• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who like to read: Circuit City application help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

OK, I'm planning on applying to my local circuit city, vut they have this huge agreement I have to sign. I'm not really following it, and I don't want to fuck myself somehow.

Someone want to skim through this to me and explain it, please? Thanks a lot.

If you wish to be considered for employment you must read and sign the following agreement. You will be considered as an applicant when you consent to the Agreement. Included with this application is the Circuit City Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures. You should familiarize yourself with these rules and procedures prior to signing the Agreement. You will note that if you consent at this time you do have three (3) days to withdraw your consent. You may, of course, take the package with you and return with it signed, if you wish to continue your application process.

CIRCUIT CITY DISPUTE RESOLUTION AGREEMENT

I recognize that differences possibly may arise between Circuit City Stores, Inc. and me during my application or employment with Circuit City (Circuit City Stores, Inc. includes affiliate companies such as Patapsco Designs and FNANB). I recognize that it is in the interest of both Circuit City and me that disputes be resolved in a manner that is fair, private, expeditious, economical, final and less burdensome or adversarial than court litigation. Circuit City has an effective Open Door Policy, and I will try to take advantage of it where feasible. I understand, however, that not all issues can be resolved using the Open Door Policy.

Except as set forth below, both Circuit City and I agree to settle any and all previously unasserted claims, disputes or controversies arising out of or relating to my application or candidacy for employment, employment and/or cessation of employment with Circuit City, exclusively by final and binding arbitration before a neutral Arbitrator. By way of example only, such claims include claims under federal, state and local statutory or common law, such as the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, including the amendments of the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medial Leave Act, the law of contract and law of tort.

I understand that if I do file a lawsuit regarding a dispute arising out of or relating to my application or candidacy for employment, employment or cessation of employment, Circuit City may use this Agreement in support of its request to the court to dismiss the lawsuit and require me instead to use arbitration.

I understand that I still may exercise my rights under the National Labor Relations Act and file charges with the National Labor Relations Board. I further understand that I still may file administrative charges with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or similar federal, state or local agency, but that upon receipt of a right-to-sue letter or similar administrative determination, I shall arbitrate any claim that I may have against Circuit City.

I understand that I must file a claim for arbitration within one (1) year of the day on which I know or, through reasonable diligence, should have known of the facts giving rise to my claim. I further agree that if I commence an arbitration, it will be conducted in accordance with the "Circuit City Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures".

I understand that neither this Agreement nor the Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures form a contract of employment between Circuit City and me. I further understand that my signature to this Agreement in no way guarantees that Circuit City will offer me employment. If Circuit City does offer me employment and I become employed at Circuit City, this Agreement in no way alters the "at-will" status of my employment. I understand that my employment, compensation and terms and conditions of employment can be altered or terminated, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either Circuit City or myself. I understand that no store manager or representative of Circuit City, other than an Officer of Circuit City at the level of Vice President or above, has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specific duration, to make any agreement contrary to the foregoing or to alter the Circuit City Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures.

The Dispute Resolution Agreement and the Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures affect your legal rights. By signing this Agreement, you acknowledge receipt of the Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures. You may wish to seek legal advice before signing this Dispute Resolution Agreement.

I have read this Agreement and understand that I should read the Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures over the next few days.

I understand that I may withdraw my consent to this Agreement within three (3) days from the date on which I sign below by notifying the Applicant Screening Department in writing (including my Social Security Number and the address of the place at which I applied for employment) that I am withdrawing my application for employment at Circuit City. The address for the Applicant Screening Department is:

Circuit City Stores, Inc.

Applicant Screening Department

9954 Mayland Drive

Richmond, VA 23233

I understand that by so notifying the Applicant Screening Department, I will not be bound to this Agreement and that I no longer will be eligible for employment at Circuit City. I recognize that if I sign the Agreement and do not withdraw within three days of signing I will be required to arbitrate, as explained above, employment-related claims which I may have against Circuit City, whether or not I become employed by Circuit City.

This Agreement will be enforceable throughout the application process, my employment, and thereafter with respect to any such claims arising from or relating to my application or candidacy for employment, employment or cessation of employment with Circuit City. We then must arbitrate all such employment-related claims, and we may not file a lawsuit in court.

Circuit City agrees to consider this Employment Application and to follow this Dispute Resolution Agreement and the Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures in connection with the Associate who consents below.

AGREED:

Jeffrey S. Wells

Senior Vice President, Human Resources

Circuit City Stores, Inc

RULE 1. PURPOSE

Circuit City (the Company) has established an employment dispute resolution procedure, culminating in formal arbitration, designed to provide a fair, private, exclusive, expeditious, final and binding means for resolving legal disputes arising out of, or relating to, employment with Circuit City, without the need for litigation in federal, state or local courts. These Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures govern arbitrations held pursuant to the Circuit City Dispute Resolution Agreement, whether brought by an Associate or by Circuit City. The term "Associate" includes applicants, employees and former employees. These Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures are written to guide an Associate through the arbitration process; however, they apply with full force and effect to both Associates and Circuit City.

RULE 2. CLAIMS SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION

Except as otherwise limited herein, any and all employment-related legal disputes, controversies or claims arising out of, or relating to, an Associate's application or candidacy for employment, employment or cessation of employment with Circuit City or one of its affiliates shall be settled exclusively by final and binding arbitration before a neutral, third-party Arbitrator selected in accordance with these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures. Arbitration shall apply to any and all such disputes, controversies or claims whether asserted against the Company and/or against any employee, officer, alleged agent, director or affiliate company.

All previously unasserted claims arising under federal, state or local statutory or common law shall be subject to arbitration. Merely by way of example, these claims include, but are not limited to, claims arising under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, including the amendments of the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), 42 U.S.C. § 1981, as amended, including the amendments of the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), state discrimination statutes, state statutes and/or common law regulating employment termination, the law of contract or the law of tort; including, but not limited to, claims for malicious prosecution, wrongful discharge, wrongful arrest/wrongful imprisonment, and intentional/negligent infliction of emotional distress or defamation. Statutory or common law claims alleging that Circuit City retaliated or discriminated against an Associate shall be subject to arbitration.

Claims by Associates for state employment insurance (e.g., unemployment compensation, worker's compensation, worker disability compensation) or under the National Labor Relations Act shall not be subject to arbitration.

RULE 3. DISMISSAL/STAY OF COURT PROCEEDINGS

By signing the Dispute Resolution Agreement, an Associate agrees to resolve through arbitration all claims described in or contemplated by Rule 2. If an Associate files a lawsuit in court to resolve claims subject to arbitration, the Associate agrees that the court shall dismiss the lawsuit and require the Associate to arbitrate the dispute.

If an Associate files a lawsuit in court involving claims which are, and other claims which are not, subject to arbitration, the Associate agrees that the court shall stay litigation of the nonarbitrable claims and require that arbitration take place with respect to those claims subject to arbitration. The Associate further agrees that the Arbitrator's decision on the arbitrable claims, including any determinations as to disputed factual or legal issues, shall be entitled to full force and effect in any later court lawsuit or any nonarbitrable claims.

RULE 4. COMMENCEMENT OF ARBITRATION

a. PROCEDURE

An Associate shall commence an arbitration by filing the attached Arbitration Request Form with a required filing fee of $75 (made payable with a cashier's check or money order to Circuit City Stores, Inc.) to:

Arbitration Coordinator
9954 Mayland Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233-1464

The required filing fee may be waived based on demonstrated inability to pay. An Associate may obtain a Request for Waiver of Filing Fee from the Arbitration Coordinator at the address above or by calling (804) 527-4000, ext. 8912.

Any Arbitration Request Form which is not accompanied by either the required filing fee or a Request for Waiver of Filing Fee will NOT be accepted and will be returned to the Associate.

b. TIME LIMITS

i. FILING OF REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION

The "Circuit City Arbitration Request Form" shall be submitted not later than ONE YEAR after the date on which the Associate knew, or through reasonable diligence should have known, of the facts giving rise to the Associate's claim(s). The failure of an Associate to initiate an arbitration within the one-year time limit shall constitute a WAIVER with respect to that dispute relative to that Associate.

ii. "CIRCUIT CITY'S RESPONSE"

Within 21 calendar days of receipt of an Associate's Arbitration Request Form and either the accompanying filing fee or Request for Waiver of Filing Fee, the Company shall send the Company's Response to the Associate via first-class mail, postage prepaid, or hand delivery.

The Response, which also shall be mailed to the Associate's attorney if one has been retained, shall describe the Company's position regarding the allegations in the Associate's Arbitration Request Form.

c. NOTICE/OTHER FILINGS

All other communications, notices or filings, including discovery requests and responses, shall be in writing, and shall be deemed to have been given if (i) delivered by hand to a person of suitable age and discretion; or (ii) mailed first-class mail, postage prepaid, as follows:

If to Circuit City: (i)
Arbitration Coordinator
9954 Mayland Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233-1464; or

(ii) to the Company's attorney as designated in writing by the Company.

If to the Associate: (i) to the Associate's address of record as it appears on the Arbitration Request Form; or
(ii) to the Associate's attorney as designated in the Arbitration Request Form or later designated in writing by the Associate.

RULE 5. SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR

Circuit City and the Associate shall participate equally in the selection of an Arbitrator to decide the arbitration. Within 21 calendar days after the Company receives the Associate's Arbitration Request Form and the accompanying filing fee, National Arbitration and Mediation (NAM) or other Arbitrator and/or Arbitration Service as agreed to by the Parties shall be asked to provide a panel of seven (7) neutral arbitrators with experience deciding employment disputes. The Company and the Associate then shall have the opportunity to review the background of the arbitrators by examining the materials provided by the Arbitration Service. Within seven (7) calendar days after the panel composition is received, the Associate and the Company each shall inform the Arbitration Service which arbitrators the Parties find unacceptable for deciding the dispute. The Arbitration Service then will appoint an Arbitrator from among the named individuals the Parties found acceptable. If all arbitrators on the first panel furnished by the Arbitration Service are stricken by the parties as unacceptable for deciding the dispute, the Arbitration Service is authorized to furnish an additional panel, from which each Party may strike up to three (3) arbitrators. The Arbitration Service will then appoint an arbitrator from the remaining names.

RULE 6. TIME AND PLACE OF ARBITRATION

The arbitration hearing shall be held at the offices of, or location selected by, the Arbitration Service in the city nearest the location where the Associate was or sought to be employed with the Company, unless the Parties agree otherwise. If the Arbitration Service does not select an arbitration location within fifty (50) miles of the city of the Associate's last employment with the Company, the Associate and the Company shall designate a mutually amenable location at which to hold the arbitration.

The Parties and the Arbitrator shall make every effort to see that the arbitration is completed, and an award rendered, as soon as possible. There shall be no extensions of time or delays of an arbitration hearing except in cases where both Parties consent to the extension or delay, or where the Arbitrator finds such a delay or extension necessary to resolve a discovery dispute or other matter relevant to the arbitration.

RULE 7. REPRESENTATION

Both the Associate and the Company shall have the right to be represented by counsel.

RULE 8. DISCOVERY

a. INITIAL DISCLOSURE

Within fourteen (14) calendar days following the appointment of an Arbitrator, the Parties shall provide each other with copies of all documents (except for privileged documents that are protected from disclosure because they involve attorney-client, doctor-patient or other legally privileged or protected communications or materials) upon which they rely in support of their claims or defenses. Throughout the discovery phase, each Party is under a continuing obligation to supplement its disclosures as described above.

Upon request, the Associate shall be entitled to a copy of all documents (except privileged documents as described above) in the Associate's "PERSONNEL RECORDS FILE."

b. OTHER DISCOVERY

i. INTERROGATORIES/DOCUMENT REQUESTS

Each Party may propound up to 20 interrogatories (including subparts) to the opposing Party. Interrogatories are written questions asked by one Party to the other, who must answer under oath. Such interrogatories may include a request for all documents upon which the responding Party relies in support of its answers to the interrogatories. Answers to interrogatories must be served within 21 calendar days of receipt of the interrogatories.

ii. DEPOSITIONS

A deposition is a statement under oath that is given by one Party in response to specific questions from the other Party, and usually is recorded or transcribed by a court reporter. Each Party shall be entitled to take the deposition of up to three (3) individuals of the Party's choosing. The Party taking the deposition shall be responsible for all costs associated therewith, such as the cost of a court reporter and the cost of a transcript.

iii. ADDITIONAL DISCOVERY

Upon the request of any Party and a showing of SUBSTANTIAL NEED, the Arbitrator may permit additional discovery, but only if the Arbitrator finds that such additional discovery is not overly burdensome, and will not unduly delay conclusion of the arbitration.

c. DISCOVERY DISPUTES

The Arbitrator shall decide all disputes related to discovery. Such decisions shall be final and binding on the Parties. In ruling on discovery disputes, the Arbitrator shall be guided by the discovery rules contained in the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.

d. TIME FOR COMPLETION OF DISCOVERY

All discovery must be completed within ninety (90) calendar days after the selection of the Arbitrator, except for good cause shown. In order to expedite the arbitration, the Parties may initiate discovery prior to the appointment of the Arbitrator.

RULE 9. HEARING PROCEDURE

a. WITNESSES

Witnesses shall testify under oath, and the Arbitrator shall afford each Party a sufficient opportunity to examine its own witnesses and cross-examine witnesses of the other Party. Either Party may issue subpoenas compelling the attendance of any other person necessary for the issuing Party to prove its case.

i. SUBPOENAS

A Subpoena is a command to an individual to appear at a certain place and time and give testimony. A subpoena also may require that the individual bring documents when he or she gives testimony. The Arbitrator shall have the authority to enforce and/or cancel such subpoenas provided that such subpoenas are issued no less than 10 calendar days prior to the commencement of an arbitration hearing or deposition. The Party issuing the subpoena shall be responsible for the fees and expenses Associated with the issuance and enforcement of the subpoena, and with the attendance of the subpoenaed witness at the arbitration hearing.

ii. SEQUESTRATION

The Arbitrator shall ensure that all witnesses who will testify at the arbitration are not influenced by the testimony of other witnesses. Accordingly, the Arbitrator may sequester all witnesses who will testify at the arbitration, provided that the Arbitrator shall permit the Associate bringing the arbitration and the Company's designated representative to remain throughout the arbitration, even though they may or may not testify at the hearing.

b. EVIDENCE

The Parties may offer evidence that is relevant and material to the dispute and shall produce any and all non-privileged evidence which the Arbitrator deems necessary to a determination of the dispute. The Arbitrator need not specifically follow the Federal Rules of Evidence, although they may be consulted to resolve questions regarding the admissibility of particular matters.

c. BURDEN OF PROOF

An Associate has the burden of proving a claim or claims by a preponderance of the evidence. To prevail, an Associate must prove that the Company's conduct with respect to the Associate was a VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAW.

d. BRIEFING

Each Party shall have the opportunity to submit one pre-hearing brief and one post-hearing brief, which is a written statement of facts and law, in support of its position. Briefs shall be typed and shall be limited in length to 20 double-spaced pages.

Pre-hearing briefs may be submitted no later than ten (10) calendar days prior to a scheduled arbitration hearing. Post-hearing briefs may be submitted no later than twenty (20) calendar days after the Parties receive the transcript of the arbitration from the reporting service.

e. TRANSCRIPTION

The Parties may arrange for transcription of the arbitration by a certified reporter. The Parties shall share evenly the costs of the reporter and transcription, subject to the provisions of Rule 13 below.

f. CONSOLIDATION

i. CLAIMS

The Arbitrator shall have the power to hear as many claims as the Parties may have against one another consistent with Rule 2 of these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures. The Arbitrator may hear additional claims that were not mentioned in the Arbitration Request Form, provided the Party adding claims notifies the other Party at least 30 calendar days prior to a scheduled arbitration, the additional claims are timely as of the date on which they were added and the other Party is not prejudiced in its defense by such addition.

ii. PARTIES

The Arbitrator shall not consolidate claims of different Associates into one proceeding, nor shall the Arbitrator have the power to hear an arbitration as a class action (a class action involves an arbitration or lawsuit where representative members of a large group who claim to share a common interest seek relief on behalf of the group).

g. CONFIDENTIALITY

All aspects of an arbitration pursuant to these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures, including the hearing and record of the proceeding, shall be confidential and shall not be open to the public, except (i) to the extent both Parties agree otherwise in writing; (ii) as may be appropriate in any subsequent proceeding between the Parties, or (iii) as may otherwise be appropriate in response to a governmental agency or legal process.

All settlement negotiations, mediations, and the results thereof shall be confidential.

RULE 10. SUBSTANTIVE CHOICE OF LAW

The Arbitrator shall apply the substantive law of the State in which the Associate is, was or sought to be predominantly employed. For claims arising under federal law, the Arbitrator shall follow the substantive law applicable to the United States District Court for the District in which the Associate is or was predominantly employed.

RULE 11. ARBITRATOR AUTHORITY

The Arbitrator shall conduct the arbitration and shall have the authority to render a decision in accordance with these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures, and in a manner designed to promote rapid and fair resolution of disputes. To that end, seven (7) days prior to the scheduled arbitration hearing, the Parties shall participate in a telephone conference with the Arbitrator. Where a Party has challenged the legal sufficiency of an asserted claim or defense in a pre-hearing brief, each Party may be heard. A Party making such a challenge should file the pre-hearing brief as early as possible to permit due consideration of the issue. The Arbitrator shall strike any legally deficient claim and/or defense by a ruling communicated to the Parties at lease five days prior to the scheduled arbitration hearing.

a. JURISDICTION

The Arbitrator's authority shall be limited to deciding the claims, counterclaims and defenses submitted for arbitration. Unless the Associate is subject to a contract providing for the employment of the Associate under specified terms or for a given duration, the Associate's employment remains alterable at the discretion of the Company and/or terminable at any time, at the will of either the Associate or the Company, with or without just cause. Accordingly, the Arbitrator shall have no authority to require that Circuit City have "just cause" to discipline or discharge an Associate or to change the terms and conditions of employment of an Associate unless specifically required by federal, state or local law, or as a remedy for a violation of applicable law by the Company with respect to the Associate.

b. SANCTIONS

The Arbitrator shall have the power to award sanctions against a Party for the Party's failure to comply with these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures or with an order of the Arbitrator. These sanctions may include assessment of costs, prohibitions of evidence, or, if justified by a Party's wanton or willful disregard of these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures, an adverse ruling in the arbitration against the Party who has failed to comply.

RULE 12. AWARD

Within 21 calendar days after receipt of post-hearing briefs, if any, the Arbitrator shall mail to the parties a written award specifying appropriate remedies, if any. In the Arbitrator's discretion, the award may include findings of fact and conclusions of law.

The Parties to an arbitration shall be provided with a copy of the Arbitrator's award. Other Associates who have agreed to arbitration may request copes of arbitration decisions in a given case. In cases where an arbitration decision is provided to an Associate who was not a Party to the particular arbitration, the Party-Associate's name shall be deleted from the arbitration decision unless the Party-Associate agrees otherwise in writing.

RULE 13. FEES AND EXPENSES

a. COSTS OTHER THAN ATTORNEY FEES

1. Definitions

Cost of an arbitration for which an Associate may be responsible, subject to the other provisions of this Rule, include filing or administrative fees charged by the Arbitration Service, the cost of a reporter who transcribes the proceeding, and expenses of renting a room in which the arbitration is held. Incidental costs include such items as photocopying or the costs of producing witnesses or proof.

2. Filing Fee/Costs of Arbitration

An Associate initiating an arbitration shall pay a filing fee of seventy-five ($75) made payable with a cashier's check or money order to Circuit City Stores, Inc., unless the filing fee is waived based on demonstrated inability to pay. Circuit City shall pay the daily or hourly fees of the Arbitrator who decides the case and shall advance the remainder of the costs of the arbitration. Each Party shall advance its own incidental costs. The Associate's liability for the costs and fees of arbitration, other than attorney fees, however, shall be limited to the higher of $500 or three percent (3%) of the Associate's most recent annual compensation at Circuit City.

3. Shifting of Costs

If the Associate prevails in arbitration, whether or not monetary damages or remedies are awarded, the filing fee shall be refunded to the Associate, and the Arbitrator may require that Circuit City pay the Associate's costs of Arbitration and incidental costs. If Circuit City prevails in arbitration, the Arbitrator may require the Associate to pay Circuit City's costs of arbitration and incidental costs, subject to the limitation set forth above.

4. Payment of Costs

The Parties shall pay all previously unpaid arbitration costs within ninety (90) calendar days of the issuance of the arbitration award.

If the Associate fails to pay, or fails to make arrangements to pay, within ninety (90) calendar days, and the Associate is still employed by the Company, Circuit City may deduct the amount owed from the Associate's paycheck. Such deduction may not exceed a rate of five percent (5%) of the Associate's compensation per pay period.

b. ATTORNEY FEES

The Arbitrator is authorized to award attorney's fees in accordance with applicable law. In the absence of an award, each Party shall be liable for its own attorney fees. Any award shall be reasonable in light of the amount and complexity of work involved in the arbitration, and in accordance with customary billing rates of attorneys in the geographic area in which the arbitration is held.

RULE 14. REMEDIES AND DAMAGES

If the Arbitrator finds for the Associate, the Arbitrator, in his discretion, may award appropriate relief in accordance with applicable law. If appropriate relief includes reinstatement, such reinstatement will be to the position of employment the Associate held or, if such reinstatement is impractical, to a comparable position at the location of the Associate's last employment. If reinstatement at the place of the Associate's last employment is not practical, reinstatement to a comparable position at Circuit City in the same general geographic market area.

RULE 15. SETTLEMENT

The Parties may settle their dispute at any time. Prior to closure of the arbitration hearing, the Parties may settle the case without involvement of the Arbitrator. Once the hearing has closed, settlement may take place only with approval of the Arbitrator.

At any point prior to the Arbitrator's issuance of an award, the Parties may, by agreement, refer their dispute to mediation before a mediator provided by the Arbitration Service.

RULE 16. ENFORCEABILITY

The Dispute Resolution Agreement and any award rendered pursuant to it shall be enforceable and subject to the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq., and the Uniform Arbitration Act of Virginia, 8.01-581.01 et seq., regardless of the State in which the arbitration is held or the substantive law applied in the arbitration.

RULE 17. APPEAL RIGHTS

The award rendered by the Arbitrator shall be final and binding as to both the Associate and the Company. Either Party may appeal the Arbitrator's decision to a court in accordance with the appeal procedures of the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq., or the Uniform Arbitration Act of Virginia, 8.01-581.01 et seq.

RULE 18. SEVERABILITY/CONFLICT WITH LAW

In the event that any of these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures agreed upon by the Parties is held to be in conflict with a mandatory provision of applicable law, the conflicting Rule or Procedure shall be modified automatically to comply with the mandatory provision of applicable law until such point as these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures may be modified in accordance with Rule 19 below. In the event of an automatic modification with respect to a particular Rule or Procedure, the remainder of these Rules and Procedures shall not be affected. An automatic modification of one of these Rules or Procedures shall be applicable only in the jurisdiction in which it is in conflict with a mandatory provision of law.

In all other jurisdictions, these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures shall apply in full force and effect.

RULE 19. TERMINATION OR MODIFICATION OF DISPUTE RESOLUTION AGREEMENT OR DISPUTE RESOLUTION RULES AND PROCEDURES

Circuit City may alter or terminate the Agreement and these Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures on March 1st of any year upon giving 30 calendar days written notice to Associates, provided that all claims arising before alteration or termination shall be subject to the Agreement and corresponding Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures in effect at the time the Arbitration Request Form and accompanying filing fee, or Request for Waiver of Filing Fee is received by the Company. Notice may be given by posting a written notice by February 1st of each year at all Circuit City locations (including locations of affiliated companies). A copy of the text of any modification to the Agreement or Rules and Procedures will be published in the Applicant Packet, which will be available at such locations after March 1st of each year.

Most of this is over my head. I've never seen anything like this on a job application before.

Ecrofirt

Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised if that's hidden away in there somewhere.

this shit is crazy, it just starts to fly over my head and I've got no idea what's going on as I read it.

Seeing as I went through this lengthy process (the personality test takes a part of your soul with it) that jumble of squiggles says you agree to not take them to court if you have a dispute and waive your right to do so.

SKluck

Banned
Yeah the personality (PDI) tests are so fucked up. The shit they ask is just OFF THE WALL. Stuff like did you have a happy childhood, or what parent you like better and such. At least the one I took. They've since gotten rid of that at my work.

Ripclawe

Banned
The gist of it is that if you have a dispute with CC, you are going to have hell to go thru to get it in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom