• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pat McAfee accuses top ESPN exec Norby Williamson of trying to ‘sabotage’ show

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
McAfee called out ESPN executive Norby Williamson by name in an explosive segment on Friday after The Post’s Andrew Marchand wrote a column opining that McAfee needs to get better TV ratings if his show is going to be a headache for ESPN in the wake of the Aaron Rodgers-Jimmy Kimmel dustup.

On his show on Friday, McAfee spoke to co-host A.J. Hawk about how the show rates on various platforms and proceeded to go off on Williamson, ESPN’s Executive Editor and Head of Event and Studio Production and a member of company president Jimmy Pitaro’s inner circle.

“We’re very appreciative, and we understand that more people are watching this show than ever before. We’re very thankful for the ESPN folks for being very hospitable. Now, there are some people actively trying to sabotage us from within ESPN — more specifically, I believe, Norby Williamson is the guy who is attempting to sabotage our program,” McAfee said.

“Now, I’m not 100 percent sure. That is just seemingly the only human that has information, and then that information gets leaked, and it’s wrong, and it sets a narrative of what our show is.

“And then are we just gonna combat that from a rat every single time? Somebody tried to get ahead of our actual ratings release with wrong numbers 12 hours beforehand. That’s a sabotage attempt. It’s been happening this entire season from some people who didn’t necessarily love the old addition of ‘The Pat McAfee Show’ to the ESPN family. There’s a lot of those.”

If I remember right this is the same asshole that hated Le Batard and didn't like Stuart Scott. The guy has a history of conflicts with on air talent. He pushed out Le Batard and also supported the break up of Mike and Mike. He was one of the people that wanted Cowherd instead of Pat.

His mistake was thinking that Pat would ever take any kind of interference quietly lol

I like the pat mcfee. It helps too tho. That like, if some reason espn wants to end this cause now it getting crazy. Sure pat get some money and still and he still be making money and being popular after espn.

bender

What time is it?
Lebetard sucks.

Cowherd rules.

That is all.
1b4ad652e81a9d81a2dfefb78f983ccd.gif

Ozzie666

Colin Cowherd is the 2nd worst Sports Commentator in America.

He turns on a dime, all his takes are flavour of the month. He sticks to nothing and suddenly forgets previous comments. Yes he is enterainting, if not repeats himself way to much. He loves to jump on the bandwagons and whatever gets him the clicks and attention. It's the nature of the business, but he hasn't been the same since Joy left.

I enjoy when he brings on Nick Wright and Erick Mangini.

Mesousa

Banned
Colin Cowherd is just the guy you keep on as you work if you are lucky enough to have a work from home day where you dont have to take calls. He'd come on after undisputed(which I have not watched since Sharpe left) and then you'd be like:

"Oh yea he does exist"

His cohost used to be that hot chick that looks like a chipmunk, but its like Mark Sanchez now? Bad QB, boring cohost is my opinion of him. My ex girlfriend said the show is what happens if Johnny Quest grew up and Hadji got tired of his ass, so he Quest stole his son and forced him to work on his sports show with him.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Colin Cowherd got cancelled for saying there are no good colleges in the Dominican Republic.

He has proven time and time again that he's willing to say something controversial if it's true.

Media is devoid of that kind of entertainment right now. It's all just cheerleading for the players (Dan Lebtard).

Mesousa

Banned
Colin Cowherd got cancelled for saying there are no good colleges in the Dominican Republic.

He has proven time and time again that he's willing to say something controversial if it's true.

Media is devoid of that kind of entertainment right now. It's all just cheerleading for the players (Dan Lebtard).
He said Baseball cant be complicated because 1/3rd of the athletes are Dominican. Nothing was said about colleges there.

Obviously you cant have someone saying that on Disney, which is why I think he has a latino cohost now. Gotta show "good"

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
He said Baseball cant be complicated because 1/3rd of the athletes are Dominican. Nothing was said about colleges there.

Obviously you cant have someone saying that on Disney, which is why I think he has a latino cohost now. Gotta show "good"

It was implied that the Dominican Republics education system wasn't very good. He was right, but you can't say that stuff because we're in the thin skin era.

Cowherd had a talent for coming at topics from unique angles. That's a rarity in the field.

Mesousa

Banned
It was implied that the Dominican Republics education system wasn't very good. He was right, but you can't say that stuff because we're in the thin skin era.

Cowherd had a talent for coming at topics from unique angles. That's a rarity in the field.
It was also implied that he was calling them low intelligence, which woulnt have flown on a Disney-owned network:messenger_tears_of_joy: even before the world turned PC.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It was also implied that he was calling them low intelligence, which woulnt have flown on a Disney-owned network:messenger_tears_of_joy: even before the world turned PC.
This is what he actually said...

A (true) nothing burger. The country was just starting to go insane with this stuff right around that time.

Last edited:

Mesousa

Banned
This is what he actually said...

A (true) nothing burger. The country was just starting to go insane with this stuff right around that time.

Yea it does sound a lot better with the context around it. A lot of the soundbites made it sound like he was just like:

"Yea these folks are retarded"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I'd go with Skip Bayless as the worst.
Skip at least knows he is a dogshit commentator and leans into with all his self deprecating memes and videos. So he is at least fun to hate.

Stephen A is just an asshole that yells really loud most of the time and then tries to appear legitimate by suddenly getting "serious" and then lays down some obvious takes as if they are brain blasts. He also can't stand when someone calls him out and gets all defensive.

Top Bottom