• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OH gosh....I have a Turbo Grafix 16 pocket!

neptunes

I found it in a box of mine.

I just remembered I had it!

pretty dusty and crap and I'm not sure if it's functional.

this image just jogged my memory

pce_gt_boxed_1.JPG

I only have one game, R-type.

where can I get others?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You sure "Pocket" is the right word for it? :) The Turbo Express, Nomad, Game Gear, Lynx, and original Gameboy were all way too big.

neptunes

are there any empty flash carts or anything that I can load roms onto?

I really enjoyed playing bonks adventure...but I can't find that game now.

neptunes

well I moved about 3 times in the past 3.5 years.

it was in a box that I didn't un-pack yet.

P.S> I really don't want to buy these games over ebay.

FnordChan

neptunes said:
P.S> I really don't want to buy these games over ebay.

Well then, I'm pretty sure you're shit out of luck. If it's any consolation, plenty of solid games (Blazing Lasers, Bonk's Adventure) can be had on eBay for anywhere from $5-15, so you won't exactly be breaking the bank here.

FnordChan

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
neptunes said:
are there any empty flash carts or anything that I can load roms onto?

Out there somewhere (I'm sure I haven't the foggiest where), there's 4M GameBoy Color flashcarts attached to HuCards. It uses the same transfer program as for GB/C roms.

It's totally slick, if lo-tech (the cart is mounted to the Hu with big globs of hot glue), and works great.

So I, uh.. so I hear.

TG16/PCE stuff is pretty cheap and plentiful, though; it's a great time to collect forgotten favorites. I recommend Zipang -- Solomon's Key reworked with ancient Japanese iconography rather than the signs of the zodiac.

Beware that you won't be able to play Japanese PC Engine games on that unit. There are adaptors that will allow it, but they're scarce and so expensive these days that they really aren't worth it.

Bog

Junior Ace
You don't deserve one of these, just for the fact that you called it a "Turbo Grafix 16 Pocket".

Top Bottom