• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia has a new graphics Control panel

winjer

Gold Member

What is the NVIDIA app?
NVIDIA app is an essential companion for NVIDIA GPU owners. Whether you're a gamer or a content creator, the NVIDIA aApp keeps your PC updated with the latest NVIDIA drivers. NVIDIA Aapp allows you to fine-tune game and driver settings from a single place, while introducing a redesigned in-game overlay for convenient access to powerful recording, performance monitoring, and game filters. You can also access and install NVIDIA Applications like GeForce NOW, NVIDIA Broadcast and NVIDIA Omniverse.

The NVIDIA app beta is a first step in our journey to modernize and unify the NVIDIA Control Panel, GeForce Experience, and RTX Experience Apps. Stay tuned to GeForce.com for more updates on the NVIDIA app.

What are the benefits of upgrading to the NVIDIA app?
  • Fast & Responsive Client: NVIDIA app installs in half the time, delivers a 50% more responsive UI, and occupies 17% less disk space than GeForce Experience.
  • Unified GPU Control Center: The NVIDIA app integrates GeForce Experience's Optimal Game Settings and NVIDIA Control Panel's 3D Settings into a unified interface.
  • Redesigned In-Game Overlay: Improved the user interface to quickly access features while playing your favorite game or Application. And your captured content is now readily available through user-friendly thumbnails.
  • Improved Driver Information: A quicker way to understand what’s included in the latest driver updates with easy-to-scan bullet points of “what’s new” and “what’s fixed,” alongside quick callouts on game support.
  • Freestyle RTX Filters: NVIDIA Freestyle empowers you to personalize the visual aesthetics of your favorite games through real-time post-processing filters for over 1200 games. NVIDIA App now offers AI-powered filters, like RTX HDR and RTX Dynamic Vibrance, which are accelerated by Tensor Cores on RTX GPUs.
  • Discover NVIDIA Applications: Discover NVIDIA Applications like GeForce NOW, NVIDIA Broadcast, NVIDIA Omniverse, and more.
What are the system requirements for the NVIDIA App?
Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 11
RAM: 2GB system memory
Disc Space Required: 600 MB
Driver: GeForce 551.52 Driver or later

CPU:
Intel Pentium G Series, Core i3, i5, i7, or higher.
AMD FX, Ryzen 3, 5, 7, 9, Threadripper or higher.

GPU:
GeForce RTX 20, 30, and 40 Series GPUs
GeForce GTX 800, 900, 1000, 1600 Series GPUs
GeForce MX100, MX200, MX300, 800M, and 900M GPUs.

Where can I download NVIDIA drivers?
Users can get Game Ready Drivers, or NVIDIA Studio Drivers through NVIDIA app, GeForce Experience, and GeForce.com. We recommend trying out the NVIDIA app beta, which offers 30% faster installation times than GeForce Experience.

Where can I download the NVIDIA app beta?
The NVIDIA app BETA can be downloaded from:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/software/nvidia-app/

If I currently have GeForce Experience installed on my system, do I have to uninstall it before installing NVIDIA app BETA?
You do not need to manually uninstall GeForce Experience. NVIDIA app will, with your permission, uninstall GeForce Experience.

How do I submit feedback for the NVIDIA app beta?
Please send feedback in the NVIDIA app client, the [!] icon located in the upper right corner of the home page.
aid_5521_00.png

What games can take advantage of optimal settings?
NVIDIA app provides optimal settings for over 1000 games. The full list of supported games can be found here.

What are the benefits of logging into the NVIDIA app?
Users who optionally choose to login to their NVIDIA account are able to redeem GPU bundles and rewards.

How do I log into the NVIDIA app?
1. Download the NVIDIA app
2. Click “Log In” in the NVIDIA app
3. Your default web browser will open a new browser tab
4. Enter your NVIDIA account email address & password in browser tab
5. You are now logged in to the NVIDIA app!

I'm currently encountering a "Login in Progress: A login browser tab is open. Please complete the login process to continue" message. What steps should I take to resolve this issue?
aid_5521_01.png

1. Check your default browser tab.
2. Complete login to the NVIDIA account

While attempting to log in to the NVIDIA App and going through the NVIDIA account email authentication process, I successfully authenticated my email. However, I still receive a "Login in Progress" message from the NVIDIA App.
Check your default browser tabs. There may be another, separate “Sign in with NVIDIA” browser tab open. Click the other “Sign in with NVIDIA tab” to complete the login process.

