• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Quake 4 to be released in October

SantaC

Gold Member
After long waiting of the fans of the series, Raven Software announces today that version PC of its play Quake IV will unload Europe before the exit of Xbox 360. The firm thus confirms that Quake IV will be available for the end of October 2005 on PC, whereas the version Xbox 360 should unload a few weeks later.

Jeux France

That's earlier than I thought. I am excited in the multiplayer part.

Slo

I'm going to have to hold off until I get a faster processor. This 2100+ just isn't cutting it anymore. :-(

B0009Q1IE2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"They slowed Quake 4 down to make it more like Unreal, no sale for me."

Bullshit. The Q4 movie that was shown a few days ago was faster than *any* previous game.

wonderfuldays said:
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1834_en.html

Are you captured by alien for a week? :lol

I watched those videos. Its not nearly as fast as QUake 3. I've been playing Quake 3 all week, you're welcome to disagree with me, I mean thats what this board is all about. But, that is NOT as fast as the game used to be.

I'm just really scared that they are going to change it. Count me as just really concerned for his favotire Fragging game =)

SantaC

Gold Member
Teknopathetic said:
"They slowed Quake 4 down to make it more like Unreal, no sale for me."

Bullshit. The Q4 movie that was shown a few days ago was faster than *any* previous game.

this is true

Daigoro

flarkminator said:
I watched those videos. Its not nearly as fast as QUake 3. I've been playing Quake 3 all week, you're welcome to disagree with me, I mean thats what this board is all about. But, that is NOT as fast as the game used to be.

I'm just really scared that they are going to change it. Count me as just really concerned for his favotire Fragging game =)

its a different game. Q3 was Q3, Q2 was Q2, etc.

when the demo comes out give it a good run. then make your decision.

Daigoro said:
its a different game. Q3 was Q3, Q2 was Q2, etc.

when the demo comes out give it a good run. then make your decision.

Oooo trust me, my palms are sweaty with anticipation!!

EXCELLENT..*quivers* I can't wait to kill people..is that wrong?

BenT

Teknopathetic said:
I call BS on your BS. I sincerely doubt that is true.

I watched one of the multiplayer videos and it looked comparable to Quake III, maybe slower. It's certainly not as fast as Quake 1 or, gods above, Doom.

Daigoro

flarkminator said:
Oooo trust me, my palms are sweaty with anticipation!!

EXCELLENT..*quivers* I can't wait to kill people..is that wrong?

now we're talkin.

say no sale after your 40+ hr demo marathon.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Source? Or just personal opinion.

The Xbux Three $ixty version has fewer polygons than the PC version, according to Todd Hollingstead:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3142747

Another nice surprise is at Quakecon was that we got a quick one-level walkthrough of Quake 4 for the Xbox 360. Now, before we get into it, we need to point out that this is still relatively early in development. Hollenshead has said that the Xbox 360 version is using all of the same assets as the PC version, but running at a slightly lower poly count.

Hooker

Quake is a fucking twitchshooter... how the hell you you want to play a twitch shooter on a gamepad.

Of course the PC version will be better!!

bee

the only reason quake 4 might look a little slow in the vid's released is cos its runnin at the stock 90 fov,go and play q3 on 90 fov then try 110 or something,huge difference,/cg_fov is the command.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
fiddlestick said:
mouse + keyboard >>>> controller

In that respect your right. But we don't know if the 360 version will or won't support mouse and keyboard although my gut says it won't which will be a shame.

I think the 360 version has got the chance to look and sound better though. Heres hoping.

Kolgar

I was at a club tonight and saw an acquaintance of mine who's working on Quake 4.

360 version's gonna be out later than the PC one, but then, you probably already knew that. Did I mention I was at a club? And drinking?

Anyway, Quake 4 am get!

blackadde

cyberheater said:
In that respect your right. But we don't know if the 360 version will or won't support mouse and keyboard although my gut says it won't which will be a shame.

I think the 360 version has got the chance to look and sound better though. Heres hoping.

I thought MS explicitly stated that KB/Mouse support would be absent for games?

Good, then I shall be enjoying the 360 version when it should come out in November or December(if there are delays)... the Xbox 1 Doom 3 expansion should hold me over till then.

Dave Long

Banned
They've said they're shooting for more of a Quake II feel so I wouldn't expect the game to be quite as fast as Quake III Arena. Nothing wrong with that. Quake II was hot stuff too.

Rlan

I doubt it'll end up running on my computer, but once Rocket Arena 4 makes it's way through, I may have to upgrade :)

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
One thing for sure, I will be all over a Q4 Jailbreak/POW mod. I'll even make some more maps for it like I did for the Quake 3 version. :D

Top Bottom