• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentiment Reportedly Runs Better on PlayStation 5 than on the Xbox Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
pentiment-820x394.jpg

According to reddit users, Pentiment runs better on PlayStation 5 than on Xbox, as the PS5 version of the game supports up to 120 FPS, while the Xbox version only supports 60 FPS.

The user who shared this information even jokes about it, because in games like Pentiment, the frame rate doesn't matter much, but he claims that if you have a TV with VRR, the game's FPS reaches 120.

Pentiment isn't a game where frame rate matters, but I found it quite funny,"

Said the user

When you start the game on a PS5, it activates the 120hz mode on your TV.

Now, I know that hz are not fps, but the PS5 only activates the mode if the game has been programmed for HFR mode (high frame rate) or the 40fps mode we see in some games. I can't check the frame rate on my TV, but it looks like the game is running in HFR mode at over 60 FPS, so up to 120fps.

I'm waiting for Digital Foundry to check the game and confirm what it's running at and maybe question why all Xbox consoles only run it at 60fps."

A frame-by-frame analysis of the Reddit user’s off-screen video captures indicates that Pentiment can indeed be made to run at a higher frame rate on PS5, as the video captured at 120 Hz updates the content exactly twice as fast as the one captured at 60 Hz. Both the 60 fps (top) and the 120 fps (bottom) videos can be seen below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom