• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NWA Powerrr. Who's watching?

norm9

Past two months, NWA Powerrr on youtube on Tuesday afternoons has been the only weekly show that I've watched consistently. I've missed a ton of WWE, a couple weeks of AEW, I watch NJPW like once a month and catch up, but NWA Powerr is the one thing I put on consistenly when I get home after work.

Shit, I even spent $20 to pay for my first ever ppv when Billy Corgan's Hard Times aired last week.

No fat nor filler, just one hour of promos, a couple matches, some retro commercials.

One half of the announcing team is Stu Bennett aka Bad News Barrett.

It's got the most dominant looking female wrestler since Asuka in Thunder Rosa, who recently won the Women's NWA Championship. It's got the probably imo the most charismatic face character in Stroke Daddy Ricky Starks who recently won the revived NWA TV Title.

It's got Nick Aldis (Magnus from TNA) as world champ, Cowboy James Storm as co-tag champ, Trevor Murdoch looking the exact same since the early 00s, Melina, Scott Steiner, Villain Club leader Marty Scrull. A ton of great wrestling vets. Even the barely alive but still kicking Rock n Roll Express are putting in work.

And finally, the BEST reason to watch this fucking show, it's got Aron "Shooter" Stevens (Damian Sandow) and masked karate master The Question Mark from the far off country of Mongrovia.

nwa-the-power-of-karate.jpg

So who's been watching?

I actually don't watch it, I listen to it.

Usually put it on while doing something else and get great enjoyment from the promos and hearing the storylines play out. Commentary is solid enough that I don't need to skip past the matches or anything either.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
They do have Allysin Kay, who hates the guts of Tessa Blanchard, the current Impact men/women Champ.
I was being facetious, I think it's a god awful idea lol

But I do watch Power, just behind on a few episodes.

Last edited:

norm9

I actually don't watch it, I listen to it.

Usually put it on while doing something else and get great enjoyment from the promos and hearing the storylines play out. Commentary is solid enough that I don't need to skip past the matches or anything either.
And the matches aren't especially long. No ten false finishes. A finisher is a finisher.

I_D

I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I like that that fat, nippled man has the permanent \m/ due to the finger-tape.

Top Bottom