• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not Guy Richie's Not The Covenant

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
KANDAHAR, starring Gerard Butler and directed by Rick Roman Waugh (Shot Caller, Angel Has Fallen, Greenland).

Identical plot to The Covenant. Looks like this one didn't make it very far in the box office, with only $6.7 million worldwide with poor RT reviews (47%) and imdb scores (6.0/10). I'm morbidly curious about how this one compares to The Covenant, in an Armageddon vs Deep Impact sort of way. The presumably AI-generated fake youtube comments under the trailer sure are something though:

Np0Aey2.png

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Greenland and angel has fallen are bad movies. So I am sure this is guilty by association.
Shot Caller wasn't bad, which got him the bigger projects, but yes.

All the trailer videos on youtube are full of comments about how they've seen all of amazing virtuoso Hollywood action star Gerard Butler's movies and loved this one too, though, so it must be true.

I actually didn’t mind Greenland. As a family drama with the big flashy ‘event’ being more in the background at times

And I really do enjoy the 1st ‘has fallen movie’. More as a guilty pleasure and modern day die hard style movie

Not sure about this, or his last few movies, but I did watch the one set in orbit about the weather satellites. Very much not a great movie. But it did look good in places 👍😎

Might catch this on streaming one night. But Gerrard butler movies are just so common these days, like Liam neeson movies. You blink and he has like 3 new movies all hitting about the same time

But Ai comments for something. That’s just this years version or the ‘unheard of movie critic quote’. That pop up on some movies to try to stir up excitement over a bad movie or get you to see something terrible, because someone you never heard of said ‘good things about it’ 🙈😂

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's funny that you made this thread, I was telling my wife that this movie was like the Covenant. There's a little bit of the missing Nuance that Covenant had and I find this the lesser movie especially after just seeing Covenant a week or two before. It's not bad but it's far from great and there was a lot more meat on the bone for me with the Covenant. It is interesting how to similar movies come out in such a short span of time. And these types of movies tend to start to feel the same when covering the same subject matter in the same regions.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I liked Greenland :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:
Guy Ritchie's The Covenant was pretty great, and I do like those Armageddon/Deep Impact situations. Maybe I should see this too :lollipop_winking:

My god those comments actually do look like AI. Reminds me of these, from when I was looking for... well, it's clear from the comments:
zExzofX.png

Top Bottom