• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2016

LordRaptor

Killer Instinct probably sold more of Season 3 in the last 15 days than SFV did as a brand new game in all of March.

We're never going to get actual numbers to call you out on this statement, but assuming KI has a 5% conversion rate - which is really good in the sphere of F2P gaming - then a userbase of 6 million accounts only equates to about 300k actual sales.
Worldwide.

SFV has indeed tanked, but don't expect KI equivalence sales to be blowing it out the water.

Javin98

Banned
XB1 Q1 2016: 622k

360 Q1 2008: 747k

Trailing 17%.

Also you guys will notice a lack of me posting because fuck that avatar.

Ryng I need a 100x120 version.
Come on, man, you gotta embrace it and show everyone with dignity that you lost a bet. It's not like you're Major Nelson and your ego is hurting so bad right now. :p

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
XB1 Q1 2016: 622k

360 Q1 2008: 747k

Trailing 17%.

Also you guys will notice a lack of me posting because fuck that avatar.

Ryng I need a 100x120 version.

Xbox One keeping up pace with 360 in NA which is great.

I've said it in past NPD threads but MS would be so much better off if they didn't have all these stupid, confusing bundles.

You walk into a Wal Mart you see the PS4 COD bundle for $350. When you go to the Xbox section you see at least four different bundles with differences in price points from $300 to $500.

MS needs to simplify their bundles because I really think they're confusing consumers.

Bundle #1: 500 GB Xbox One bundled with Gears of War: UE or Quantum Break for $300.

Bundle #2: 1 TB Xbox One bundled with Halo 5 for $350.

Just this month we've gotten a sweet looking White 500 GB Quantum Break bundle along with The Division bundle. That's on top of the ten different bundles MS has had since last August.

All these bundles are confusing casual consumers IMO whereas Sony has it simplified.

Shin-Ra

So far 2016 continue to be the worst XB1 year ever... Even with The Division which sold over 800,000 at retail and that temporaney pricedrop, is just barely up YOY this month. And is also way down compared to March 2014, but that's expect since this was the Titanfall month ( which sold 1,080,000 at retail).

CgF75apW8AArczJ.jpg:large
How many weeks/days for the temporary Xbone price raise?

Maybe this time MS won't even bother to put it back up.

ethomaz

Banned

I've said it in past NPD threads but MS would be so much better off if they didn't have all these stupid, confusing bundles.

You walk into a Wal Mart you see the PS4 COD bundle for $350. When you go to the Xbox section you see at least four different bundles with differences in price points from $300 to $500.

MS needs to simplify their bundles because I really think they're confusing consumers.

Bundle #1: 500 GB Xbox One bundled with Gears of War: UE or Quantum Break for $300.

Just this month we've gotten a sweet looking White 500 GB Quantum Break bundle along with The Division bundle. That's on top of the ten different bundles MS has had since last August.

All these bundles are confusing casual consumers IMO whereas Sony has it simplified.
They didn't sell out the bundles... that is why there are a lot in the market.

You can find AC bundle or even launch bundles in some places.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They didn't sell out the bundles... that is why there are a lot in the market.

No, the Xbox One sold plenty well last fall despite the fact they were throwing a new bundle every week last fall and are still adding bundles like they just did with 500 GB White XBO Quantum Break bundle.

It didn't sell as well as the PS4 last fall but both consoles did well I just don't understand what the hell MS has been doing with all these unnecessary and confusing bundles.

One week it was a Gears of War: UE bundle, the next it was a stupid Kinect bundle, then a Fallout 4 bundle all with far varying price points from $300 to $500 which will confuse the shit out of a casual consumer.

No, the Xbox One sold plenty well last fall despite the fact they were throwing a new bundle every week last fall and are still adding bundles like they just did with 500 GB White XBO Quantum Break bundle.

Not Selling Out =/= Not Selling Well

If there are still old bundles on shelves, they did not sell out. Whether or not something does or doesn't sell out is not necessarily related to that particular thing is selling well or not.

joecanada

the post you quoted literally stated it was trailing by 17%??

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Not Selling Out =/= Not Selling Well

If there are still old bundles on shelves, they did not sell out. Whether or not something does or doesn't sell out has no bearing on if that particular thing is selling well or not.

Right, which is the point I guess I'm trying to make.

Last fall the average parent went to a Wal Mart and saw numerous bundles for Xbox One's on shelves from the $299 Gears bundle to the $500 1 TB Elite bundle. Most of those parents went with the Gears bundle or they looked in the PS4 section saw just one or two bundles for around the same price point and picked up the PS4 instead.

When/if MS announces an Xbox One revision at E3 they need to have 3 bundles maximum.

Sony's simplicity with their bundles and the games they've bundled, namely Star Wars and COD, is IMO one of the main reasons they have a slim lead in North America.

the post you quoted literally stated it was trailing by 17%??

That's just comparing Q1 in each consoles respective lifecycle. Overall though, correct me if I'm wrong, but the XBO is actually outselling the 360 or at least on par.

mejin

So far 2016 continue to be the worst XB1 year ever... Even with The Division which sold over 800,000 at retail and that temporaney pricedrop, is just barely up YOY this month. And is also way down compared to March 2014, but that's expect since this was the Titanfall month ( which sold 1,080,000 at retail).

CgF75apW8AArczJ.jpg:large

tolu, my friend. what about ps4? o.o

joecanada

Right, which is the point I guess I'm trying to make.

Last fall the average parent went to a Wal Mart and saw numerous bundles for Xbox One's on shelves from the $299 Gears bundle to the $500 1 TB Elite bundle. Most of those parents went with the Gears bundle or they looked in the PS4 section saw just one or two bundles for around the same price point and picked up the PS4 instead.

When/if MS announces an Xbox One revision at E3 they need to have 3 bundles maximum.

Sony's simplicity with their bundles and the games they've bundled, namely Star Wars and COD, is IMO one of the main reasons they have a slim lead in North America.

That's just comparing Q1 in each consoles respective lifecycle. Overall though, correct me if I'm wrong, but the XBO is actually outselling the 360 or at least on par.

yes that may be true, but many people predicted that xb1 would eventually fall behind the 360 and if you look at the graphs, it appears this is the case. It's just not trending in the right direction. but even if they give up say 20% to Sony, I suppose they could still sell 50-60 million total or so in what looks like a bit shorter cycle...

nothing like the wiiU graph though I've never seen anything so flat, wow.

jett

D-Member
PS3 is still $250, only $100 less than PS4 and lots of retailers don't stock them anymore. I only see refurbished at Best Buy. No one's going to buy one new at that price! PS3 would have strong legs if it dropped to $129 like PS2 or even $149 but that'll never happen.

The PS3's price is probably preventing further PS4 pricedrops too. Gonna be three years into this generation and the thing has only dropped $50.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I hope we'll get Nintendo Select numbers somehow, even just hints.

RE_Player

Street Fighter V is such a failure. Sad since the core fighting is sold but everything else is terrible. I don't care what diehard fans say this was a misstep in a huge way.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
They're not listed as separate products. They just roll up with the previous (guessing because it's the same UPC?) so it isn't easy to parse out

Notable yes. High % increase.

Mmmh, thanks.
At this point, the only correct way to gauge how much Selects actually sold, we should compar LTDs in March 2016 vs LTDs in February 2016 for those titles. With minor corrections due to normal SKUs still selling (even if not that much) for a good part of the month. But it's a way-too-detailed request, I know

I'm both surprised and pleased to see Pokken be charted. I know that it's because Pokemon, but the low userbase for Wii U usually speaks bad omens for certain exclusive games.

Sequel, here we come.

ethomaz

Banned
A know old user here posted all the top 10 data in the baned site.

Not sure if accurate but looks reliable like Division 1796k with bundles or Pokken 251k.

Top Bottom