• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 3 developer drops Denuvo from the game after fans request

Draugoth

Gold Member
Payday 3 is one such game that included Denuvo DRM, much to the dismay of fans, but developer Starbreeze Studios has now confirmed that it has been removed just days before the game is set to release.

"Hello heisters, we want to inform you that Denuvo is no longer in Payday 3," the developer wrote in a post on Steam on Friday. That's pretty much the whole message—short and to the point, and seemingly a win on the good will front, with the Steam post racking up 524 thumbs up on Steam so far and another 10,000 or so on Twitter.

Payday 3 is less than a week away from its September 21 release, and Starbreeze is clearly looking to roll into the launch with an excited community behind it. Two months ago a thread on the r/paydaytheheist subreddit called out the inclusion of Denuvo and the responses were characteristically negative. This afternoon, one of the game's developers responded to that thread to highlight that Denuvo has been removed.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Thats actually really good for the devs to do this. Games like this that require pin point precision and reflexes dont need something added which could cause even the slightest stuttering and dropped frames.

Paltheos

Cool. Payday 3 is on my friends' and my playlist. Good to hear. (We just need to finish all the Payday 2 DLC first lol)

Filben

This is good. Why some companies love to fuck 99% of legitimate owners because of 1% pirates is beyond me. Good Starbreeze changed their mind.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Gamer backlash actually works.

Now if we could convince Japanese PC gamers to get devs like Capcom & Sega to do the same....

Using denuvo in an always online game is very dumb idea as only legitimate copies can play online anyways, the few people who pirate it won't really enjoy the experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom