• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia’s free-tier GeForce Now will soon show ads while you’re waiting to play. There will be “up to two minutes” of video ads

Zathalus

You get people used to ads them you start putting them elsewhere. They're banking on people like you saying it's not a problem.
Its not a problem when it's free. If you have Ultimate and have to sit through ads then I agree it's a problem, but this is just queuing to use a free service.

MastAndo

970347d3afb5439f2f65166875dcaee4a2e954d6.gif

AndrewRyan

> They're only for the free tier — not Priority or Ultimate

Now the best minds at the company spend all their time making small tweaks trying move customers up the funnel instead of improving services. Oh wow, Jim is such a great worker, his idea moved 1.35% customers up to the Ultimate tier- give him a raise!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got the email. I was subscribed for a while, just never used it enough to warrant the cost (considering I have a high-end PC and consoles already).

pt0GqWg.png

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
People complaining about ads in a free service that gives you access to an RTX 2080 tier gaming PC and much of your library in the cloud has to be peak entitlement.

There are grounds to complain if ads stray into the paid tiers. But that’s no what’s happening here.

Top Bottom