• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ordering from Play-Asia -- need some recommendations.

Dilbert

OK, I've decided to get the Lumines remix soundtrack, even though I'm pretty sure that half of the songs won't be the kind of thing I listen to more than once in a while. Since I'll be ordering the soundtrack from Play-Asia, I might as well add some other stuff to the list which I can't get domestically.

In particular, I'm considering PSP cases and UMD cases. What are the best ones out right now? Also, any advice on the best shipping options?

Baron

I'll add to the Play-Asia asking - I was considering ordering a PS2 system from them, but I wanted to know if they package things well. Do they place boxed electronics (i.e. game systems) into another shipping box for protection, or do they merely place a shipping bag around the box, or large padded envelope? A box is a necessity, and the site isn't clear on that. Also, does it make any difference if you choose one or the other of the two shipping methods offered as far as shipping materials used?

jinx: I love my Koei case, as suggested to me by kiryogi. BUT Koei is releasing some even nicer ones shortly, I think end of June. They're brown vs. the black ones out now. Leather looking, if you like that sort of thing. Holds UMDs and is soft. No UMD cases for me, yet...

Other frequent shoppers can answer the other questions for you.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
If you're looking for soundtracks, the Katamari Damacy one is probably pretty great. I wouldn't know because I refuse to pay more for a game's soundtrack than I did for the actual game.

The End

Minotauro said:
If you're looking for soundtracks, the Katamari Damacy one is probably pretty great. I wouldn't know because I refuse to pay more for a game's soundtrack than I did for the actual game.

It's fantastic. Don't worry.

Dilbert

Are those Capdase UMD protectors any good? I can't figure out how you get the UMDs into and out of those slots. Any risk of scratching them because of the design?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
-jinx- said:
Are those Capdase UMD protectors any good? I can't figure out how you get the UMDs into and out of those slots. Any risk of scratching them because of the design?
Hori UMD slide cases are the way to go.

Fowler

The Capdase ones are awesome. There's no risk of scratching at all. They sit in little trays and you rotate the cover to slide it out of the way -- the bottom of the UMD is protected at all times. And they're stackable! I've stacked three together to make a single holder for 6 UMDs.

Baron said:
I'll add to the Play-Asia asking - I was considering ordering a PS2 system from them, but I wanted to know if they package things well. Do they place boxed electronics (i.e. game systems) into another shipping box for protection, or do they merely place a shipping bag around the box, or large padded envelope? A box is a necessity, and the site isn't clear on that. Also, does it make any difference if you choose one or the other of the two shipping methods offered as far as shipping materials used?

They packaged my order (MGS3 Extreme Box) very well (I choose UPS shipping) . I also was concernced how they would do it, since I was burned previously from a CDJapan order .

For reference they packaged it like this (from the inside - out) :

- MGS3 EB wrapped in bubble wrap
- Play-Asia cardboard box
- Another cardboard box
- Shipping Bag with Address, Tracking # etc on it

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I've had nothing but good experiences with P-A. I've never ordered a system, but all the other stuff I got were nicely packaged.

BTW does anybody have a spare $5 coupon they want to send my way? ;)

Bebpo

Banned
Does anyone have a $5 off coupon they can PM me? Making a pre-order now and would very much appriciate $5 off if someone has one they wont use :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Bebpo, my copy of Kuru Kururin Paradise and Kururin Squash arrived today. I wasn't going to open the box but...

Give me five minutes to save my game of DDS, and I'll PM you the code... Thanks much for all of your amazing RPG impressions threads...

Bebpo

Banned
Thank you! Since I'm leaving Japan in early August I need to get my rpg pre-orders for Tales of Legendia/Twelve PSP/Castlevania DS (all Aug25th) in :)

Piepz

Hey,
Can anyone give me Play-Asia coupon please ? I want a lil' discount for my Graphite black NDS :)
PM me please if you have a spare one.

Top Bottom