• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nostradamus of Gaf a Question for a upcoming game - Shin Megami Tensei V

What year do you guys think SMT5 will be released?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
RfR0XFl.png

This game must be going through some serious development hell. I’m surprised they are managing to keep a tight lid on it.

SMT V is a strange case since the dev team doesn’t need to make cutting-edge AAA graphics like in FFVIIR. And since it’ll take place mainly in Tokyo and some supernatural locations as per the tradition, they don’t need to make a vast, sprawling world. So what the hell is taking them so long?

Imagine SMT V reusing the demon models from Persona 5 and featuring a limited roster of demons like Pokemon Sword/Shield.

My prediction is we get a trailer some time before mid-2021 and the game releases either at the end of 2021 or 2022.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm willing to bet the team working on it can be counted with one's fingers.

SMT has become niche as fuck and I don't think they have confidence to invest on it.

I'm willing to bet the team working on it can be counted with one's fingers.

SMT has become niche as fuck and I don't think they have confidence to invest on it.
The number of people involved should be at least the same as those who worked on SMT IV. So the credits of that game should give a fair indication of the team size (not counting hired contractors).

I bet the SMT team is going through hell with this game because they haven’t worked on a current-gen console game since the PS2 era. The SMT games went straight from PS2 (Nocturne) to DS (Strange Journey, Devil Survivor) and 3DS (IV/IV Apocalypse). Looks like they lack experience with making HD assets.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The number of people involved should be at least the same as those who worked on SMT IV. So the credits of that game should give a fair indication of the team size (not counting hired contractors).

I bet the SMT team is going through hell with this game because they haven’t worked on a current-gen console game since the PS2 era. The SMT games went straight from PS2 (Nocturne) to DS (Strange Journey, Devil Survivor) and 3DS (IV/IV Apocalypse). Looks like they lack experience with making HD assets.
The phone game exists.

Isa

I think/hope that it will come out in 2021, but I'd LOVE for a sneaky surprise announcement and release late in the year like Xenoblade Chronicles 2. *sigh* But I digress...

Top Bottom