• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Not one, but two"-Bluepoint Games.

JonkyDonk

I think doing a 4k/60 patch for BB probably needs more work than most people realise. And if Bluepoint are on the job anyway, they might as well slap on a few more bells and whistles to the visuals, maybe add HDR, optimised loading, Dualsense support, etc.

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Holy shit.

Lance is not some clickbait bullshit artist. If he’s saying something like this, it’s probably true.

Bloodborne remake locked behind that secret door in Demon’s Souls 😂🤪
I think a lot of people joke about that, but I will go on record and say that the item behind that door will be a Bloodborne weapon or item of some sort.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Not one but two

5txyjRL.jpg

Last edited:
I know the odds of it are incredibly slim, but what if its a Bloodborne remake/remaster with a more fleshed out Chalice Dungeon. We know the original plans for them were way more ambitious, and they scaled them back due to time constraints. What if Bluepoint spent time at From learning what the original plans were and how to reintegrate cut content into them.

Like I said, I know it's a pipedream, but I could see that selling for $70.

Honestly, I think it is a Bloodborne remake. Would make the most sense. They just got done with a Soulsborne game that was exclusive to Sony. Why not remake the other one? Sure, the OG isn't that bad looking, but if they can make it look like, or maybe even better than, the DeS Remake, I say bring it on. Just imagining the Victorian Gothic setting, but with incredibly more detailed environments and characters gets me pumped.

Nickolaidas

The only thing that made Resistance meh to me were the robotic animations and the lack of impact they had overall. The bestiary was solid and was the closest thing to Halo a PS fan could get back then.

Bluepoint remaking them with their attention to detail and amazing animations would be godlike.

rofif

Banned
What's with people obsession over fucking syphon filter? These were 90s quirky games and would not translate good to a modern game without totally full reimagining as a new game.

My bet is on some remaster and not remake

Shifty1897

I did this in a different thread, but since it lead to one of the games being remade, we can safely assume there's a second in here:

So calm this spooky night. A symphony (Symphony of the Night) of rumors - not one, but two - return from shadow (Shadow of the Colossus). A resistance (Resistance) to dart home as black monsters (both of these refer to Legend of Dragoon) escape twisted (Twisted Metal) hills (Silent Hill) to wander (Shadow of the Colossus) lands and syphon (Syphon Filter) souls (Demon's Souls). Filter (More Syphon Filter) your candy collections, soft from solid (Metal Gear Solid), and be eco-friendly (Ico). Have a metal (Metal Gear or Twisted Metal) Halloween.

Did I miss any? Out of these games, minus Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls, which one do you think will we see next? The most disappointing part of this tweet is that "Blood" or "Borne" could have been thrown in here in lots of places but wasn't.

I'm going to argue Konami games are off the table, and I think First Person games are too out of their wheelhouse, and Legend of Dragoon suffers from The FFVIIR remake issue, where remaking the whole game to scale would be too much for one game, so that leaves Syphon Filter or Ico. My bet's on Syphon Filter.

Cato

Banned
I hope it is just a red-herring to throw you in the wrong direction.
And then, wham bam we will have 4k, 60fps XenoGEARS. Gears in full RT glory.
And the internet just explodes.

Last edited:

Orpheum

Come on, do a Bloodborne remaster. Next let Sony announce Bloodborne 2 and Fromsoft release Elden Ring And i'd be happy for this generation

-Arcadia-

Banned
When you bring a 92 game, people want more.

All I know is that we had years of wondering what the next Bluepoint game would be after Shadow of the Colossus, with like monthly, sometimes weekly teases from them, with zero substance, to the point where everyone got annoyed.

They finally announce it, and so late, we only get a couple of months break before going back to the next few years of the same thing. :messenger_unamused:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
All I know is that we had years of wondering what the next Bluepoint game would be after Shadow of the Colossus, with like monthly, sometimes weekly teases from them, with zero substance, to the point where everyone got annoyed.

They finally announce it, and so late, we only get a couple of months break before going back to the next few years of the same thing. :messenger_unamused:

This time around them might get the funds and manpower from Sony if they get acquired.:messenger_sunglasses: That should accelerate and elevate things.

SkylineRKR

Syphon Filter doesn't make sense. Resistance doesn't make sense either. They were fun but really, there is not much of a crowd for them anymore.

Bloodborne would make sense. It could be BB, but then I don't expect anything more than a 4k/60 upgrade without frame pacing. Which would still be perfect anyway. With some added lighting or RT it could rival Demon's Souls.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Syphon Filter doesn't make sense. Resistance doesn't make sense either. They were fun but really, there is not much of a crowd for them anymore.

Bloodborne would make sense. It could be BB, but then I don't expect anything more than a 4k/60 upgrade without frame pacing. Which would still be perfect anyway. With some added lighting or RT it could rival Demon's Souls.

You know what doesnt make sense?

Remaking a game that just barely 5 years old like Bloodborne

Last edited:
Top Bottom