• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2015 Discussion Thread

Tawpgun

I had friends go to one in the fall I think and they loved it. It's basically a big party.

But their pretzels are so fucking God tier

Jhoan

So is there any interest in going out tonight and grabbing dinner?
Still down. In CT now en route. ETA is 6PM at this moment since there's no ice on the roads as we'd thought . I'm gonna leave my number in a quote to reveal in case anyone wants to hit me up since 4G/3 chugs battery. Plan is still to go to BCEC after I make touchdown to get my badge/shirt but I'll be free afterwards.

It was snowing a good amount in NYC but it stopped at 2.

Tom_Cody

A few questions from a PAX rookie to those with more experience:

-Are you guys planning to wear winter gear to get to the show (and wait to get in) and have it with you at the show all day? I imagine that the interior of the show will be somewhat hot and sweaty. Related to this, does anyone have experience using the coat check?

-What time are you guys planning to head to the show on Saturday morning? I typically line up very early before NYCC (like 3 hours before the doors open), but the official site seems to indicate that they heavily discourage this.

Sanjuro

-Are you guys planning to wear winter gear to get to the show (and wait to get in) and have it with you at the show all day? I imagine that the interior of the show will be somewhat hot and sweaty. Related to this, does anyone have experience using the coat check?

-What time are you guys planning to head to the show on Saturday morning? I typically line up very early before NYCC (like 3 hours before the doors open), but the official site seems to indicate that they heavily discourage this.

I've never used the coat check. Never wore a coat on the floor because it's hot as balls. Coat check lines look like shit, this year it'll probably be worse.

If you wake too early, you're stuck outside. The only benefit to being there super early is waiting in a line. If use show up at the time of, you are just in a fast moving line. Depending on the debauchery I find myself in the night prior, I just stroll in 30mins late.

I've never used the coat check. Never wore a coat on the floor because it's hot as balls. Coat check lines look like shit, this year it'll probably be worse.

If you wake too early, you're stuck outside. The only benefit to being there super early is waiting in a line. If use show up at the time of, you are just in a fast moving line. Depending on the debauchery I find myself in the night prior, I just stroll in 30mins late.

are you saying you stroll in at 10:30 or at 8:30 when the doors are open?

I'll have a light jacket but I can easily fold it up and carry. I haven't used the coat check before so I can't tell you that. I think I saw the PAX twitter say they'll check in boots too, but all that's run by the BCEC.

10:30-11 probably depending on how Friday night goes. The show/expo hall doesn't open until 10, so getting there earlier means you just wait in a giant line to get into the expo hall, or a line to get into one of the early panels.

10:30

Sanjuro

Depends on the type of person you are. If there is a panel, something you want to do ASAP, overwhelmed feelings of what to do, then get there early.

If you are just looking to stroll around, heck out a few panels. Get some coffee and stroll in at that time.

ShapeGSX

From the map in the PAX East app, it appears that they have increased the size of the main show floor, and have eliminated the food truck area in the back of the Queue room on the first floor. In fact, the queue room is now a lot smaller, and there is a tabletop gaming area behind it.

Falk

that puzzling face
You Boston cunts have no snow up here! Bastards.

It was chaos on the south coast.

It's actually Boston being an asshole on purpose. Give us a shit ton of snow which we then have to deal with, hit ~1.5 inches of the record snowfall, then not snow anymore just so that we don't actually break the record and have something worth talking about.

So, Sober and I are gonna meet up for dinner around 6:30-7. We're meeting in Chinatown, but haven't picked a place to eat yet if you want to join.

It's chaos here in CT.

If I meet you at PAX somehow, I'm gonna hug punch you. :p

#BanJNA

Frostburn

Even though JetBlue canceled our flight out of Richmond VA we made it to our hotel about 20 minutes ago via me driving. What's good tonight? PM me for contact info if needed!

Falk

that puzzling face
So, Sober and I are gonna meet up for dinner around 6:30-7. We're meeting in Chinatown, but haven't picked a place to eat yet if you want to join.

#BanJNA

If you're in Chinatown and don't have anything particular in mind yet, I can recommend Penang. It serves a bunch of Malaysian/Cantonese cuisine, and is probably the most authentic Malaysian place in MA.

If you're in Chinatown and don't have anything particular in mind yet, I can recommend Penang. It serves a bunch of Malaysian/Cantonese cuisine, and is probably the most authentic Malaysian place in MA.

It's like one of the only Malaysian places in the area, lol. I've only been there once but it can be a possibility.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's like one of the only Malaysian places in the area, lol. I've only been there once but it can be a possibility.

Sign me up if you're headed there lol

(I've been to virtually every Malaysian place so I'm not making that claim about authenticity out my ass)

JNA

Banned
Can we take turns stabbing you with glass bottles?!

I call green Rolling Rock bottle!

Typical Bostonian. Always resorting to violence over something as innocent as a hug.

Well you can take your best shot good sir! You wouldn't have a chance! XD

Fuck no. They're too young for this.

It's my love for my kids that tethers me to the impossibility of going out tonight. Fucking paternal instincts.

Well at least you're doing the right thing.

Sanjuro

You can always join up later

He's not even a Bostonian

How can you say such things!?

I'm feeling out the meet tonight. I kind of want to see the new Short Circuit movie, was debating doing that. Were you guys doing drinks afterwards?

Is it wrong that I like the greasy American Chinese food though?

I'm feeling out the meet tonight. I kind of want to see the new Short Circuit movie, was debating doing that. Were you guys doing drinks afterwards?

Son it's delicious.

No guarantee we're doing Chinese; it's just that the hostel we're meeting at is in Chinatown.

Also yes for drinks.

Jhoan

Reached MA. Where can I get some chowdah around heeyah? /Boston accent. The running joke in the car is chowdah. Really need to keep my ears pricked for the famous Boston accent this time around after seeing videos of D4.

naeS

So where is everyone meeting tonight?

My buddy and I are north of Chinatown, at Omni Parker House, just need to know where to walk to.

JNA

Banned
I'll be driving up to the Hotel and just sleep.

Better question is, what time yall getting up tomorrow? 0_0

I'll be driving up to the Hotel and just sleep.

Better question is, what time yall getting up tomorrow? 0_0

Heh. I should be in town at the gym around 7:30, right next to south station. After that if anyone wants to grab breakfast...

Top Bottom