• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now Bluepoint are intimately familiar with Demon's Souls, would you give them a shot at a sequel?

I'd love to see what they could do on an original i.p. Between Shadow of the Colossus and Demon Souls, they've shown they have a really strong art team, and I bet they could make something special.

Barakov

Gold Member
Nope. As far as doing remakes and remasters they're god tier. I think if there was a sequel From would have to be involved. The reason people loved Demon's Souls is because the gameplay,lore, art etc. And all that was done by From. And when Bluepoint was left to their own devices they made some very questionable decisions. If there is a Demon's Souls 2 it has to be developed by From I think. Still I'd like to see what Bluepoint does with an original IP. It'd be great if we got a sequel developed by From with Bluepoint's technical mastery.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I would rather they make something original that they actually want to make, even if that ends up being a Souls-like game.

vpance

Nope. As far as doing remakes and remasters they're god tier. I think if there was a sequel From would have to be involved. The reason people loved Demon's Souls is because the gameplay,lore, art etc. And all that was done by From. And when Bluepoint was left to their own devices they made some very questionable decisions. If there is a Demon's Souls 2 it has to be developed by From I think. Still I'd like to see what Bluepoint does with an original IP. It'd be great if we got a sequel developed by From with Bluepoint's technical mastery.

I don’t think they will do platform exclusives anymore, not after the buyout. Even if so a DS2 deserves more than a From B-team effort.

DS Remake is definitely a hit. Would be a shame if there’s no sequel to it made this gen.

Cato

Banned
No. Not a full game.

They are programmers, they optimize tweak and refine.
They are not graphics designers or writers.
Let them do what they do best and not try to make them do something they are not structured to do.

But team up with some writers and designers from Sony Japan or FROM and finish the 6th arch stone ...

Last edited:
I would love to see them make their own game, rather than building off of the work of another team in remakes or sequels. Would be neat to see what they can do when permitted to realize their own designs and ambitions.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
‘These painters did a great job making my house look new. Maybe I should give them a shot at building a new one.’

Interesting thought, but that’s how I feel about it.

Top Bottom