• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld Cost One Billion Yen To Make And The CEO Didn't Want To Budget Money

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It’ll be crazy if everyone jumps ship after the first couple weekends. I hope this reaches MineCraft levels where people play this game for years. Instead of being called a marketing scheme? Obviously people bought the game before the CEO came out and said this or anything else that went viral.

what I fear is that I buy it and then it’s yesterday’s news. It should be popular beyond a weekend? It’s just getting its fix with the press right now.

Mikado

Gold Member
It’ll be crazy if everyone jumps ship after the first couple weekends. I hope this reaches MineCraft levels where people play this game for years. Instead of being called a marketing scheme? Obviously people bought the game before the CEO came out and said this or anything else that went viral.

what I fear is that I buy it and then it’s yesterday’s news. It should be popular beyond a weekend? It’s just getting its fix with the press right now.

Ngl; I am a huge fan of the game but it definitely has a finite play time:

- The world map is static/hand-built so once it has been uncovered there's not much more to explore (granted, it's more interesting to experience the first time than some procgen terrain)
- When you've hit level cap there are no more techs to unlock. Since you can farm Tech points from drops, there's not really the concept of a "build" since you can just unlock everything.
- Despite appearances, this isn't Satisfactory : automation isn't very complex and doesn't scale well at all. Building structures isn't very useful either since pals get stuck on everything and you really don't want them inside your building.

When you hit the limits of the above and clear the towers, maybe another co-op playthrough for a while... then it's pretty much over. However that will still be close to 100 hours which is pretty good for 30 bucks. People whining about gass or something... this is the opposite of that: you get what you get, then it's done and you can go do something else. It's not a lifestyle. Though complaining about it apparently is :nougat_rofl:

Kaleinc

Banned
palworld12.jpg

Look at their basic ass office. These boys just made 90M+.

I am curious where they will go from here. Do you just keep polishing and updating Palworld for years like Rust devs? Or finish it ASAP and move on?
2 dudes by the sides: "I'm a slave, pls help me"
Smug ass bitch in the middle, is of course CEO

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
palworld12.jpg

Look at their basic ass office. These boys just made 90M+.

I am curious where they will go from here. Do you just keep polishing and updating Palworld for years like Rust devs? Or finish it ASAP and move on?
I'm appalled at the lack of diversity in their company

giphy.gif

Top Bottom