• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otherskin: New Game Reveal

ABOUT THIS GAME​

Otherskin_animated_gif2.gif

A mission that’s expected to be your last:
Planet Vandermire, the ancestral home of the extinct “Magna” species, is suspected to be the source of the ever expanding Corruption; a universal threat to all life in the universe. Alex is “lucky” number 13 of volunteering Space Crusaders, ready to give their life in deadly solo-expeditions on the planet's surface. Mission “Exodus” empowers individuals with a unique high technology AI suit in order to gather as much information as possible, before falling to the Corruption. It is hoped that with each attempt, scientists can increase the time of survival on the surface and find a solution to contain the Corruption.

Collect alien morphs to expand your abilities:
While Alex explores the planet, every enemy encounter can change your experience! By absorbing alien "morphs", you gather new moves and powers that can literally turn the world upside down.

Improve your unique AI-powered suit:
Upgrade your suit powers and maximise weapon impact, life support and combat agility. The high tech suit includes an AI voice that will help Alex on her journey.

Ranged weapons and melee combat:
Use your most powerful ranged weapons and combine them with fast close combat moves. It's a breeze to switch between both.

Explore Vandermire:
This foreign planet is full of varied biomes. Scout every corner of this beautiful but dangerous alien world in order to collect more information about the origins of the Corruption.

March Climber

Gold Member
I wonder why this game (and a few other reveals recently) skipped all of the summer showcases. It seems like it could benefit from more eyes on it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No idea how this is gonna turn out but the shifting geometry reminds me of a first person Prey (the 2006 one)

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
Likely because you have to pay or know the right people to appear in these showcases.
All of them? I'll give you SGF, Future Games Show, Console showcases, and Day of the Devs.

However I highly doubt Guerilla Collective, Future of Play, and other indie/AA showcases that week would deny stuff like this. Stuff like this would bring more views for them.

March Climber

Gold Member
Thats probably where the "knowing the right people" comes into play.
$250K reasons
I know of the 'inside club' that you're referencing.

However, I've seen the latter ones I've listed showcase brand new and unfinished games simply because they were sent an email from a no-name. That's why I separated the smaller indie/AA showcases, because what you're saying doesn't apply to most of them.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
I know of the 'inside club' that you're referencing.

However, I've seen the latter ones I've listed showcase brand new and unfinished games simply because they were sent an email from a no-name. That's why I separated the smaller indie/AA showcases, because what you're saying doesn't apply to most of them.
That's the part where we can't know for sure. Even if we assume anyone can send an e-mail to be included, they'll still have to pass through some sort of selective process which could have any random and wild criteria.

Last edited:
Top Bottom