• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide for Xbox Series launches October 4

Schmendrick

Good news the developer just announced that they need to make it worse.

W2XTJxJ.jpg

Oh no... the prior cosmetics where sold too cheaply, we need to increase the price of the new ones because they take sooooooooooooo long to make, what you want a 3rd free armor set to earn by playing the game? FUCK YOU, YOU ENTITLED LITTLE SHIT YOU ONLY PAID £60 FOR THIS GAME"
Sometimes the satire really writes itself. Holy shit....
Guess I'll never reinstall that game.. Fuck those Devs.

Last edited:
So much salt and negativity here lol...

Sure, the monetization is a step back compared to Vermintide, but I never bought a single cosmetic in that one and never will in this one either, my ogryn doesn't need to look flashy to take on heretics; and between the ones you get from penances and the ones bought with in-game credits, there's no real reason to buy any premium cosmetics, unless you want to look like a wehraboo Krieger.

The last patch made things super fun, the skill trees are great (but will obviously need some tuning), and my ogryn loves his rock. Weapons that were clearly under-tuned, like chain weapons or shovels, finally feel worth using, and the game has never been in a better spot. New XBox players are in for a hell of a time!

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Oh god it just keeps getting better, apparently because it's on gamepass to try and get people to buy the actual game they are giving them an additional amount of premium currency if they purchase on xbox.

The issue? It's 14,000 which is like 50 dollars worth more if they buy the deluxe, to put it in perspective PC and steam players get 2500 if they buy the deluxe edition and none for the regular.

When this was brought up as unfair for long term players who beta tested their unfinished and feature missing game for the last year they where told to stop being a bunch of pearl clutchers, resulting in memes like.

ADNrnWi.png

Fatshark are truly epic in how badly they think of their community, waiting for the 4th reskin of the same shit helmet as a "reward" for the community, the helmet that even a year later still clips through characters faces.

qfICzu8.png

Last edited:
Oh god it just keeps getting better, apparently because it's on gamepass to try and get people to buy the actual game they are giving them an additional amount of premium currency if they purchase in xbox.

The issue? It's 14,000 which is like 50 dollars worth more if they buy the deluxe, to out it in perspective PC and steam players get 2500 if they buy the deluxe edition and none for the regular.

When this was brought up as unfair for long term players who beta tested their unfinished and feature missing game for the last year they where told to stop being a bunch of pearl clutches, resulting in memes like.

ADNrnWi.png

Fatshark are truly epic in how badly they think of their community, waiting for the 4th reskin of the same shit helmet as a "reward" for the community, the helmet that even a year later still clips through characters faces.

qfICzu8.png
Microsoft must have been very generous if they're willing to give that many Aquila...

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Microsoft must have been very generous if they're willing to give that many Aquila...
I mean it literally costs fatshark nothing since it's a made up magic currency sold to try and hide the actual cost of items.

My fav fact is the new cosmetics that they increased the price of because they are "higher quality" and "took more time to make" have multiple clipping issues, parts float off the armor, the mask clips through the coat seams of the same armor set and even something as obvious as the fucking candle lights not matching up to the candles on the set.

DTACQZF.jpg

This ain't some temporary glitch, they literally moddled it wrong, claimed they took more time to perfect it so they needed to increase the price and then released it like this.

They also removed the included weapon skin (they sold it separately when they used to be included in prior packs) so really the cost is even higher.

Fatshark keep digging themselves deeper. It's a real shame because I want to keep playing, but its so unrewarding. Player numbers are going to drop to below Vermintide 2 numbers again very quickly.

They have had a year, they have given the community the worst looking cosmetic set for free, 2 reskinned versions of the beta reward helmet (that still clip through faces) 3 new missions, handful of different weapon varients (around 5) and over 20 new premium cosmetic sets per class, the priority is obvious.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Tried this today, the game performs great but crashes constantly on my PC, actually hilarious, it even froze my pc a couple times and gave me a BSOD after clicking exit game when I was getting off for the night.

Its a fun game and I would like to play it more but its in a very poor state so imma uninstall.

bender

What time is it?
Played some on Series X the last few days. I hope that someday another game captures the magic feeling that L4D did but this doesn't seem to be it, sadly.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Played some on Series X the last few days. I hope that someday another game captures the magic feeling that L4D did but this doesn't seem to be it, sadly.

Out of interest did you try their prior game Vermintide 2?

I felt like that one was the closest out of all the coop games I have played.

Tried this today, the game performs great but crashes constantly on my PC, actually hilarious, it even froze my pc a couple times and gave me a BSOD after clicking exit game when I was getting off for the night.

Its a fun game and I would like to play it more but its in a very poor state so imma uninstall.

In an hilarious twist you might find you have your graphics settings too low. It will depend on your CPU, but Darktide is extremely CPU intensive, through really bad optimisation when you select lower level graphics it takes that off your GPU and puts the simpler stuff onto your CPU instead.

So depending on your CPU (and also what the BSOD error message log points you towards) you might need to increase your graphics setting to stop this from happening.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Out of interest did you try their prior game Vermintide 2?

I felt like that one was the closest out of all the coop games I have played.

In an hilarious twist you might find you have your graphics settings too low. It will depend on your CPU, but Darktide is extremely CPU intensive, through really bad optimisation when you select lower level graphics it takes that off your GPU and puts the simpler stuff onto your CPU instead.

So depending on your CPU (and also what the BSOD error message log points you towards) you might need to increase your graphics setting to stop this from happening.

7800x3d
Zotac 4080
32 GB DDR5 6000mhz cl30 ram.

The game was actually running at 150-165fps with frame gen on and dlss quality and super smooth, but it kept crashing. I was running it pretty much maxed out.

It crashed 3 times on the cutscene at the end of the prologue making me have to replay it each time, I managed to skip the cutscene before the crash and somehow got to load up into the hub right after.

One of the crashes made my screen get all fucked up with weird colors and restarted my PC.

Then it crashed when triggering a cutscene after talking to the weapons vendor.

Then it crashed while expectating one of my friends after I died.

Then I reloaded back into the game but my friends were done so I went into the menu and clicked quit game and the colors got all fucked up on my second monitor and it crashed into a BSOD that said "PAGE_FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA"

Seems crazy to me that I just played CP 2077 maxed out with path tracing for like 5 hours straight no issues but then this game is an inch away from exploding my pc lol

STARSBarry

Gold Member
7800x3d
Zotac 4080
32 GB DDR5 6000mhz cl30 ram.

The game was actually running at 150-165fps with frame gen on and dlss quality and super smooth, but it kept crashing. I was running it pretty much maxed out.

It crashed 3 times on the cutscene at the end of the prologue making me have to replay it each time, I managed to skip the cutscene before the crash and somehow got to load up into the hub right after.

One of the crashes made my screen get all fucked up with weird colors and restarted my PC.

Then it crashed when triggering a cutscene after talking to the weapons vendor.

Then it crashed while expectating one of my friends after I died.

Then I reloaded back into the game but my friends were done so I went into the menu and clicked quit game and the colors got all fucked up on my second monitor and it crashed into a BSOD that said "PAGE_FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA"

Seems crazy to me that I just played CP 2077 maxed out with path tracing for like 5 hours straight no issues but then this game is an inch away from exploding my pc lol

yeah that should be fine (should be I heard the 7800X3D can overheat and go CRAZY but since I don't own one this is just shit I heard and haven't looked into it) only thing I can think of is the Nvidia drivers are having issues with chrome based apps, I actually crashed on Darktide with the last driver update on Tuesday I think (I just updated today) because I was looking at a youtube video and it started to get random black squares on my screen and then it crashed, this was a known issue with the prior driver version, hopefully todays updated drivers clears that up.

EDIT: Nope still an issue

Open Issues:

• [Halo Infinite] Significant performance drop is observed on Maxwell-based GPUs. [4052711] (no one plays Halo so who cares)
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

I mean, vermintide 2 is the dog's bollocks mate so...

Best L4D-like experience since, well, L4D ;)

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

yeah that should be fine (should be I heard the 7800X3D can overheat and go CRAZY but since I don't own one this is just shit I heard and haven't looked into it) only thing I can think of is the Nvidia drivers are having issues with chrome based apps, I actually crashed on Darktide with the last driver update on Tuesday I think (I just updated today) because I was looking at a youtube video and it started to get random black squares on my screen and then it crashed, this was a known issue with the prior driver version, hopefully todays updated drivers clears that up.

EDIT: Nope still an issue

Open Issues:

• [Halo Infinite] Significant performance drop is observed on Maxwell-based GPUs. [4052711] (no one plays Halo so who cares)
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]

Apparently capping the fps to 60 helps, I will also not have a chrome window on my second monitor and see how it goes.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
usBgaSk.jpg

Well as of Yesterday anyone who played on PC got a free cosmetic bundle (sorry console players) as a response to the Xbox getting like 60$ of premium currency where the PC players got nothing.

Despite stating multiple times that this bundle is a unique collection to thank PC players for beta testing the game for a year after they kicked off over xbox players getting free currency, all the lore and the fact is released on the games anniversary suggests they just repurposed something that was going to all players for the anniversary and just made it so none of the xbox players got it instead. Sorry console users, but we where angling to get the same free currency you did, not some repurposed anniversary skins.

Part II of the anniversary update is due out any day now... and combined it's pretty barren so far, anouther new map and data mined at launch stim system that has been sitting in the game files since launch are being toggled on. Some new weapon "varients" rather actual new weapons.

Overall I like the free cosmetics but for a big anniversary update something just feels lacking still, which is this games problem really.

Always feels like they needed something more...

Last edited:
Top Bottom