• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planescape Torment II!!!!!!!!

Oh how do I wish for it, but in the mean time im playing the original to death lately. I love this game, I know there's some PC gamers here who have yet to play it, so you should. Awesome art, story, characters, oh man!

torment-1280.jpg

Bregor

I've tried to play Torment twice, but I can't stand the DnD spell system, and have quit without getting far both times.

Planescape is honestly more of an adventure game than an RPG I figure. Lots of exploring and talking and understanding. Fighting is there and reasonably fun but hey, Im mostly there for the experience.

akascream

Banned
If I'm going to play D&D, I want to build my own characters, not play a stylized, predetermined role. Then again, if I'm going to play D&D, I'm not going to play it on the computer where you lose the most important dynamic.

shoplifter

akascream said:
That says a lot about your imagination.

iawtp

I love how people who spend their lives on a videogame forum can still manage to denigrate roleplayers...but those damned LARPers deserve it. :lol

akascream

Banned
I love how people who spend their lives on a videogame forum can still manage to denigrate roleplayers.

I know, like one is more nerdy than the other. The people in capes are the extreme ones.. we spend most of our time dungeon crawling. Our DM loves putting clever dungeons together with some great encounters (mixing and matching different monsters for all kinds of strategic possibilities), and we love solving em. Besides, one only need look at the 'lightning bolt!.. lightning bolt!' EQ real life roleplaying video to see the depths videogame nerd can sink to. But even that guy has friends. ::imagines MAF playing Planescape Torment all alone::

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
shoplifter said:
iawtp

I love how people who spend their lives on a videogame forum can still manage to denigrate roleplayers...but those damned LARPers deserve it. :lol

Everyone is a loser to someone else. There are just different levels. You can go all the way up to the higher levels of loserness and see that rugby players look down on footballers.

I cant play torment for some reason on 2 different computers the game at random spots with stop and ask for disc1 (which is in) and no matter how many time I reinsert eject the damn thing it just wont read.

and YES I HAVE the game

the disc art is of the 2 characters in 1 dual jewel incase and the color is a shit lookin orange cone color

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone care to summarize what happens after you leave the mausoleum? :)

I never played beyond that point, and I have always had problems getting this game to run under Win XP for whatever reason...

Does the unnamed one ever find love?....Or at least pants?

epmode

ZombieSupaStar said:
I cant play torment for some reason on 2 different computers the game at random spots with stop and ask for disc1 (which is in) and no matter how many time I reinsert eject the damn thing it just wont read.

and YES I HAVE the game

the disc art is of the 2 characters in 1 dual jewel incase and the color is a shit lookin orange cone color
install the entire game to your hard drive. even the first disc. if it still requires the first disc, find a no-cd crack.

The writing in this game is so damned awesome. It was better the first time obviously cause it was more about uncovering what the hell happened to him and whats going on, but even on the second and third time through its still so well done its like WOWZA!

Oh, and im running under xp, no probs so far.

Mama Smurf said:
Everyone is a loser to someone else. There are just different levels. You can go all the way up to the higher levels of loserness and see that rugby players look down on footballers.
There are actually very strict rules that govern this stuff...
geekchartbig.gif

Coincidentally, I just beat the game yesterday.
... and got everyone killed. So sad.
Except in the case of that prick Vahlior, he had it coming.

epmode said:
wait a sec, i can't run the damn game anymore. xp.

the game doesn't even start.
I was running the 2-CD, 1.1 version and had no problems with XP (it was $5 at Frys, and came with Soulbringer... which I haven't looked at).

And for anyone starting the game, I reccomend this fan patch. Installing it in a currently running game can cause a lot of problems, though...

EDIT - Oh wait, does it go to a black screen, and then just kick you back to the desktop? I had that happen a few times... if you repeatedly click the left mouse button, it continues to load.

You also might try switching color depth to 16 bit if you're running at 32, that helped a friend of mine... but I think that was under 2000.

epmode

i just reinstalled, so i'm patchless. banjo has my problem down: it hangs. eventually loads, then kicks me back to the desktop. i tried running at 800x600, 16-bit color, didn't help.

i'm using the 4 cd version, though. does anyone know where i can still buy one of the other versions? i'm on the east coast, so fry's is out of the question.

epmode said:
i'm using the 4 cd version, though. does anyone know where i can still buy one of the other versions? i'm on the east coast, so fry's is out of the question.
I think I've seen them at Fred Meyer (do they have those on the East coast?) They're from a series of 2-game CD boxes form Interplay, basically double-sized cardboard jewel cases.

Top Bottom