What are the requirements to enable RTX HDR?
  • Operating System
    • Requires Win11 (OS build 22621) or higher
    • Requires HDR to be enabled in Windows (System > Display > Use HDR)
  • GPU & Display Support
    • RTX 20 series+, Single GPU support (No SLI)
    • HDR Monitor required, Single display support
  • Driver Requirements
    • 551.52 or higher
  • Game Support
    • DirectX 9-12, and Vulkan
    • In-Game HDR should be disabled
    • Windows AutoHDR should be disabled
  • Laptop Support
    • Requires RTX GPU to drive the laptop internal display
  • Customization
    • Supports in-game adjustments through NVIDIA app overlay
    • Supports per-game enablement through NVIDIA app graphics settings
  • Compatibility
    • Game/Application should be in Full screen / Exclusive Full Screen (IFLIP) mode
    • Dynamic Super Resolution, NVIDIA Image Scaling and Fast Sync should be disabled

What are the requirements to enable RTX Dynamic Vibrance?
  • Operating System
    • Requires Win10 (22H2) or higher
  • GPU & Display Support
    • RTX 20 series+, Single GPU support (No SLI)
  • Driver Requirements
    • 551.61 or higher
  • Game Support
    • DirectX 9-12, and Vulkan
    • In-Game HDR should be disabled
    • Windows AutoHDR should be disabled
  • Customization
    • Supports in-game adjustments through NVIDIA app overlay
    • Supports per-game enablement through NVIDIA app graphics settings

Last edited:

poodaddy

The Nvidia overlay improvements are much welcomed and definitely inspired by Steam Deck. Very pleased to see this.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Dark mode at last.
Does this give you the option to roll back to a previous driver version though?

Mr Moose

In addition, this driver supports the beta release of NVIDIA App, which unifies GeForce Experience and the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Does that mean they'll force you to agree to sharing data with them?
GeForce Experience requires data to configure your graphics card and application settings for the best gaming and content creation experience. We need to know your PC’s hardware, software for gaming, and network configuration, GeForce Experience feature usage, and geographical region.

We use this data to optimize your application settings, improve our products and services, and redeem codes for free games.

Our privacy policy explains what data we collect, what we do with it, and the legal basis for these actions. We never sell your data.

GreatnessRD

Oh Sugar Honey Ice Tea! AMD about to be in more trouble. I enjoy the Adrenaline software personally which has lead me to believe it would be one of the reasons I'd stick with AMD GPUs, but with this news... Su Bae might be in trouble for my next upgrade. (Price to Performance pending, of course) But this is amazing news for Nvidia GPU owners. Their control panel was long overdue an upgrade. Exciting times for the master race.

drotahorror

It's just GFE with a new coat of paint with some added features from Nvidia's Control Panel.

Can't change refresh rate/resolution, which is important to me sometimes when streaming my PC.

But still it's nice I guess.

flying_sq

Yea, maybe it is a gut reaction, but none of the improvements or changes maybe outside of driver update notifications seem relevant to me. Do people actually adjust in game settings via geforce now, or use the optimize stuff? It doesn't need to look pretty, just work. I use the 3d settings in control panel, but waiting a few seconds really doesn't ruin my day.

Last edited:

nikos

Installing now. Hopefully none of the core functionality of the OG control panel is broken.

EDIT: The regular control panel is still accessible with this installed. This app doesn't have all of its functionality, mostly the global and program specific 3D settings. It's more of a replacement for GeForce Experience.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I installed the driver only (after cleaning with DDU) and the control panel is the same old one, guess this is just a GeForce Experience type extra app thing then. No thanks. Edit: oh it's in beta so I guess not actually included with the latest drivers then, I thought since they're today's they'd have it.

Last edited:
Nvidia's never replaced the classic OG control panel because it works

Meanwhile AMD will never get their slick looking but bug filled Adrenaline thing to ever work

I like things that work so I'll stick with the ugly ass Nvidia control panel

I finally watched the video during lunch break, Did Nvidia on screen controls always give a bunch of info like this new overlay? Any chance this might could replace Afterburner and Riva Tuner or Onscreen FPS Temps and such?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Nvidia finally steps up to the plate on their interface.

I'm very much looking forward to trying this as soon as I'm done on the toilet.

Top Bottom