• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pathologic remake standalone short game The Marble Nest free to download for everyone

Corpekata

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/app/505230/

New Trailer

It's the "demo" on the Steam page. Originally intended just for backers, the devs are turning it to the wild to get impressions from people that maybe aren't the cult fan the game already has.

Pathologic, if you have never heard of it, is a remake of a bizzare immersive sim set in a strange town where a plague is out of control. It gained notoriety back in the day when let's plays were typically text based. This remake aimes to fix a lot of issues, namely a very glaring broken English translation and things like improved walk speed. Here's the general kickstarter if you want more general info: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic

The Marble Nest is described by Icepick Lodge as a 2 hour mini-spinoff.

RPS thoughts on the demo
The new version of Ice-Pick Lodge's absurdist theatrical masterpiece won't be ready for release until Autumn but you can download a new build of the two hour Marble Nest demo, which was released to backers late last year. It's now free to everyone, in a new build, which you can download via Steam. I've played the previous build and it is everything I ever wanted from Pathologic: weird, unnerving, amusing and fantastically clever. It's the most delicious poison of all.

Just saw this and I'm downloading it, Pathologic is a great game imo and I've hyped for the upcoming remake. I love the new character designs.

GrayChild

Just finished the game/demo/spin-off for the first time.

Having played the original (but never completing it due to its multiple technical shortcomings), I was simply floored with this one and it is now one of my most wanted games this year.

Even though I got a bad ending on my first try, I'll remember the last scene as one of the most genuinely disturbing things I've seen. To add even more, the whole thing was completely unscripted and caught me off guard.

Played this last night. Never played pathologic before, was weird as fuck, but strangely appealing. Even though I had no clue what was going on, I wanted to push forward and keep investigating and talking to people.

Top Bottom