• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld + EA= July

Dyne

Well, if EA picked it up.. it has to make SOME money. People will probably buy it even if some people call it horrible.

EA despretly wants a mascot, they tried with that stupid Ty the Tasmaninan. I've heard nothing but bad things concerning 'Stranger'...

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
DopeyFish said:
from what i've heard, it sucked HARD. This is from more than a few people, too.

Well, the people we know are clearly different people. I heard this stuff from people at M$ a while back.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
That's pretty cool. It'd be EA's first Xbox exclusive game! ...unless they port it to PS2, which I'm sure they will.

Anyhow, that's good news and hopefully those other Xbox games (Psychonauts, Tork, etc.) will find new publishers to see them through their end.

element

quadriplegicjon said:
wait.. huh ? wasnt there another article that said oddworld was bought out by MS ?
no just signed a publishing agreement. MS never owned OI.

Stranger back at the MS days wasn't impressive from what I heard. But they have had a long time to work on it.

Anyhow, that's good news and hopefully those other Xbox games (Psychonauts, Tork, etc.) will find new publishers to see them through their end.
Well Stranger was signed by EA it seems, and the Tork developer was purchased by Ubisoft, so that leaves Psychonauts.

davis

Did Ed Fries get some crazy Bernie Stollar $$ type deal to get fired for the failure of his Xbox or is he tied up in Microsofts basement somewhere?

Rhindle

open_mouth_ said:
That's pretty cool. It'd be EA's first Xbox exclusive game! ...unless they port it to PS2, which I'm sure they will.
Nope, that would be the original Buffy game.

Not a good precedent. EA thankfully didn't mess with the game, but they didn't exactly spend any effort promoting it either.

element

davis said:
Did Ed Fries get some crazy Bernie Stollar $$ type deal to get fired for the failure of his Xbox or is he tied up in Microsofts basement somewhere?
Well he worked for MS for a long time. I'm sure he already was worth a lot of money.

boutrosinit said:
Well, the people we know are clearly different people. I heard this stuff from people at M$ a while back.

Well if MS was so impressed by it, why would they drop publishing rights?

Edit: I've quit following that thread. But from what I read yesterday, it wasn't exactly a buyout. More of a trading junk for junk. And as people have pointed out, this transacation occured before MS dropped it. Which is even worse.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Well it definitely looks fuckin' hard (the GDC trailer was fantastic, screw teh hatarzz), but then, of course, that was never the problem with OI's games.

Now all we need is a Psychonauts announcement and no Xbox fan will be crying.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
fenekku-gitsune said:
Well it definitely looks fuckin' hard (the GDC trailer was fantastic, screw teh hatarzz), but then, of course, that was never the problem with OI's games.

Now all we need is a Psychonauts announcement and no Xbox fan will be crying.

I agree with everything you've said. Big up yerself.

Mr Mike said:
Boutrosinit = Daniel Boutros?

Anyway, is this EAP or standard EA?

Most likely EAP, and you can count that it won't be Xbox exclusive. EA would never publish a console game on a single platform.

3rdman

214830.jpg

fenekku-gitsune said:

Exactly, OI has to get over the major problems that no one cares about their games and none of them ever made a profit.

Other than that, they are A-OKAY. ;)

Top Bottom