• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OverWatch 2 Invasion Mode, New Hero and Battle Pass is coming on August 10

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • You have to get the Battle Pass or pay $15 for three non repetable missions, takeit or leave.

Experience the next chapter of the Overwatch saga in Invasion Story Missions, unleash solar power as the newest Support Hero Illari, fight for control of two new maps in the new permanent game mode Flashpoint, and so much more.New ways to play await in Overwatch 2: Invasion, launching Aug 10 at 12pm PT.

Varteras

Gold Member
I've never been less excited about a games update then with Overwatch.

This franchise fell off so hard. So many questionable decisions. Development issues that, allegedly, were largely caused by corporate interference. Which ultimately led to the creator/director leaving Blizzard. The moment they announced putting this game on Steam, you knew Blizzard was sweating the numbers.

Interfectum

is she gay?
watching arrested development GIF

MiguelItUp

It's wild to me to think that anyone still enjoys the game and wants to support it. Looking at where it was when it first launched, to where it is now is pretty crazy, lol. At least for me. It's like, no matter how substantial the patch or update looks, nothing will ever make me go back to it.

It'll be interesting to see if the launch on Steam can up the player base.
Yeah, I'm pretty curious about that myself. Only a matter of days before we find out.

I hope this franchise crashes, burns and rots. Normally, I respect and appericate devs, but in this game's case everything was a big massive lie and a bait and switch from start to end. Fuck this game. The devs here deserve all the hate they can get. No wonder Jeff Kaplan left, he saw the writing on the wall and took off. He was what made the original overwatch a very good game.

Evenn ny friend, who played OW for a stupid amount of hours at a master rank hates this game now and hopes it dies. When you have a hardcore fanatic telling you that, that means you really fucked up.

Last edited:

CuNi

As people before me said, I'm amazed how they took this game that literally printed money and managed to kill its whole user base.

I hope the talent moves away from Blizzard and makes its own games, so we'll to relive the good times when anything Blizzard touched, turned to gold.
How far they fell, truly shoking.

Spyxos

Gold Member
yet is played by over 1.5mil ppl daily... a lot of companies would kill to "fail" this hard... gaf and the market are pretty disconnected right now
I never thought that ow 2 would still be played by so many. I played Ow1 a lot. Part 2 was somehow already over only after few rounds for me.

YukiOnna

I ain't paying for what I wasn't promised. I can only shake my head at what it got chopped up and reduced into.

Also, the new hero designs have sucked. Thank god for Kiriko.

Top Bottom