• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2009

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
MARIO & LUIGI: BOWSER'S INSIDE STORY NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Sep-09 656.7K

Peoples know quality? Get the fuck outta here :D

gg Nintendo, start getting AlphaDream into the big time

Cruzader

Banned
Shizzlee said:
Damn, Nintendo vs. Everyone else can only equate to:
xgfsix.gif
:lol

Damn! Ninty rocks :)

Also is Sony gonna meet their 33M WW thing or something?

markot

Banned
How much has Mario Kart sold so far?

Seems to always be selling all over the place...

And damn. Love seeing Bowsers inside story up there ^_^

Road

Some estimated numbers for 2009 software:

[360] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 5,830,000
[WII] Wii Sports Resort - 4,529,300
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 4,210,000
[WII] Wii Fit Plus - 3,530,000
[WII] Mario Kart Wii - 3,136,100
[WII] Wii Play with Remote - 3,110,000
[PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 2,990,000

markatisu

So whats Bloomberg going to say now :lol

Jesus christ that is an incredible number, super lolz at 3rd parties now since its obvious that the platform does not need their waffling support I guess

Johann

1-D_FTW said:
That's a legendary ass kicking. Wow.

:lol At the dumbass who posted that gif. Really?

He may have hotlinked it and got that as punishment. Then again, he posted it a bijillion times.

But hey, all is fair in love and GAF.

GDGF

Soothsayer
HAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!

Good on Nintendo. This is going to be the highest NPD number for freaking years to come.

ReiGun

So this is what the 500's were all about.

I can only imagine what kind of crazy party is going on at Nintendo HQ. Holy shit at those numbers.

Opiate

sillymonkey321 said:
Wii = only first party software

360/ps3 = only third party software

Together the industry is healthy?

Yeah, totally healthy. I want you to imagine a cake that oh, say, about 30 or so people want to eat from.

Now imagine one person gets half of it, and the other half is split between the other 29 people.

That's basically the situation you're describing as "healthy."

Great numbers all around. Looks like Reggie got his vindication for NSMB sales versus MW2.
The 360 and PS3 are neck and neck but it seems that the pent up demand for the PS3 helped carry it a little bit higher. I think this is the residual effect of the PS3 price drop. The Wii just completely decimates and does more than both consoles combined, shutting up all the people that were down on it this entire year.

Barrett2

Im' surprised 360 sold so well considering the shitty software lineup.

PSP is just bizarre. It continues to sell hardware, but no games. WTF? :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mario Kart Wii now over 2.5 million above Mario Kart DS, which in and of itself is significantly above all other installments of Mario Kart. Mario Kart Wii ties San Andreas PS2. Mario Kart Wii is now behind only Wii Play and (Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus) in the all-time game rankings.

Is there any way to even explain the Wii's sales? I mean, does Nintendo even know why it's such a beast?! How is it possible! 3rd parties must be banging their head trying to tap into that, they must be! No matter how much they claim to be done with the Wii, how can they see these sales and not want some of that?!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
There's gotta be at least a handful of crow served because of these numbers. Someone go do some digging.

mclem

DevelopmentArrested said:
Can't believe people actually doubted that NSMB LTD won't beat MW2 on 360. FFS, look at fucking Mario Kart Wii this month

Long-term, I'm now sure of it. In terms of the deadline given, I think MW2 - 360 will take it; there's still a lead of about 1.8M to make up. Another Christmas in January would get NSMB there, but that's about it.

Mind you, it seemed to be the interviewer trying to make it about the 360, while Reggie was pushing for "one single platform". I think it's going to be awfully close, but MW2 should edge it.

Edit: I'd love it if Bowsers Inside Story was a breakthrough game for the "expanded audience" to start to break into RPGs. It's certainly a good entry level one.

Yes Boss!

What a great NPD. Should be a fun read for tonight.

Good lord at the Mario and Luigi game. Never expected NA to latch onto it so much.

Owzers

Opiate said:
Yeah, totally healthy. I want you to imagine a cake that oh, say, about 30 or so people want to eat from.

Now imagine one person gets half of it, and the other half is split between the other 29 people.

Cake isn't healthy though so Nintendo is going to die from diabetes?

jett

D-Member
Loudninja said:
Umm it sold over a million in NA.

How exactly do you know this? It sold 550k in October, and seemingly less than 100k in November. Doesn't seem likely. The average PS3 owner is a stupid cocksmoker.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Opiate said:

Eating half a cake doesn't seem very healthy.*

*Yes, I'm being purposely obtuse

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Averon said:
U2 was at 650k after November's NPD. With the news that U2 passed a million, it must have sold about 350k in December.

Not saying it hasn't sold a million, but that announcement was made on November 12th, before November NPD, and referred to copies shipped to retailers. Please don't repeat press release "million sold" claims unless you are certain they were referring to sales to consumers.

DrForester said:

Right Click -> Save As

Also, like someone else in this topic said, third parties could have easily gotten a big share of these insane Wii sales if they had even bothered to try.
Oh well.
Just goes to show what the difference between a successful business and everyone else is.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Zoramon089 said:
3rd parties must be banging their head trying to tap into that, they must be! No matter how much they claim to be done with the Wii, how can they see these sales and not want some of that?!

It is what it is

When (possibly) the best selling 3rd party game for December is a 2 year old port, that's all you need to know about effort.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
jett said:
How exactly do you know this? It sold 550k in October, and seemingly less than 100k in November. Doesn't seem likely. The average PS3 owner is a stupid cocksmoker.

<sigh>

Here we go....

Top Bottom