• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentiment Will Get A Physical Release from Limited Run Games (Switch, Xbox, PS5)

Box art looks cool.

Pentiment_MockUp_Market_Banner_Standard_7c9ab7c0-1806-42c6-b372-508c68c35c23.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As with anything LRG - Fuck them.

I will pick it up second hand in 2 years when they actually start shipping the games.
My thought exactly. Would have happily pre-ordered a physical Switch copy of the game, but not from these turds.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like that LRG brings physical to games that wouldn't otherwise have it, but at the same time I feel like this sort of thing existing further discourages the publishers to do it themselves as opposed to farming it out to LRG it whatever.

I'm 10x more likely to check something out if it has a physical release. I hate that it's fading away.
Unfortunately it seems pretty inevitable at this point that physical games will die soon, when a company the size of Microsoft doesn't want to manufacture physical disks for their games and instead relies on a third party company to do it for them. We will probably see more and more of this, until the console manufacturers just straight up stop making consoles with disc drives or cartridge slots all together.

So Microsoft are contracting out their physical print distribution too, eh? Guess you've got 18 months to buy a disc or cart xD.

Unfortunately it seems pretty inevitable at this point that physical games will die soon, when a company the size of Microsoft doesn't want to manufacture physical disks for their games and instead relies on a third party company to do it for them. We will probably see more and more of this, until the console manufacturers just straight up stop making consoles with disc drives or cartridge slots all together.

Don't conflate Microsoft's business with Sony or Nintendo's. The latter still heavily rely on physical as it still comprises a decent chunk of their software sales (especially in Nintendo's case).

Both B2P sales in general and physical sales are healthy on those other two platforms; that isn't the case with Xbox hence this expanded multiplatform initiative and them scaling back on physical disc prints. Dunno why people have to rope in other platforms and suggest it's "the industry's" problem when it's really just specific to Xbox :/

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

So Microsoft are contracting out their physical print distribution too, eh? Guess you've got 18 months to buy a disc or cart xD.

Don't conflate Microsoft's business with Sony or Nintendo's. The latter still heavily rely on physical as it still comprises a decent chunk of their software sales (especially in Nintendo's case).

Both B2P sales in general and physical sales are healthy on those other two platforms; that isn't the case with Xbox hence this expanded multiplatform initiative and them scaling back on physical disc prints. Dunno why people have to rope in other platforms and suggest it's "the industry's" problem when it's really just specific to Xbox :/
Nintendo absolutely dominates every Walmart or Best Buy I go into with their massive selection of new and old Switch games. It’s been a pain trying to find any Xbox games in stores.

Top Bottom