• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR3 update - Geometry Wars: retro evolved

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
http://www.geometrywars.com/
gwars_main_02.gif

otherwise, not much of an update. read about it here
http://www.bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=44

sangreal

I've been playing GW all morning. Fucking awesome game. I'd probably buy a standalone version if they released it on XBL Arcade.

I never even knew about it until a few days ago

FiRez

sangreal said:
I've been playing GW all morning. Fucking awesome game. I'd probably buy a standalone version if they released it on XBL Arcade.

I never even knew about it until a few days ago

TIP: Download the mutant storm demo from XB live Arcade, is pretty much a clone of geometry wars.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
what is geometry wars? Looks good. How do I access it from PGR2?

Also, does xbox live arcade mean I have to buy a disc first, or is it all online these days? Haven't been on xbox live for ages.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
mrklaw said:

Also, does xbox live arcade mean I have to buy a disc first, or is it all online these days? Haven't been on xbox live for ages.

XBL arcade is disc based for the main program but all the content is online.

in PGR2, you go to the garage and press Y where you can walk around. Near one of the ends and there's an arcade machine where you can walk up to it and start playing.

FiRez said:
TIP: Download the mutant storm demo from XB live Arcade, is pretty much a clone of geometry wars.

psst: mutant storm is also a PC game

FiRez

mrklaw said:

1).- Arcade cabinet on the garage
2).- You need the disc, is included on the xbox live starter kit

Blimblim

The Inside Track
mrklaw said:

Go to your garage, press Y, walk to the arcade machine, play.

Too much damn bloom. When are developers gonna realize that bloom doesn't look realistic? This would look much more realistic without the annoying bloom.

[/sarcasm]

That looks purty and I'm sure I'll spend quite a bit of time on it.

Top Bottom