• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pathologic 2 - Announcement Trailer w/Gameplay [rebranded Kickstarter remake]

Despera

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qekTbTpUsFs

via email:

Hey everyone! My name is Alex Nichiporchik, I'm the producer of games like SpeedRunners, Party Hard, Punch Club, and Hello Neighbor. Today I bring some good news to the backers of Pathologic. I'll be producing the game from tinyBuild's side, as we've partnered up with Ice-Pick Lodge to help finish this gem.
This has been a while in the making, and we're finally ready to take the curtain off from where Pathologic is heading as a franchise, and what this means for the game you've Kickstarted.

First, the drill-down:
• What we referred to as Pathologic is now Pathologic 2 to avoid confusion between the original game, Pathologic Classic HD, The Marble Nest, Mor. Utopia, and so on
• tinyBuild partnered up with Ice-Pick Lodge to bring Pathologic 2 to market in 2018
• All original pledges are still in effect
• We're changing the development methodology to become more open, similar to what tinyBuild did with Hello Neighbor — allowing in-development access to game builds to fans who support the development

Full game is coming in 2018, alphas are coming sooner
In the good old days of game development, typically you'd get a publishing deal in place — receive funding from a publisher, and lock yourselves in for a couple of years until you ship something. Repeat every few years. It's clear this work method no longer works, not for us or for the industry as a whole. Releasing The Marble Nest gave Ice-Pick Lodge an insane amount of feedback, and after seeing what tinyBuild was able to achieve while being completely open with their fans about games like Party Hard, SpeedRunners, and Hello Neighbor, it was clear the dev process needed a change.
To be clear: tinyBuild is coming on board to help produce Pathologic 2, acting as a publishing partner.

About the game:

Pathologic 2 is an open world survival thriller set in a town that's being consumed by a deadly plague. Face the realities of a collapsing society as you make difficult choices in seemingly lose-lose situations. The plague isn't just a disease. You can't save everyone.

Get to know it, winning the affection of the locals and gaining allies, or try to carve your own path alone. Explore the Town, its inhabitants, and their traditions; fight both the plague itself and its victims; try to make a difference before the time runs out.

You only have 12 days.

Screenshots:

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

azRN0AG.png

9iSye6T.png

hwRwym6.png

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
What the fuck?! They took out the ability to play as the other two characters? Oh man they're cutting down the scope of the game big time... No good.

I always love getting updates from this game. Backed it day one and can't wait to see what they put out, Ice Pick Lodge is such a cool studio.

What the fuck?! They took out the ability to play as the other two characters? Oh man they're cutting down the scope of the game big time... No good.

If I remember correctly the stories described in the blurb are loosely all the motivations of the three different characters you could play as originally. Pretty sure they're all in the game.

Man I was blindsided for a second there lol. Maybe a title change to reflect that this is a rebranding is in order?

Anyways, I played the Classic HD version a couple months ago. Too afraid to proceed beyond Day 1 but I'll be damned if I did not love the experience.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm okay with them going into sequel territory rather than remake territory, they were basically doing a reimagining rather than a remake anyways so it makes sense to me and guessing as it was coming along it was becoming more and more its own thing.

Excited!

NewGame

Banned
I'm confused. Is this the remake rebranded as a sequel?

It is the original game remade with more expansions of the previous.

They were going to call it Pathologic again.

But they're going to call it Pathologic 2 now, because they're not jerks who name different things the same thing.

The 2 implies it's something else, but it's not. It's more like Pathologic Version 2.0

You still get to be 3 healers who run around a diseased town dealing with weird characters, super natural phenomena while trying to not starve or cough to death.

The original game had the problem of not having the resources to make the game they wanted, which is why it's a broken beauty. This version of the game hopes to fix that.

From what I've seen so far there's more modern design elements, but the game will still try to kill you for something you did or didn't do 2-4 hours ago. Hopefully this time it will politely remind you why.

gela94

Looked interesting till I realized it fp . . . I'm so tired that almost every horrorgame is fp now :messenger_loudly_crying:

KiteGr

The first was a trippy mindfuck of a game... But it's also flawed, frustrating and cheaply made.

This one seems to fair much MUCH better, and doesn't require much knowledge of the first one. I'll keep an eye out for it If I ever get money in my hands again...

I just cant find a reason to buy it no matter how much I look at it but at the same time I do want to play it. I heard you can die 10-20 hours in and have to restart the whole thing, is it true?

Top Bottom