• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the World's Biggest Rabbits dies in United Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

C-Sz2PfXgAAJ-06.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/united-airlines-reviewing-death-of-giant-rabbit-1794650525

A three-foot continental giant rabbit named Simon allegedly died in the cargo hold while traveling on a United Airlines flight from London's Heathrow Airport to Chicago's O'Hare International Airport—the same airport where a United passenger was violently dragged off of an overbooked flight earlier this month.

Simon, the giant bunny which The Sun claims was expected to grow to possibly become the largest rabbit in the world (Simon's dad, Darius, currently holds the title), was on its way to meet a ”celebrity" new owner in the U.S., but it was reportedly dead when it arrived in Chicago.

Simon's breeder, Annette Edwards claims the bunny had a full checkup and was cleared perfectly healthy just before the flight, reaffirming the mystery of Simon's death in transit with United.

Put this thread on United if old

That's too bad. Would never let my pets fly cargo for sure

Eh, most airlines are pretty good about. Trust me on this one, the airlines are pretty strict about animal handling and usually do their best to safely transport pets and other animals. Alaska and Delta are pretty good about it in particular.

United Cargo blows in general though.

I monitor the shipment of a lot of animals on passenger flights. Dead on Arrival animaps are pretty rare.

Apath

This is legitimately the craziest thing I've seen ever. Wow I had no idea such badasses could exist.

This won't be topped for me until dinosaurs or aliens.
It's not as large as this picture makes it appear. She is holding it with her arms extended forward to make it as large as possible relative to her. Also looks like she is purposely stretching it out as much as possible.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Rabbits are so ridiculously fragile so I kinda wonder if the poor thing was just literally scared to death or something?

Falcs

Banned
Ugh.. Can't even imagine the amount of work required to care for one of those rodents. Their shit pellets must be size if tennis balls. And rabbits are constantly shitting 24/7.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ugh.. Can't even imagine the amount of work required to care for one of those rodents. Their shit pellets must be size if tennis balls. And rabbits are constantly shitting 24/7.

I would take 100 more or less odorless, dry rabbit pellets over any one of the dank slippery malodorous nightmares that used to come out of my cat's butt.

Nepenthe

holy shit giant rabbits?? What next? Giant cats??

... What do you think a puma is?

Anyways, aren't rabbits really, really prone to death by stress? I don't think I'd ever ship a rabbit to anyone via plane. Not to blame the owner or anything since she probably knows better than I do. Rabbits just make me nervous at how fragile they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom