• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA passes Apple as the world's second-most valuable company.

Some people might be a bit richer today than a year ago i'd imagine.

I'm about to adventure a bit into stocks later this month so watching all this unfold is interesting (and yes i know i'm late to the party)

iHaunter

Bruh- the overwhelming majority of their revenue does not come from the gaming GPU segment. Of the $26 billion of earnings last quarter, $22.6 billion came from data centre. $2.6 billion came from their gaming segment. Their margins are wild at almost 80%.

If they keep slamming earnings like this, I don’t anything popping as its clear from Jensen that they can’t supply demand. I’m holding until at least next quarter.
Data Centre? What're they hosting? Just the GeForce Online? I'm curious.

Diddy X

Atleast they are still delivering on the gpu tech side, still I wish they had stronger competition.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Nvidia has to be one of the stronger "took a risk investing down a pathway and it paid off" stories.

Merkades

Crazy where they are compared to when I initially decided I was team green. That would be '98 or '99, a riva tnt 2 iirc. I bought it to put in my new PC so I could play EverQuest. Everyone else seemed to like 3dfx and the voodoo 2 I believe, but I looked at them like Sega vs Nintendo. Sega and 3dfx were faster, but Ninty and Nvidia had more colors and better IQ imo. At least that is what I think I remember, but aside from cost, I love my Nvidia hardware, so much so that my PS5 is getting almost no playtime since I bough my 4090 a little over a year ago.

Fredrik

When do I sell my nvidia stocks? Currently up 850% from when purchased (FUCK I WISH I PUT MORE IN)
Are you buying a mansion after selling? Lol even with a tiny amount of stocks when you first bought it must be a big sum of money today!💰🤑🥳

I think the split happens on friday, 1 stock becomes 10. My hope is that there is a spike upwards when more people jump in from affording to invest.

Braag

I remember my ex GFs dad telling us to consider investing a little in stocks of companies we know back in 2016.
I joked with her to put couple of grands in Nvidia since they have always had the strongest GPUs. She obviously had no idea what Nvidia even was.
I wish I didn't remember that or had a time machine.

MH3M3D

Imagine the HORRIFIC prices they're going to ask for GPU's to keep the stockprices growing for shareholders. In capitalism there is no "enough".

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Just jumping in here to say I bought Nvidia and AMD back when they were ~$220 and $80, respectively. Not to brag but mainly to remind myself I've made one risky smart play in my stock endeavors when normally my picks shit the bed lol

Top Bottom