• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Scramble PV 2

Definitely looks like the licensed musou with the most effort put in so far and it doesn't involve Team Ninja (Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors), colour me impressed.

For me, the best thing Persona 5 did was using SMT demons for enemies instead of the trash they had back in P3 and P4. Imagine making a musou game with those enemies...

Personally would have preferred SMT Musou but P5S is probably the only realistic way to get an official game where we can slay hordes of Jack Frosts and Pyro Jacks.

Also, Atlus is already getting greedy with preorder DLC that will be sold later for ¥300 per set. I assume they won't stop there; their DLC practises have been getting worse over the years.
mhAny6g.jpg

lachesis

I've never really been a fan of Mosou games - but I am very interested in this one! I wonder if this will have anything with Royal storyline - it doesn't seem that way.
I'm skipping Royale (not enough content to justify full purchase with 100+ hours of gaming time) - but this, I am definitely in!

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather play SMT for the fusion system (in fact i'm playing IV these days)

Besides that this looks very promising, although at the end of the day it is still a musou with a Persona 5 flavor and a new story. (which you know it will be extremely fanservice)

Last edited by a moderator:

kevin_trinh

Yep, its not DW with Persona skin, its WO with Persona skin :messenger_tears_of_joy: . The persona fusion is just some kind of weapon enhanced in all previous Warriors game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yep, its not DW with Persona skin, its WO with Persona skin :messenger_tears_of_joy: . The persona fusion is just some kind of weapon enhanced in all previous Warriors game.
Just like original game you have city to explore
persona-5-scramble-3-1.jpg

And it has lot mechanics from Persona to combat system. and base on the screenshot they kept calendar system from base game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

same as DW9 you have all the battefield to explore. And what mechanic? All i see is some Persona moveset and animation, not mechanic
There is baton pass, which I'm guessing when you switch between characters during battles and also Joker switch between persona/demons. I would say they are doing a lot more here comparer to other ones they did.

Last edited:

kevin_trinh

The exploration is based on Persona 5 which is not a musou game, though.

And what's the inherent problem?
By exploration you mean running in some map that has appeared in Persona game? DW Empire version has that from ages. I dont have any problem, just saying this game is a Warriors game with Persona skin.

Danjin44

To me this trailer showed they are doing much more than just DW with Persona skin.

Last edited:
By exploration you mean running in some map that has appeared in Persona game? DW Empire version has that from ages. I dont have any problem, just saying this game is a Warriors game with Persona skin.
Only that it's not a Persona skin. AFAIK, DW doesn't do social link events. Is there a DW equivalent of baton passes? And from the gameplay footage, there's plenty of verticality. Aren't the areas in DW usually open, flat fields?

Bkdk

Will probably get this, faster paced persona 5 sequel with some fast pace fun battle from omega force is a great collab. Though I wish they will let omega force to design a few new characters with P studio creating the backstory. Omega force’ character art team is simply one of the best all time.

kevin_trinh

Only that it's not a Persona skin. AFAIK, DW doesn't do social link events. Is there a DW equivalent of baton passes? And from the gameplay footage, there's plenty of verticality. Aren't the areas in DW usually open, flat fields?
DW has switch combo animation, same as baton passes. You have a launch atk when you switch between character. They are changing the map to make its feel more like a proper dungeon. But i doubt it will have "things" to explore. And yep, in case you don't play DW, it does has jump and climbing too.

DW has switch combo animation, same as baton passes. You have a launch atk when you switch between character. They are changing the map to make its feel more like a proper dungeon. But i doubt it will have "things" to explore. And yep, in case you don't play DW, it does has jump and climbing too.
And how vertical do you go in DW? How often is jump and climbing utilized? Are they used the exact same way as it's shown in the Scramble trailers? Persona is based in a city which inherently will involve more climbing. For example, in the Joker trailer, there are parts where it becomes 2D platformer very similar to Nier Automata. Meanwhile, the areas in DW tend to be more open field.

There's also the social link aspect that you did not address.

kevin_trinh

And how vertical do you go in DW? How often is jump and climbing utilized? Are they used the exact same way as it's shown in the Scramble trailers? Persona is based in a city which inherently will involve more climbing. For example, in the Joker trailer, there are parts where it becomes 2D platformer very similar to Nier Automata. Meanwhile, the areas in DW tend to be more open field.

