• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the World's Biggest Rabbits dies in United Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Ugh.. Can't even imagine the amount of work required to care for one of those rodents. Their shit pellets must be size if tennis balls. And rabbits are constantly shitting 24/7.
They aren't rodents, and they tend to litter train themselves.

Rabbits can make great pets.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It's not as large as this picture makes it appear. She is holding it with her arms extended forward to make it as large as possible relative to her. Also looks like she is purposely stretching it out as much as possible.

Watch the video. There's no trickery here.

Wag

holy shit giant rabbits?? What next? Giant cats??

liger-hercules-guinness-book-world-records-2014.jpg

Yes?

Huh, so my wife was right making us drive across country to pickup our new pup last year.

She didn't want our pup to travel airline cargo

Amalthea

Banned
I wonder what Uniteds new slogan will be?

"Expect Turbulences", "We'll send you flying", "Our planes don't crash but you will", Have a nice fight"... ?

Falcs

Banned
They aren't rodents, and they tend to litter train themselves.

Rabbits can make great pets.

I live with 2 rabbits. My wife owns them. They are so much work. Much more than a dog or cat. They are litter trained, but they still shit everywhere. Their trays need changing daily. They need their shit and hay sweeped up daily. They chew up everything if we don't have them confined. Not to mention rabbits are prone to all sorts of fatal health problems. Teeth problems, heart problems, sudden gut stasis. I swear if they didn't breed like they do, they would have gone extinct ages ago.
I would never, EVER recommend a rabbit for a pet.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Animal dies, garbage tier puns. Yep it's a GAF thread. Spoiler alert: Your shit puns will never get you anything.

So sad for the owner. Punners, you never had a pet?

thats really sad, rabbits are underrated pets

I live with 2 rabbits. My wife owns them. They are so much work. Much more than a dog or cat. They are litter trained, but they still shit everywhere. Their trays need changing daily. They need their shit and hay sweeped up daily. They chew up everything if we don't have them confined. Not to mention rabbits are prone to all sorts of fatal health problems. Teeth problems, heart problems, sudden gut stasis. I swear if they didn't breed like they do, they would have gone extinct ages ago.

we had them in an outdoor pen, but I can see why they wouldnt be suited to apartments/indoors

Hazmat

The way they tie it to United's recent customer service catastrophes feels like the article should be titled "United Airlines Kills Easter Bunny."

WaterAstro

I wonder if it had done airline trips before. Rabbits scare to death easily, so they need to be in a safe environment. Even something simple as a constant, noisy clank could kill them.

How do we move past photographing large animals by deceptively holding it closed to the camera than the person holding it in the background?

Matt

They vary a lot rabbit to rabbit, because they were never really breed for their personality. Mine is pretty perfect, uses her litter box almost entirely (and she never goes outside her cage, period), doesn't require that much work, and full of love and affection. She WILL chew things, but we have her living area rabbit proofed to prevent that.

IC5

I can't believe the cargo hold is approved for animals. The pressure in there is not regulated like the cabin.

Ever opened your bags to find every last ounce of your sun block, blasted all over your clothing? I don't mean the cap popped opens and it leaked out in a blob. I mean BLASTED all over your stuff. pressure changes like that are probably what kills animals on flights.

My Holland lop only ever poops and pees in her litter box and if it's outside it's directly in the perimeter around it because she couldn't get there quick enough. there's 0 poop in her cage and she just uses it as a hangout spot. there's no poop anywhere else in the house. it's insane since she used to poop everywhere but she stopped after she got spayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom