• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Reload sold 1,000,000 copies worldwide within its first week, becoming the fastest selling game in ATLUS history

LordCBH

GIF by ATLUS West

It’s a fucking kick ass remake.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m loving this game so well deserved!
I'm going be that guy and say I have never been able to get into persona and do not understand the appeal.
people like the combat, story, characters and stylish artstyle.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

But it didn't break the record set by Palworld! Ha! /s
So far Im loving the game. Has a much more enjoyable tone than the other Persona games. Still has some of the dark feel from the first persona and blue is one of my favorite colors lol
I'm having to alternate between in and Like a Dragon so it will be awhile before I complete either though.

Sakura

I imagine PC day one plus global release being a big factor here. Hard to guage whether it's really because it's increased in popularity or not.

I'm going be that guy and say I have never been able to get into persona and do not understand the appeal.
Which part is the most benign to you?

The high school aspect?
The anime-esque writing?
The social links?
The Tartarus Dungeon?
The turn based combat?

saintjules

Nice for them! I'm enjoying what I'm playing so far. I will say I think this only happened because people are hungry for Persona 6 and this is the next best thing to play while we're waiting.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nice for them! I'm enjoying what I'm playing so far. I will say I think this only happened because people are hungry for Persona 6 and this is the next best thing to play while we're waiting.
Personally I’m currently way more excited for Metaphor more than Persona 6.

Hashino is no longer making Persona games and I don’t know what new team is gonna do with P6 but Hashino’s new games is always exciting, especially the fact I highly enjoyed the new IP he made last time (Catherine).

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well, Persona 4 Remake is definitely coming then.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean its Persona with guns and kids going to school with them, it will appeal to the Americans more than others.

Edit: had to change my original comment about it not doing well on xbox, because it landed at like number 11 on xbox most played today, I have no idea why it took 5 days to show up when suicide squad released the same day and showed up immediately at like number 30.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Will wait for the complete version with rumored Answer DLC, but I'm glad to hear Persona 3 remake is successful

Astray

Will wait for the complete version with rumored Answer DLC, but I'm glad to hear Persona 3 remake is successful
I've personally learned to always wait for the complete/enhanced version with Atlus fare.

Will even skip P6 at launch to get P6R or whatever it's gonna be called.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
If i just played through Persona 3 Portable within the last year, is it worth playing this one......ie....enough changes, etc.....to make it worth it or no?

Top Bottom