• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

Next quest can't come soon enough. I started Asgards Wrath last night and it's so cool. I just keep thinking should I put this off until a better headset (fov mainly) comes out? I feel like certain experiences deserve it. The main VR games I keep teasing, playing here and there, not fully commiting because I am waiting for the next generation of HMD.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is that the Dr.Beef one in development (yay finally Dr.Beef VR back on PC) or someone else is also attempting HL2VR? Should probly just go collab if the latter, haha, still better to have 2 proper efforts than the janky passing via GMOD solutions that exist so far even if team beef's ends up better given their experience and works.

We will probably have folks remastering (if not remaking, but given projects like Black Mesa took ages a remaster with just replacing the textures and models with the new ones where applicable while leaving most level geometry intact would be more than fine too) the campaigns in the Alyx engine at some point, but until then...

Last edited:
Is that the Dr.Beef one in development (yay finally Dr.Beef VR back on PC) or someone else is also attempting HL2VR? Should probly just go collab if the latter, haha, still better to have 2 proper efforts than the janky passing via GMOD solutions that exist so far even if team beef's ends up better given their experience and works.

We will probably have folks remastering (if not remaking, but given projects like Black Mesa took ages a remaster with just replacing the textures and models with the new ones where applicable while leaving most level geometry intact would be more than fine too) the campaigns in the Alyx engine at some point, but until then...

Yep. I think someone else has taken it over since he started it. I love the arms race of developers modding games into full VR. Praydog is doing the lord's work making the re framework games full VR with motion controls. It's wild. Can't wait to play RE7 properly

Alexios

Lots of April Fool's stuff today and some cool real stuff on top, I'll only do the ~better ~10 media that fit per post and leave it at that for today, unless some more big real stuff come along...

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I'm hearing that Green Hell is pretty darn good on standalone Quest 2.

Didn't even realise this was out, have the steam VR version wishlisted but not the quest version.

Anyone know if the quest version has co-op as well?

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

chixdiggit

New VR Humble Bundle. Some good stuff in here. Pistol Whip is legit and have heard good things about RagnaRock.
  • Pistol Whip
  • RagnaRock
  • Vacation Simulator
  • Power Beats VR
  • Traffic Jams
  • Down the Rabbit Hole
  • Propagation VR
  • Vanishing Realms
  • 25% off After The Fall

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just slipped in right before the Fitness/Active Gaming Deal ended and picked up Walkabout Mini Golf, Premium Bowling, and Thrill of the Fight for $34 total. Not too shabby. People have been raving about Walkabout Mini Golf, so I had to grab it.

Alexios

Last batch before tomorrow's Meta Quest Gaming Showcase I guess.

Last edited:

Alexios

~10 minutes. Fingers crossed most of the games will be available for all VR platforms eventually, even though I'm sure most will only show as Quest here (except those showing off with PC footage that will have to mark it as such, like Stress Level Zero's Project 4).

Started strong with more Saints & Sinners. Just a teaser though, not real gameplay.
NFL Pro Era... Meh. Looks well made I guess, sucks for the indie 2MD.
Among Us VR, again don't care but I guess looks decent enough.
3 more Schell Games... games.
Red Matter 2, nice! Looking good. Alyx grab system. Didn't feel too exciting though.
Espire 2! Espire 1 was kinda meh but hopefully sequel fixes things up. Looks nice but so did the first, fingers crossed.
Moss 2, already seen that from PSVR of course. The more platforms the better.
Ruins Magus looks very promising, been following it a lot. Hopefully won't be botched a la Nostos or something.
Cities VR been showing a lot lately. Skylines VR spin off basically.
Finally RE4 Mercenaries DLC. Free as it should be, that's good. Launching after the show, nice.
More Beat Saber, whatever.
Bonelab by Boneworks dev, Looks quite nice, not so test mappy, PC footage as said.
Zuckbot >_>
Ghostbusters by nDreams is promising.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Small thing of note here: the Espire sequel appears to be Quest-exclusive? The first game was for PC, PS4VR and Quest, but this one says it was made specifically for Quest and only lists Quest as a platform for the planned 2022 release. Maybe it'll add more platforms later, or maybe it'll be a true exclusive?

(They do show footage running on a PC, but I assume that's for the demo.)

Stitch

Gold Member
Small thing of note here: the Espire sequel appears to be Quest-exclusive? The first game was for PC, PS4VR and Quest, but this one says it was made specifically for Quest and only lists Quest as a platform for the planned 2022 release. Maybe it'll add more platforms later, or maybe it'll be a true exclusive?

(They do show footage running on a PC, but I assume that's for the demo.)

Wouldn't surprise me. They did abandon the PC Version and released more patches/content for the Quest Version.

Top Bottom