There's also the social link aspect that you did not address.
The main point is things you have in the map, not how you travel through the map. Both Scramble trailer did not show what type of interaction i can have in the map. DW Empire version has some kind of social link too. When you pair with a general enough time they will unlock some dialogue

Last edited:
The main point is things you have in the map, not how you travel through the map. Both Scramble trailer did not show what type of interaction t can have in the map. DW Empire version has some kind of social link too. When you pair with a general enough time they will unlock some dialogue
Yeah, let's ignore how you travel through the map because that ruins the notion that Persona 5 Scramble is a DW game with Persona skin. If the map is not traversed the same way, then that is, by definition, not a "skin". Skin means at the surface level. For Scramble to be a DW with Persona 5 skin, the game would play nearly identical to traditional DW games with Persona characters. So not only is there more verticality in Scramble, you also have portions where the game switches to the 2D platformer perspective. I guess we should call it a Nier Automata game with Persona skin, then if we go by your definition.

"Some kind" is way too loose of a comparison since Persona 5's social links don't work by how much your pair with a character. If Scramble works similarly to the base game, which is likely, you don't need to unlock the dialogue. The scene where you see Makoto and Joker alone in the ferris wheel also suggests the return of dating mechanics. There was also gameplay footage where like in the base game, you have the option to choose different dialogues. And since the PV's suggest the return of social link and dating events, these scenes will likely work similarly to those in Persona 5. So again, they're not the same. The only similarity is you talk with another character. That's something you see in most games and is not a DW thing.

All weapon enhancement does is raise its stats. Persona fusion raises stats, allows you to carry over abilities from the fusees, allows you to learn new abilities with your fused persona, and may change the your elemental affinities.

Last edited:

kevin_trinh

Yeah, let's ignore how you travel through the map because that ruins the notion that Persona 5 Scramble is a DW game with Persona skin. If the map is not traversed the same way, then that is, by definition, not a "skin". Skin means at the surface level. For Scramble to be a DW with Persona 5 skin, the game would play nearly identical to traditional DW games with Persona characters. So not only is there more verticality in Scramble, you also have portions where the game switches to the 2D platformer perspective. I guess we should call it a Nier Automata game with Persona skin, then if we go by your definition.

"Some kind" is way too loose of a comparison since Persona 5's social links don't work by how much your pair with a character. If Scramble works similarly to the base game, which is likely, you don't need to unlock the dialogue. The scene where you see Makoto and Joker alone in the ferris wheel also suggests the return of dating mechanics. There was also gameplay footage where like in the base game, you have the option to choose different dialogues. And since the PV's suggest the return of social link and dating events, these scenes will likely work similarly to those in Persona 5. So again, they're not the same. The only similarity is you talk with another character. That's something you see in most games and is not a DW thing.
Except the core gameplay is the same as DW, some minor change does not make it not a skin. And i dont belive Omega Force will bring the same link system from Persona to this game, just some sort of reskin. Both trailer prove that.
Character bond:

All out atk:

Persona fusion:

Last edited:
Except the core gameplay is the same as DW, some minor change does not make it not a skin.
Traversal is not the same nor is the gameplay is the same. DW is relatively flat whereas Scramble has more verticality.

Weapon fusion is not the same as persona fusion. You carry over abilities and those abilities have different types (spend HP for physical or SP for elemental) and elements (nuclear, psi, fire, ice, etc.). When you select your abilities during battle, the action pauses similar to FFVII Remake or FFXII. And again, you failed to address the 2D platformer perspective.

Your "It's only a skin" claim only works if you acknowledge all the differences I point out and explain how they are identical or nearly identical.

And i dont belive Omega Force will bring the same link system from Persona to this game, just some sort of reskin. Both trailer prove that.
Character bond:

All out atk:

I see no dialogue options in the 1st video other than the "domestic, military, and diplomacy" part, though I hardly call that dialogue. That's more "How do you want to allocate your skill points?" sort of deal. And again, PV2 suggests that dating mechanics are back which is different from the interaction events you describe from DW.

