiles have flown just as far or a greater distance?

Stinkles

Apogee is important here. Their previous test went 787 km, but reached a height of 2100km, meaning an actual range of 4,500 km. This missile may be capable of traveling 5500+ km (which is officially ICBM range).

Continents are a liberal invention. Gyna's rust pact with Mexico is the greater threat.

RoKKeR

Probably the biggest threat facing this administration, and he is popping off like an internet troll on Twitter. Nothing new there I guess, but still... intensely worrying.

I do wonder what their end game with all of this is. Do they just want a seat at the big boy table? At this rate they're probably going to get exactly what they want, lest the up and launch a strike on SK/Japan/US, which would be catastrophic for them ultimately.

The epitome of a quagmire.

Trump's presidency is everything any dictator, past or present, could ever hope for. This is one of the things he ran his campaign on: being a non-interventionist.

The other thing that pisses me off that I'm sure everyone else here has noticed: he is the definition of a grade-school bully
pussy/chump/coward
. He'll shit talk/pressure the people he knows depend on/cannot touch him (Republicans, Dems, media, foreign allies, etc) but he knows where he can't cross the line. He would never criticize KJU, Putin, Jinping (He 180'd on that 'currency manipulator' shit real quick once he took office) or even Duterte. He buddies up with War Mongers and criminals because he is scared of them, and to reassert his man-hood, he attacks women and handicap people. He is "tough" on everyone except the people that really matter.

I just don't understand how his followers/voters don't realize this. Your President only "hits back 10x harder" when its people barely able to defend themselves. World leaders are shaken, dictators are emboldened, and everyone else in between is laughing at us. Its pretty fucking scary.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Chatter from Weapons/Arms & foreign policy wonks I follow on Twitter (read: folks with PhDs) are seemingly all pointing to this being an ICBM

Stinkles

Trump's presidency is everything any dictator, past or present, could ever hope for. This is one of the things he ran his campaign on: being a non-interventionist.

The other thing that pisses me off that I'm sure everyone else here has noticed: he is the definition of a grade-school bully
pussy/chump/coward
. He'll shit talk/pressure the people he knows depend on/cannot touch him (Republicans, Dems, media, foreign allies, etc) but he knows where he can't cross the line. He would never criticize KJU, Putin, Jinping (He 180'd on that 'currency manipulator' shit real quick once he took office) or even Duterte. He buddies up with War Mongers and criminals because he is scared of them, and to reassert his man-hood, he attacks women and handicap people. He is "tough" on everyone except the people that really matter.

I just don't understand how his followers/voters don't realize this. Your President only "hits back 10x harder" when its people barely able to defend themselves. World leaders are shaken, dictators are emboldened, and everyone else in between is laughing at us. Its pretty fucking scary.

Danger of him forgetting who protects him is terrifying.

Xando

So NK will make a announcement one hour from now.

All points to ICBM capable of hitting atleast Alaska.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
If the overnight announcement in fact IS that its an ICBM, buckle up for the tweets in the AM.

Grab her by the Pyongyang.

Eylos

Banned
Man what a world we Live, where the leader of the biggest army and economy in the world, reply on delicate subjects on Twitter

This always surprise me

Man what a world we Live, where the leader of the biggest army and economy in the world, reply on delicate subjects on Twitter

This always surprise me

Not only that, he does so in a way that implicitly cedes diplomatic and military control of the situation to a country he, personally, has identified as America's worst enemy, and that even reasonable people view as having incompatible territorial goals in the region.

Polari

The ship has long sailed on all of this anyway. For everyone acting like Trump is the problem, what is your suggested course of action? Obama knew he was basically snookered by the Kims, and thankfully Donald seems to realise this as well rather than starting the biggest conflict since World War II.

The only option at this point is to use soft levers to try and instigate regime change (or at least greater openness) and hope the nukes stay safe amongst it all. Sanctions and threats don't work.

DrSlek

The ship has long sailed on all of this anyway. For everyone acting like Trump is the problem, what is your suggested course of action? Obama knew he was basically snookered by the Kims, and thankfully Donald seems to realise this as well rather than starting the biggest conflict since World War II.

The only option at this point is to use soft levers to try and instigate regime change (or at least greater openness) and hope the nukes stay safe amongst it all. Sanctions and threats don't work.

I don't think he's the problem, but it's his problem to deal with.

Perhaps people just don't trust Trump to be able to deal with this kind of crisis as well as previous presidents....which is perfectly reasonable.

Polari

I don't think he's the problem, but it's his problem to deal with.

Perhaps people just don't trust Trump to be able to deal with this kind of crisis as well as previous presidents....which is perfectly reasonable.

True, I'm wondering what people are proposing he does though. Obama didn't make much headway.

DrSlek

True, I'm wondering what people are proposing he does though. Obama didn't make much headway.

There's not much anybody can do that doesn't result in an enormous fuckfest that makes the last 16 years look like Disneyland.

There's a saying in the diplomatic community: North Korea is the land of lousy options.

DarkKyo

Trump says and does the same shit every time NK does anything. Then there's all this bravado in between launches where it sounds like the tone is more serious this time and something will actually be done. Then when NK does anything again he just fucking tweets as if that proves or does anything. Fat baby coward.

So this is what living in the Cold War felt like, huh

Not even a little bit.

Top Bottom