• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD release date annouced.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
BTW, here's a soundtrack sampler from the games to get ye in the mood.

Fucking *love* the Stranger tracks. Totally gets you in the mood for skulking around deserts and shooting badguys.

http://db.tt/fSYlUI2

Atolm

To be honest, I was expecting subtitles because the lack of them was my biggest complain about the original . My English doesn't suck by any means, but the dub of this game is very special. Very hard to understand for non-native English speakers.

Don

That gameplay video looks great.

It feels great that I am finally going to play this after waiting so long. I remember looking forward to PS2 version until it was cancelled and then getting disappointed again when Microsoft never made it backwards compatible on the 360.

wwm0nkey

Looks great. Bustling with atmosphere and nice touches. I really hope this sells well for you guys to consider doing other Oddworld remakes. Personally I can't wait to play it.

I don't actually work for JAW (I wish I did lol) but agreed really hope this game sells well. One of my all time favorite series.

ironcreed

Banned
Oddworld Inhabitants have created some amazing characters. I would love to see an animated movie with some of them one day. At any rate, this game was hilarious and fun as hell. Looking forward to playing it again.

Ocaso

I wish Giants: Citizen Kabuto would get such HD remake.

Not that I disagree with you, but I played through that game for the first time about a year ago on an HDTV and it looked absolutely stunning just as it was! (Although I'm not sure if I used a fan-created patch that updated some of the graphical elements.)

Heres hoping the PC upgrade comes quickly. I've had Oddboxx just sitting...waiting for it...since day one.

I think they've already said it'll be out a couple of months after the PS3 version. Given that they're allegedly making it a free update, I imagine they want to give the PS3 a nice exclusive window.

Psy-Phi

Hopefully when people start playing this on PC again I'll find someone willing to share their saves. Nearly finished the game , and a few days later my hard drive blew up. Teach me to do nightly backups...the game really drags ass until you get to the reveal in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game thoroughly, I just don't want to play through the first half getting bounties again. Hope Just Add Water follows through with that visual update too. Might give me reason enough to play it through again.

To be honest, I was expecting subtitles because the lack of them was my biggest complain about the original . My English doesn't suck by any means, but the dub of this game is very special. Very hard to understand for non-native English speakers.

There are subtitles :)

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Hopefully when people start playing this on PC again I'll find someone willing to share their saves. Nearly finished the game , and a few days later my hard drive blew up. Teach me to do nightly backups...the game really drags ass until you get to the reveal in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game thoroughly, I just don't want to play through the first half getting bounties again. Hope Just Add Water follows through with that visual update too. Might give me reason enough to play it through again.

Dude. It's worth it. Some 'minor' changes here and there and achievements attached that will inspire appreciating the game in slightly different contexts here and there. And difficulty levels now.

Yagharek

Picked up some PSN cards today. This thing better be out tomorrow as planned. Only Sony Australia can stuff this up now.

Still own the original Xbox version, though I have no OG Xbox to play it on. I wil indeed be double dipping on this as it's my personal favorite out of the Oddworld library.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Still planned as a free pc update? Damn, gotta get me strangers wrath.

All the Oddworld stuff was hilariously brilliant. Lorne Lanning needs to make more games.

Its awesome to see more players get to experience the power of Steef.

GrayFoxPL

All the Oddworld stuff was hilariously brilliant. Lorne Lanning needs to make more games.

Its awesome to see more players get to experience the power of Steef.

I wonder if that rumored/canceled full length Oddworld movie took away from developer's budget? I love Oddworld and the games were very praised in the media but then it just died.

Bonton

So here is a little treasure of mine:

This is one of the very first demos of the game for Xbox, played and narrated by Lorne Lanning himself in Februray 2004 in Germany for "xbox advanced magazine". The game runs in debug mode.

I found this last year on an old laptop and youtubled it. The resolution and picture quality is not great, I think it was standard then.

Part 1:
http://youtu.be/JscSRwUY6hg

Part 2:
http://youtu.be/JfLa1LyJb-k

Wow, I'm so confused. Bought the oddworld collection at the holiday sale on steam. Apparently stranger's wrath is in it too and I was assuming all the games we're like the originals, but this is 3D O_O Never knew this was the direction they went in for the later games, thought everything was like the original ones. Interesting. Can't wait to play my non-HD version.

MMaRsu

Banned
Wow, I'm so confused. Bought the oddworld collection at the holiday sale on steam. Apparently stranger's wrath is in it too and I was assuming all the games we're like the originals, but this is 3D O_O Never knew this was the direction they went in for the later games, thought everything was like the original ones. Interesting. Can't wait to play my non-HD version.

Still planned as a free pc update? Damn, gotta get me strangers wrath.

?

scitek

It's a shame Lorne got out of the game-making business just before the HD consoles hit. I bet we would have seen some really great looking stuff had he stuck around.

SeanNoonan

It's a shame Lorne got out of the game-making business just before the HD consoles hit. I bet we would have seen some really great looking stuff had he stuck around.
No doubt. Damn shame.

Remember waffling about this game at great length during a job interview once - I got the job
thanks to this game IMO

That said, I'll likely wait for the PC update/Xbox 360 release. I'll leave my PS3 to gather some more dust.

Stampy

Yes, finally will have a chance to play this game. :) BTW, many people already asked, but I am also wondering is OT coming?

Spawnofmoose

Neo Member
There doesn't seem to be an OT for this game so I'll post this here...

Is anybody else experiencing really constant annoying pausing while playing the game? It's regularly happening to me and it's stopping me enjoying what seems to be a fantastic remake. Just for comparison it's almost like the pause in Killzone 2 when it would load a new area just happening with far more regularity here (in and out of combat seemingly randomly).

The only other gripe I have so far is not being able to change the sensitivity on the analogue sticks, it's a little low for my liking.

Top Bottom