It's the same, except for this thing... and this thing... and that thing...

Last edited:

Danjin44

Persona fusion:

WTF!!? How is that same as demon fusion!? you are really reaching here, Demons in scramble for most part has same function as base game, to do different spell and skill to explore enemy and boss’s weakness during the battle.

kevin_trinh

Traversal is not the same nor is the gameplay is the same. DW is relatively flat whereas Scramble has more verticality.

Weapon fusion is not the same as persona fusion. You carry over abilities and those abilities have different types (spend HP for physical or SP for elemental) and elements (nuclear, psi, fire, ice, etc.). When you select your abilities during battle, the action pauses similar to FFVII Remake or FFXII. And again, you failed to address the 2D platformer perspective.

Your "It's only a skin" claim only works if you acknowledge all the differences I point out.

I see no dialogue options in the 1st video other than the "domestic, military, and diplomacy" part, though I hardly call that dialogue. That's more "How do you want to allocate your skill points?" sort of deal. And again, PV2 suggests that dating mechanics are back which is different from the interaction events you describe from DW.

It's the same, except for this thing... and this thing... and that thing...
You don't know how Persona workout in P5S yet and you said like it will be the same as the original? The trailer only show the fushion scene, how the hell do you know it will work like the original? Same as dating mechanic or else. The only "not a skin" point is how they change the map to make it look like a proper dungeon.

WTF!!? How is that same as demon fusion!? you are really reaching here, Demons in scramble for most part has same function as base game, to do different spell and skill to explore enemy and boss’s weakness during the battle.
I bet it will be just buff/debuff on hit, some limited extra skill similar to Unique Magic in WO 4

Last edited:

Danjin44

You don't know how Persona workout in P5S yet and you said like it will be the same as the original? The trailer only show the fushion scene, how the hell do you know it will work like the original? Same as dating mechanic or else. The only "not a skin" point is how they change the map to make it look like a proper dungeon.

I bet it will be just buff/debuff on hit, some limited extra skill similar to Unique Magic in WO 4
Didnt you see the demon's skill set in the trailer!?
RV8swUl.jpg

How else are Makoto and Joker alone in the ferris wheel? Story cutscene? Knowing the series, that's clearly a dating scene meaning you can choose (not unlock) who to hang out with on a date.

And now you're just ignoring the gameplay counterexamples. Your persona fusion example is laughably off as the enhancements from weapon fusion are passive. The abilities you gain from persona fusion are active. There's nothing from OW that has anything similar to physical and SP abilities. The weapons don't have resistances, immunities, and weaknesses. Persona do.

"It's just a skin" is a completely laughable claim. The fact that you have failed to address the several counterexamples shows how little you actually pay attention to what has been shown from Scramble's trailers thus far.

and what scene the character using it?
This question has no bearing on whether Scramble is just a "skin" or not.

Last edited:

kevin_trinh

How else are Makoto and Joker alone in the ferris wheel? Story cutscene? Knowing the series, that's clearly a dating scene meaning you can choose (not unlock) who to hang out with on a date.

And now you're just ignoring the gameplay counterexamples. Your persona fusion example is laughably off as the enhancements from weapon fusion are passive. The abilities you gain from persona fusion are active. There's nothing from OW that has anything similar to physical and SP abilities. The weapons don't have resistances, immunities, and weaknesses. Persona do.

"It's just a skin" is a completely laughable claim. The fact that you have failed to address the several counterexamples shows how little you actually pay attention to what has been shown from Scramble's trailers thus far.

This question has no bearing on whether Scramble is just a "skin" or not.
I won't belive it until i see it, knowing Omega Force.

I won't belive it until i see it, knowing Omega Force.
Then explain to me how the Makato and Joker in the ferris wheel scene is a story cutscene and you don't have the option who to hang out with.

The Persona screenshot literally shows status affecting abilities, healing abilities, and elemental abilities. And of course, physical abilities can be learned, too. Weapon fusion does not have those aspects because the enhancements from weapon fusion are passive.

MagnesG

Banned
To become engaged for any premise using the DW formula as a core, I must be excited about the material they're using it first.

For now, I'm still 50/50 on the full execution. +1 for the SMT Demons though.

Top Bottom