• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Note to James Bond: You Have Been Replaced...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
... by Jason Bourne.

Just stepped out of The Bourne Supremacy, which was good save for the handicam action done by someone suffering from constant seizures (it also had Eomer in it, so with the shaky cam I almost thought I was watching LOTR! *OH SNAP!*), and this flick does all the things right that 007 does wrong.

I'd really like to see a more grounded Bond film that's a lot more interesting and thrilling like the Bourne series. Really. Get with the new millennia, Bond -- you're outdated. And I'm not talking about a makeover than includes AN EXTREME SURFBOARD ON ICEBERG sequence either.

They should just keep making Bourne movies and stop making Bond flicks, so after awhile, we'll just think the Bourne movies are Bond flicks!

Justin Bailey

------ ------
I said the exact same thing when I walked out of the theater last night. They really need to make the story in Bond more serious next time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I gotta see this movie sometime this week. Loved the first one, actually watched it twice in the theaters

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
But if Bourne, XXX and Bond had a fight, who'd win?

xxx11.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Bourne would stab him right in the throat while his busy pulling a bizarree ridiculous "catch phrase"

"WELCOME TO THE XANDER XO....urk"

Willco

Hollywood Square
Bourne could easily kill them both. Bond is old and busted. xXx is new and dumb. Bourne is fresh and smart.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Bond is old and washed up.

Can this man really win in a fight?

seanc.jpg

Kalren

ScientificNinja said:
Pfft. Matt Damon has zero charisma.

I think for me, that's part of Bourne's charm. In the first film, he's described as average and as such blends into a crowd. It's a movie more grounded in reality then XXX and Bond.

Willco said:
... by Jason Bourne.

Just stepped out of The Bourne Supremacy, which was good save for the handicam action done by someone suffering from constant seizures (it also had Eomer in it, so with the shaky cam I almost thought I was watching LOTR! *OH SNAP!*), and this flick does all the things right that 007 does wrong.

I'd really like to see a more grounded Bond film that's a lot more interesting and thrilling like the Bourne series. Really. Get with the new millennia, Bond -- you're outdated. And I'm not talking about a makeover than includes AN EXTREME SURFBOARD ON ICEBERG sequence either.

They should just keep making Bourne movies and stop making Bond flicks, so after awhile, we'll just think the Bourne movies are Bond flicks!

Up until the Brosnan Bonds that's what James Bond WAS like. I haven't seen the Bourne Supremacy but I agree.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bourne is far more grounded in reality than Bond ever was. It's not even debatable.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Yup, the Connery Bond movies were far, far better than the ridiculous stunt-fest turds that the Bronsan Bond movies are.

Optimistic said:
Up until the Brosnan Bonds that's what James Bond WAS like. I haven't seen the Bourne Supremacy but I agree.

Haven't you ever seen Moore's bond. It was the most over the top bond ever, which is why I hate that version of Bond with a fiery passion.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
demon said:
Yup, the Connery Bond movies were far, far better than the ridiculous stunt-fest turds that the Bronsan Bond movies are.
Brosnan has the misfortune of every Bond film starring him being less in quality than the last. Goldeneye was pretty good (IMO), but then Tomorrow Never Dies was meh, The World Is Not Enough was bad, and Die Another Day was awful.

Meier

Die Another Day is painfully bad.. the thought that Halle Berry's performance in Catwoman or even the movie itself could be worse than DAD is so sad. Oh man she was just awful in it. Bourne rules though for sure!

Not to mention, the man who should be Bond was of course in the first Bourne -- Clive Owen!

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Yeah, I feel kind of bad for Brosnan. I think he has been one of the best Bonds, but the movies have all been horrible with the exception of Goldeneye.

Get to the point... Was this movie any better than the first one? 'Cause I thought Bourne Identity was a total piece of crap. Best moment was when he shot the bad dude out the window and he did that little seizure thing. Great stuff.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Screaming_Gremlin said:
Yeah, I feel kind of bad for Brosnan. I think he has been one of the best Bonds, but the movies have all been horrible with the exception of Goldeneye.
I pretty much agree. I think Brosnan is great as Bond, possibly even better than Connery in my opinion, but he gets stuck with terrible scripts and a some terrible actresses (Halle Berry, Denise Richards). GoldenEye was great though, and Tomorrow Never Dies was alright, but the last two have been pretty terrible by all standards.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Error Macro said:
Get to the point... Was this movie any better than the first one? 'Cause I thought Bourne Identity was a total piece of crap.

If you hated the Identity that much I doubt you would like Supremacy.

Jill Sandwich said:
Lets add Jean Reno/Leon into the mix
screen_leon3.jpg

ok, you win. Jean Reno is the ultimate badass. he makes Godzilla watchable!

Meier said:
Not to mention, the man who should be Bond was of course in the first Bourne -- Clive Owen!

did you see the short films on BMW's website that have him in them? Man, those things are awesome!

Phoenix

Willco said:
... by Jason Bourne.

OIC, so stop making the movies Bond movies and coopt the name and make it something altogether different. You must have worked with Nintendo on that Starfox Adventures game :)

Bond Movies have always been really cheesy and over the top. I only enjoyed Goldeneye i think and that was mostly because the game rocked.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Hmm, I always thought Goldeneye and The World Is Not Enough were kinda below average fair. Goldeneye got better as it went along, but it easily has the worst musical score of any bond film. I really enjoyed Die Another Day and especially liked Tomorrow Never Dies. I can't wait to see Bourne Supremecy though...

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Willco said:
... by Jason Bourne.

But.. but... SCOTTY DIDN'T KNOW!

Thats all I have to say about that.

nitewulf

the bourne books are certainly awesome. bourne identity/supremacy has nothing to do with the original ludlum books though...if they were based on the books themselves, they'd be far more badass.

bourne is a 30+, average looking guy, but he's also a soldier. matt damon, on the other hand, is a dick.

the series features a cunning supervillain assassin who's shrouded in mystery and casts a wide net of control and deception and fear.
the movies totally did away with him.

i liked the first movie, but it could have been a lot better if they had just followed the excellent books.

i agree recent bond films have become ridiculous.

Flynn

Kalren said:
I think for me, that's part of Bourne's charm. In the first film, he's described as average and as such blends into a crowd. It's a movie more grounded in reality then XXX and Bond.

Right. Killers don't need charisma. They need ice-cold blood in their veins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom